The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

5 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

Why Trig? Because they’re worth a fortune, and if you can get repair it inexpensively, there’s a whopping great profit in it.

I have no idea why they’re so valuable, they don’t do anything for me.

I thought they had a value but the prices seem to be all over the place, I saw one sell for £5500 with 160k on it yet another struggle to make £1250? 

I've got a few banger racers with panels willing to help, it's just working a deal at the moment

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

I'm bored with upsetting Rover 75 owners now so it seems my new hobby is upsetting mental Saabists. 

Screenshot_20220607-162618_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e517933fc3452bdd7b1300d403865b6d.jpg

Screenshot_20220607-162538_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e56ab5183b2359bf34969b9b9617b73b.jpg

Screenshot_20220607-162549_Facebook.thumb.jpg.332963acb14df9099a44c239579263b2.jpg

What is it that attracts me to these types of cars again? 🤣

I have some very bad news for you. Any  Facebook or Instagram group for any marque will be stuffed with people like that.

I have even worse news. Any large grouping of people will have many people like that in it, whether net based or not.

Oil change again for the red Saab 93 last night, I can't believe I've had it 6 months now. Its a great car and insanely quick with the remap and the auto gearbox. 

The oil change itself was straightforward,  but I forgot that the engine takes 6 litres so the basin was very full.  I turned it into a right skiddle. I need to invest in one of those big waste oil pans with a spout!

20 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Yeah, colour doesn’t show brilliantly on these shots but it was brown with grey bumpers. According to the Nova club a very rare colour for an SR! 
D04309F0-43E2-454B-B8A3-3D9D32ED2237.jpeg42E23467-685A-48D2-8CDE-5AF3B826DECC.jpeg

That's why I was asking. I don't think I ever remember seeing an SR in that colour! Gorgeous on the Mk1 Astra GTE alloys too. 

9 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Oil change again for the red Saab 93 last night, I can't believe I've had it 6 months now. Its a great car and insanely quick with the remap and the auto gearbox. 

The oil change itself was straightforward,  but I forgot that the engine takes 6 litres so the basin was very full.  I turned it into a right skiddle. I need to invest in one of those big waste oil pans with a spout!

I've got one of these. Handy af.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221391629825?epid=22017022793

oil pan.jpg

11 hours ago, brownnova said:

Local car night tonight… I took both my girls so photographing was limited. I focused on my two favourite cars there… 

FFB81DE0-19B7-40B0-B9C8-60A5BA3C98F4.jpeg

Memories of Uncle Jack trying to tow our coke bottle Mk3 up a long hill near Devizes before the clutch gave up the ghost.......

Got any more shots of the Hunter/Rapier in the back there? We were in the coke bottle Cortina as local scrotes had torched the garages with our Hillman Hunter in it,

I've been using the Pela but the lance is stopped by some kind of baffle on the 9-3 sumps so won't work. It's fine on the Cavalier but the oil filter is right behind the drivers side wheel so the car needs to go up in the air anyway. The actual oil change on the Saab was really easy but I slopped the oil all over the drive 🤣