The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

2 hours ago, dome said:

Mk3 MX5 on Scottish plates, hope it's not rusty!

44 minutes ago, RichardK said:

Private plate :)

066385DD-7113-4647-8C7C-2B15C4E46A35.thumb.jpeg.3af5c10e7b107101a78ae6d08dbbaa1c.jpeg

2BEFB34D-9CC3-47AD-BF81-AB2EF978E535.jpeg

1802E2D1-0744-47F5-949F-453E01590ED3.jpeg

89DA4E82-77E9-4C4A-9003-51E8B20985C3.jpeg

Photoshop.

No mx5 is that un-rusty.

FAKE NEWS

Oh, and SLR? Is it named after a Belgian assault rifle in British service or is the geek part of my brain riffing in this respect?

14 hours ago, Pete-M said:

Now one of the daftest bits of car design in history means that if you have a Mini Cooper S with factory navigation it doesn't have a temperature gauge, just an idiot light. 

No Bini has a temp gauge, idiot light is all any of them have. 

Out with the fam for my mother's birthday last night. I got talking with the fil and he mentioned the scrap man was collecting his '07 300c estate today. It's a 3.0 v6 diesel auto. I told him to cancel and I'll have it (the mental fucker).  The mot runs out today and it needs a battery. It's also been done up like a bentley with all the badges, grille etc.

At £280 it could be the bargain of the year.

38 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Out with the fam for my mother's birthday last night. I got talking with the fil and he mentioned the scrap man was collecting his '07 300c estate today. It's a 3.0 v6 diesel auto. I told him to cancel and I'll have it (the mental fucker).  The mot runs out today and it needs a battery. It's also been done up like a bentley with all the badges, grille etc.

Let me know if you sell it. 👍

4 hours ago, paulplom said:

YES

12 minutes ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Wax stat removed from the K11 yesterday as it decided like they all do to turn on cold idle when warm, resulting in the lovely behaviour of 1,500 rpm when the CVT disengages, which catches the CVT and makes the car pull ahead. 

What confuses me is when it's removed the car defaults to the idle control valve and works just fine without the wax stat, which begs the question what the fuck is the point of the thing if all it does is fail?

Improved warmup in very cold weather I assume. As it works fine without it, I doubt there's any point in replacing it. I can't say I've ever heard my car go to fast idle at all- it's always at ~850RMP whatever the weather... perhaps they did away with it.

2 minutes ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

If your TB unit has the green spring on the side then it's got a wax stat.  Two phillips screws and it pings off. 

Here is a guide I used.

Funnily enough I was playing around with the engine today replacing the fuel filter. The spring was gold.

17 minutes ago, paulplom said:

estate

Ffs man, my labrador does not approve 🤣🤣🤣 (no longer interested soz)

17 minutes ago, paulplom said:

drug dealer spec

I do know some people in pharmaceutical distribution who might be interested though.

Sadly they might not be able to collect for awhile.....can you hold it for the next 7 years.😁