The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

13 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

Anyone want a really tidy low mileage Mx5 with 1 years MOT?

how much, mister ? if it was a mk1, i’d be on a train already.

congrats on the mot pass, great little cars 

@Mi30n how about this one ?

1 minute ago, SiC said:

I've always wanted one of these. Used to be a chap near Slough who imported them and sold them cheap. Not seen any from him for a few years now. 

of course you want the one car made out of composite materials that can still rust badly :mrgreen:

24 minutes ago, gm said:

how much, mister ? if it was a mk1, i’d be on a train already.

congrats on the mot pass, great little cars 

@Mi30n how about this one ?

😁Don't you have a million of them already? ..I think AS needs to stage a intervention!

Best price?  I'll need to have a think (and get an ad up). Its got a full tank of super unleaded 😂.  

39 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

😁Don't you have a million of them already? ..I think AS needs to stage a intervention!

Best price?  I'll need to have a think (and get an ad up). Its got a full tank of super unleaded 😂.  

it’s for a friend, i promise :) 

Collegue asked me too change her spark plugs on her skoda octavia 2014 as her dad couldn't get coil on plugs off , so she asked me and bloody hell they stuck like shit too a blanket, so tried 2nd plug and coil and it move more , so between me and an assistant we tried gently pulling as I didn't want to break it, but the rubber separated ( story of many unhappy mens lives..lol ) from the coil top, and the rest would not release from inside the tube, asked when last changed and never in her ownership, its going for a cambelt soon so she gonna get them to look at it, told her she will need it to be replaced and most likely all 4.

38 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Collegue asked me too change her spark plugs on her skoda octavia 2014 as her dad couldn't get coil on plugs off , so she asked me and bloody hell they stuck like shit too a blanket, so tried 2nd plug and coil and it move more , so between me and an assistant we tried gently pulling as I didn't want to break it, but the rubber separated ( story of many unhappy mens lives..lol ) from the coil top, and the rest would not release from inside the tube, asked when last changed and never in her ownership, its going for a cambelt soon so she gonna get them to look at it, told her she will need it to be replaced and most likely all 4.

Quick Google reckons it's common problem, u can buy a tool but can't see the difference, and found a video but they seem like brand new  coils he pulling out no efforts..

https://youtu.be/dBel74hW-I4

Screenshot_20220407-185719_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The Saaaaaab passed its MoT. Well, actually it didn't, because the headlamps were boss-eyed and pointing at the sky. But the nice man at the garage adjusted them for £10 which I'm calling a win, based on the amount of time I'd be faffing about with measuring tape and chalk and then have to take it back for a re-test.

My new job is a 60 mile round trip but (so far) 2 days a week. I've been using the Puma for fuel economy reasons but the Saab is a much better cruiser and there's a short run on the M40. Think I'll treat myself to first-class next week.

IMG_20220330_115054797_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, grogee said:

The Saaaaaab passed its MoT. Well, actually it didn't, because the headlamps were boss-eyed and pointing at the sky. But the nice man at the garage adjusted them for £10 which I'm calling a win, based on the amount of time I'd be faffing about with measuring tape and chalk and then have to take it back for a re-test.

My new job is a 60 mile round trip but (so far) 2 days a week. I've been using the Puma for fuel economy reasons but the Saab is a much better cruiser and there's a short run on the M40. Think I'll treat myself to first-class next week.

IMG_20220330_115054797_HDR.jpg

Looks great that does, I fancy a 9-5 wagon when I bored of the V70.

A new vehicle has joined the FolkUs family

Shock horror - it's French

No collekshun fred as it was local and the seller very kindly dropped it off

Mother_FolkUs was making noises about wanting "a big MPV but not a stupid 4x4" 

So when you get offered a Citroen Xsara Picasso that's done about 30k miles (yes thirty!) for £notmuch you buy it don't you!

My goodness it's lovely. I've hated French cars but I like this one very much

It'll go to Mother_FolkUs, if she doesn't want/like it I'll be shedding a Focus or two and keeping it myself

TDLR; I'm a French car convert

No pics m8 - its a cosmetically challenged Citroen Xsara Picasso. Use your imagination. But it's not Ronnie Pickering Red I'll say that much :D

Been looking for a good one for awhile.Bought this earlier ,turned  14000 miles on clock on the way home to West Wales.lived in Worcester all its life less than 700 miles a year. Underneath and sills great. Slight corrosion on front edge of inner arch.it drives like new,

Will it last twenty years as per my abused original.?

some of the panels have been badly rattle canned to cover a few parking scuffs,let’s hope I can tcut this offD6A65053-1282-482D-B3D2-1E78D12D9F91.thumb.jpeg.91bcd10cdff9af624e65de9f4658a02f.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Bwrlwm said:

Been looking for a good one for awhile.Bought this earlier ,turned  14000 miles on clock on the way home to West Wales.lived in Worcester all its life less than 700 miles a year. Underneath and sills great. Slight corrosion on front edge of inner arch.it drives like new,

some of the panels have been badly rattle canned to cover a few parking scuffs,let’s hope I can tcut this offD6A65053-1282-482D-B3D2-1E78D12D9F91.thumb.jpeg.91bcd10cdff9af624e65de9f4658a02f.jpeg

You sir are a winner. These are gr11 cars and provided you can keep the rust moth at bay are a really enjoyable car to drive.

850 or 989cc?

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

A new vehicle has joined the FolkUs family

Shock horror - it's French

No collekshun fred as it was local and the seller very kindly dropped it off

Mother_FolkUs was making noises about wanting "a big MPV but not a stupid 4x4" 

So when you get offered a Citroen Xsara Picasso that's done about 30k miles (yes thirty!) for £notmuch you buy it don't you!

My goodness it's lovely. I've hated French cars but I like this one very much

It'll go to Mother_FolkUs, if she doesn't want/like it I'll be shedding a Focus or two and keeping it myself

TDLR; I'm a French car convert

No pics m8 - its a cosmetically challenged Citroen Xsara Picasso. Use your imagination. But it's not Ronnie Pickering Red I'll say that much :D

Pervert! Show n tell!

13 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Pervert! Show n tell!

Its absolutely hanging at the moment so I'd be embarrassed to photograph it . The best way I can describe it is that its like its been used as a portable Household Waste Recycling Centre. Every corner is scraped and there's multiple dents, but I'll sort the cosmetics out as its a really nice car underneath the cosmetics. The interior smells like a combination of a farmer's armpit (damp livestock) and a mouldy smelling "Yankee" air freshener. But I'll sort that too. 

I'll get a picture of it when it looks better. But for now, have this generic one from the internet. It looks just like it (same spec + colour) - just more damaged and dirty!

Citroën Xsara Picasso - used blue citroen xsara picasso - Mitula Cars

1 hour ago, Bwrlwm said:

A Coure, fantastic! They only weight about 700kg minus any "Cuore Oxide" that may develop, great fun! I currently have one too many vehicles on the fleet so must refrain from any silly eBay searches....!

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Its absolutely hanging at the moment so I'd be embarrassed to photograph it . The best way I can describe it is that its like its been used as a portable Household Waste Recycling Centre. Every corner is scraped and there's multiple dents, but I'll sort the cosmetics out as its a really nice car underneath the cosmetics. The interior smells like a combination of a farmer's armpit (damp livestock) and a mouldy smelling "Yankee" air freshener. But I'll sort that too. 

I'll get a picture of it when it looks better. But for now, have this generic one from the internet. It looks just like it (same spec + colour) - just more damaged and dirty!

Citroën Xsara Picasso - used blue citroen xsara picasso - Mitula Cars

Sounds lush! Petrol or dieofadiseasel?