The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

32 minutes ago, loserone said:

Is it? My 1.5dci 4x4 is definitely a bit undergeared for cruising at 80

PXL_20220716_122835043.jpg

I didn't take it over about 65mph as I wasn't used to it, which is about 2600rpm. Don't have the same need to as I do with the Fabia.

5 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I didn't take it over about 65mph as I wasn't used to it, which is about 2600rpm. Don't have the same need to as I do with the Fabia.

Amazing.  

I would regard not being able to cruise at 130kph within 5 minutes of getting into a car for the first time a significant deficiency for anything made in the last 20 years or so!

8 minutes ago, loserone said:

Amazing.  

I would regard not being able to cruise at 130kph within 5 minutes of getting into a car for the first time a significant deficiency for anything made in the last 20 years or so!

could travel at 80, but I stuck to A and B-roads mostly. :)

I was at Blair Drummond Safari Park yesterday and got a call from my window cleaner at about 6pm which I thought was strange. He has a Saab 93 diesel estate and said that the SiD was giving him a battery not charging message.

I popped over with the wee voltmeter that came with my red 93 and the alternator was putting out 11v when running so it was definitely goosed.  I also tried to get the bonnet open as the cable had snapped on one side but the undertray would have needed to come off so fuck that. The car only just made it to the garage a mile down the road this morning before the battery died. 

15 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I was at Blair Drummond Safari Park yesterday and got a call from my window cleaner at about 6pm which I thought was strange. He has a Saab 93 diesel estate and said that the SiD was giving him a battery not charging message.

I popped over with the wee voltmeter that came with my red 93 and the alternator was putting out 11v when running so it was definitely goosed.  I also tried to get the bonnet open as the cable had snapped on one side but the undertray would have needed to come off so fuck that. The car only just made it to the garage a mile down the road this morning before the battery died. 

Blair Drummond safari park, we’ve had some great days there. Such good value compared to anywhere down here.

9 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Sounds like the radio isn't loud enough, fit a bigger amp and speakers , fixes all strange engine noises 😬😬😬

it has loud enough upgrade sounds... i had a strop transferred( insert chucked/slung)  everything into the galaxy and swapped parking spaces to use the galaxy as daily

Today was my last day at my old job. This week in the intervening time, the Civic saloon is off for its second MOT in my ownership (that's a first!) and the MX-5 is getting a new windscreen and a strut brace. I'll probably take the sill covers off the CRX too and cry at the state of the sills. 

12 hours ago, wuvvum said:

38 here at the moment, was 39 earlier.  The house is coping surprisingly well though - it's probably nearly 15 degrees cooler in here than out there, I've just got a little USB fan going and I'm fine.

In wife's car this week.

It looks like I picnic on the front window. 

Aircon is excellent. Not excellent is the fact that when it's really hot one of the calipers is obviously sticking. It's fine when the weather is 20 degs and not 40. 

I shall try to drive home from work today less enthusiastically and use the brakes less.  

20220718_160356.jpg

20220718_072017.jpg

There have been Developments. 

A long-awaited project looks like it has financial backing (from my stepmother) and a green light for Works to commence. 

I don't want to jinx it and I am also conscious that I have to sort and sell the 9000 (any interest? It will have 12m test, sorted headlining, new brakes and a service).

But... let's just say it's British, it's shite, it's about 100 miles away and it almost certainly needs welding. 

Heatwave shiting. Yesterday used the Aircon-tastic 940, luuurvely.

Today I went topless in the MG.

CB359271-A3FD-4447-9221-2525E3E15BAF.jpeg

Took precautions… 

F7495F3F-AF39-4806-B461-9189EF0DBF5B.jpeg

Ungrateful shit paid me back with a flat tyre at the end of the working day! No idea why… seems to be holding air again now, but time will tell in the morning. 

7 minutes ago, Bren said:

Replaced the pollen and diesel filters on the vectra in anticipation of going to Devon on Saturday.

After the holiday the likelihood is we will be looking for a replacement.

Give us a shout when you're getting rid of the Vectra - might be interested in another!