The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

9 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Went to a local cars and coffee event today.

I've never seen a hearse at such an event,so went safe in the knowledge that I'd be the only one.............

20220327_120718.thumb.jpg.692e439bd85f975dfa121314ad278883.jpg

Well I was wrong.

You couldn't make it up 🤣

i'll see your Sierror and raise you one Grananadanada 🤣

Keeping the French End Up.

20220327_151459.thumb.jpg.d1f9bf72c4217716c905777958ab33ac.jpg

Espace is still wonderful, although I need to start using it more to prevent things seizing up.  Shatis turned 279k the other day so that's 7,000 miles in my ownership so far.  I'm toying with the idea of getting the AC fixed, unless a previous owner can confirm whether the system is completely bolloxed.  I'm lazy these days and haven't done any basic checks yet.  The easier and cheaper solution would be to summer daily the Xedos instead as the AC works well in that.  I can't imagine the VS would take too kindly to being laid up though...

My beloved 205 had its NCT today,the Irish equivalent to the MOT.

Its quite strict,but I'm happy to say it passed

20220328_130656.thumb.jpg.ff5a280f4459204c7ab8a7135db6d449.jpg

20220328_130714.thumb.jpg.2c785b2738d4a53b66729da4da018afd.jpg

Its had a wee bit of a makeover during the winter,glow plug relay has stopped working,so that's the next item to sort.

20220328_114351.thumb.jpg.0156f2a877d77316a1fe40f157420a57.jpg

Also just clocked up 120k today,so two milestones in one day.

Not bad for a 36 year old flimsy French car.

Visited my parents for the weekend seeing as it was Mothering Sunday.

my sister has jetted off to Belize for a few weeks work and I picked up her car on the way home to get my mechanic friend to do the cambelt and a drive shaft on her car. Renault quoted £2400!

I have driven it from oxford, vacuumed, autoglymed the interior cloth and plastic and washed the outside and dragon breathed the wheels. Looks presentable now. 

Date code on the rear tyres is 0115, could be original! They are on the list to be replaced with the rest of the work.

8B56FD01-E46D-4C8D-A91E-2E5CD2EFBEAB.jpeg

5 hours ago, hairnet said:

maximas on that no?

AAH the Maxima, 2 years on and I haven't even had to top up the radiator. Passed it's test with no advisories a week ago now on only 270,000 km. Only done 7000 k's in the last year though. Oh yeah, I had to buy a new battery 6 months ago. 

9 minutes ago, cobblers said:

What kind of a nonce gives an advisory for underseal?  

One that thinks it's covering a repair made of chicken wire and expanding foam, but isn't allowed to drill into it and send the material off for analysis.  

Daily mail from 1997 is probably what he thinks. 

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

this.

does the screwdriver of tap/death go through?

then its fine

also see - components rusty - yeah they live under the car - as do you mot man - are you rusty too?? ffs /rant /gripe

/calms down /drinks tea /preps for drive through salop

8 hours ago, STUNO said:

AAH the Maxima, 2 years on and I haven't even had to top up the radiator. Passed it's test with no advisories a week ago now on only 270,000 km. Only done 7000 k's in the last year though. Oh yeah, I had to buy a new battery 6 months ago. 

pics of knackered bus you drive please

pics of STUNO poking scrap somewhere would be good @Jons house? (joke jon :D )

4 hours ago, cobblers said:

If I was testing a transit and it was covered in underseal, I would be advising it as such to cover my ass, especially when it looks to have had a repair.

Transits are prime fodder to be bodged, get an MOT, sold on, then the new owner is furious about how a "rotten" transit got a clean MOT pass and subsequently puts the test station and tester under scrutiny