The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I've been using the Pela but the lance is stopped by some kind of baffle on the 9-3 sumps so won't work. It's fine on the Cavalier but the oil filter is right behind the drivers side wheel so the car needs to go up in the air anyway. The actual oil change on the Saab was really easy but I slopped the oil all over the drive 🤣

1 minute ago, OM646 said:

Seems like every day I'm gonna be working in stereos...

Got this nice little unit working in a mark 4 Polo todayIMG_20220608_115450.thumb.jpg.6e62e566308949808d20132ec50a214c.jpg

How easy are those to fit? Would be quite nice in the Fabia if I canny get another Sony... or win the roffle.

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

How easy are those to fit? Would be quite nice in the Fabia if I canny get another Sony... or win the roffle.

Remarkably easy! Just needs a little canbus adapter that I can send the link for. No wiring necessary, just plugs

And they sell a version with green buttons for Skodas too!

10 minutes ago, OM646 said:

Remarkably easy! Just needs a little canbus adapter that I can send the link for. No wiring necessary, just plugs

And they sell a version with green buttons for Skodas too!

Excellent. Don't think I'd need a canbus adapter because Mk1 Fabia. Sounds cool tho! :)

17 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Excellent. Don't think I'd need a canbus adapter because Mk1 Fabia. Sounds cool tho! :)

thought it'd be the same as the 9N Polo which needed it! 

But a lot of sellers will bundle the adapter so one can always try

The radio model is RCN210 btw 

Have arranged to hire a car while here in Turkey, just to explore for a day or two. My initial attempt to get a Dacia Lodgy for the 6 of us via the company our hotel plugged failed but I've instead been offered an older Hyundai Starex (which as far as I can tell is a rebadged Mitsi Delica) instead. 20 quid extra for the two days would've got me a Transit minibus, but where's the fun in renting something I could've driven at home?

Intrigued to see what shows up tomorrow.

Old boy at work asked me if I could help him replace this panel on his sovereign... he reckons its bolt on job.. but I reckon its a bigger job than he thinks .. like welding.. cutting.. etc 

He nor I have access to a ramp or lift.

Anyone done one before?

20220608_194332.png

a3930aff-0f47-4a18-96bf-ce9a6b57cc3e.png

426dfaf1-09a5-4098-9732-e84515e3fa77.png

6 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Old boy at work asked me if I could help him replace this panel on his sovereign... he reckons its bolt on job.. but I reckon its a bigger job than he thinks .. like welding.. cutting.. etc 

He nor I have access to a ramp or lift.

Anyone done one before?

20220608_194332.png

a3930aff-0f47-4a18-96bf-ce9a6b57cc3e.png

426dfaf1-09a5-4098-9732-e84515e3fa77.png

Looking at the replacement panel it is probably a cut and weld job, but I could be wrong

Was in subway earlier, some bloke was going on about all sorts of random shite. 

I decided he was a total nutcase when he came out with this bold statement "barbers and hairdressers are all money laundering organisations and nothing else"

Cue the next 10 minutes, various bits of "evidence" of why this is the case...

Not a soul in there had a clue who he was or what the fuck he was talking about. He was loud enough for everyone to hear, of course

Left me rather puzzled and made me question why I actually chose to go to subway...  

TLDR; subway attracts very odd people, would not recommend. 

Maybe this is what happens when the cretins from the 'must stupid message when flogging a shiter' are allowed outside!

17 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I saw a photo recently of us all at Shitefest 2014, standing around the two-stroke Fiesta and did feel quite the pang of sadness at the sight of your old man. Hope you do manage to revisit that project. The result would be awesome. 

He was sceptical of it as an idea but I think secretly he was looking forward to silly DERV powah.

I've been feeling like I've not been putting in enough effort with my cars to make him proud, I'll have to fix that over the summer.

Hire car collected. Feast your eyes on this magnificence:

20220609_100012.thumb.jpg.cf73a9eda1df435e48ef722eb5a29dac.jpg

3rd and 5th, and 2nd and 4th are stupidly close together, reverse is a bastard to engage and the aftermarket parking sensors are having a fit every time you try and back up. It's a bit battered and the sills are entirely chequerplate, and she's done 250k kms But it has ice cold air con front and back, a Bluetooth stereo (by Pyle Auido it proudly proclaims) and some sort of turbo diesel. It'll do. Maybe I should've had the Transit instead.