The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I managed to start the SD1. Twongallins of momentum and turning the dizzy anti clockwise had it going eventually. I need to top the coolant off and get the strobe on it tomorrow.

I celebrated by going to the gym. On the way the Idrive informed me my rear pads need replacing.

The lord giveth. And the lord taketh away.....

On 9/3/2021 at 2:26 AM, wuvvum said:

In that scenario I'd be worried that the lift would restart when I was halfway out and chop me in two.

My older brother had a goods lift do this to him, didn’t chop him quite in half but caused some serious back injuries. It turned out the staff where he was working had tampered with the door sensor as it had kept cutting out. The employer got an eye watering fine, all done behind closed doors as they admitted and settled it. 

21 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I hate lifts due to working in a hotel, and the lift buttons always gave me a massive belt of static, same with the light switches in all the rooms. 

Had to just take it like a man when in the public areas but the service lift buttons got smashed by every random non metallic object I could find over a few year period. 

Didn't even matter what shoes I wore. At work the zip tap gives me a tingle if I wear my posh shoes, but wearing trainers is fine. 

I’ve worked where i work now for five years. In that time across six lifts they replaced all the metal buttons with plastic ones because of static and more recently to touch-free sensor ones because Covid. Unfortunately you have to get your hand so close to the sensor that the static arcs across and zaps you so thats just great. 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:28 PM, HMC said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58424221

A consultation or some such about adding a levy on older vehicles using the m4 in wales. It’s proposed as an option for pre 2006 petrol and pre 2015 diesel vehicles.

And if I read that correctly, the Consultation has already closed, great publicity 

Having a bit of a clear out of my garage so I decided to move the old Manta engine and box to my lockup to make space.  The sensible thing would be to crane it into the van and drive it up but my lockup is only a few hundred yards away and it'd mean moving the engine crane up there to unload it. Onto a trolley it went. 

This went fine, apart from pushing it up this bastard slope.  I've came from the top left corner of the picture. It's not that steep, until you try and push an all iron CIH engine and box up it yourself. 

IMG_20210904_105745.thumb.jpg.5e08145254765ddf21e2684046a2a41a.jpg

Nearly there 

IMG_20210904_105755.thumb.jpg.682d76bbd6e7535933e6fc6e9621df9b.jpg

Got it in. I'm sweating like a teenage girl who's just been introduced to Prince Andrew

11 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Hmm.  If it was a dizzle or a 3.2 I'd say go for it, but the 2.6 isn't the best engine option - it's thirsty without being massively quick.  Does sound nice though.

Yes it's thirsty, it's probably underwhelming as compared with the Passat but by all accounts it's huge in the back. And I can't help but like it. 

Rational brain says no, frolicking brain says at least go for a test drive as its probably no more than 7 miles away. 

When I bought it my MX5 had some unsightly mud flaps fitted. A few weeks back I drove through a flood and dislodged them, but I pushed them back into place thinking i must get around to taking them off. I finally got round to removing them properly yesterday. Pleased that the car looks better. Less pleased that on the drivers side the mud flap has clearly held moisture and dirt against the end of the sill and there is a bit of rust which will need repairing 🙄

12 hours ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Please, I need help. 

I need guidance, and maybe my head seeing to. 

This is for sale near me and I think I want it. 

But I also like being married. 

Screenshot_20210904-204434_Facebook.jpg

Have you boughted it yet? 

What about now? 

OK... How about now? 

😁

12 hours ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Please, I need help. 

I need guidance, and maybe my head seeing to. 

This is for sale near me and I think I want it. 

But I also like being married. 

Screenshot_20210904-204434_Facebook.jpg

Be sure to check in the front wheel Wells, where the chassis rail meets the sheet metal for the strut tower. and the rear door shuts!

Ask me how I know! 😆