The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 hours ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

Gah..  not so much 24h more like 3 months of moving house and real life stuff  taking away from my lurking and shitposting..(I did squeeze in a nice car port tho..) mind I managed to help the girlfriend buy a nice Volvo C30 and even managed to buy a rusty old shitter myself (And belive me I have been trying!)

1630437352931_20210827_083602.jpg

Tell more! I love a 'stang saloon. 

8 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Tell more! I love a 'stang saloon. 

Allegedly a 1 owner car from California   a raft of bill and invoices going back to 81. Bar a rusty RHS  floorplan- from the inside, ( I guess something spilled and was not noticed as it appears to have had little use )  it's mostly original and un fucked around with. It has hat a truly atrocious  paint job about 14 years ago - sanding mark's, milroblistering, dust, blotches and runs it's got everything !

From all the Bill's and the patina it looks to have been used rarely, money thrown at it every 6-12 months then used as a shelf as almost all of the dings and dents  are in the horispzontal surfaces or from stuff leaning or falling against the sides.

It does make a lovely sound tho and as long as your 10 feet away looks spanky.  It'll be a couple of weeks before it's on the road due to welding and DVLA paperwork  not sure who is more excited for that,   me, the GF or her dad.

26 minutes ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

Allegedly a 1 owner car from California   a raft of bill and invoices going back to 81. Bar a rusty RHS  floorplan- from the inside, ( I guess something spilled and was not noticed as it appears to have had little use )  it's mostly original and un fucked around with. It has hat a truly atrocious  paint job about 14 years ago - sanding mark's, milroblistering, dust, blotches and runs it's got everything !

From all the Bill's and the patina it looks to have been used rarely, money thrown at it every 6-12 months then used as a shelf as almost all of the dings and dents  are in the horispzontal surfaces or from stuff leaning or falling against the sides.

It does make a lovely sound tho and as long as your 10 feet away looks spanky.  It'll be a couple of weeks before it's on the road due to welding and DVLA paperwork  not sure who is more excited for that,   me, the GF or her dad.

That sounds like the ultimate buy - solid, lots of paperwork and plenty of info on its past and generally looked after. Shite paint jobs can be corrected fairly easily in contrast to chasing ginger bits. 

Got a thread on it? 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:25 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

You need to have them on a chain hung round the neck. Now that's "old person"

A few years ago at work I used to do this with safety specs. I was based in the office but was in and out of the workshops and a couple of building sites at work. Old before my time (story of my life).

The civic i bought off here november last year, was delivered and sat there until today

IMG_20210901_115522.thumb.jpg.16d6292a99579bc88fd91b1ff09a9a88.jpg

Mot time.

A pass. Advisories as expected, tyres, wipers.

Slight chip; in screen.

Corrosion on rear suspension is miles better than most of this age 

Brakes is just not been used for 11 months. Just surface rust.

Anti roll bar links, i recon they will be fine for sometime me yet 

Well pleased overall.

IMG_20210901_133921.thumb.jpg.aca1a3ca7c804ad589a327efca5a184e.jpg

Coming back home and there's a horrible grindy groaning from the BX's front whenever I go over the slightest undulations in the road. It only happens at 30MPH and less, but it never happened when I bought the car. You can hear the groan and feel the graunching through the floor... sounds expensive. I wonder if the offside strut is about to give out.

I am starting to get the urge to sell it before it decided to break on me for sure and really.

Is there anyone on here that does, or knows someone that does exterior body welding? I need the Civic's rear arches welding up at some point (and I can provide the repair sections), but I want a top-notch job doing of them to do the rest of the car justice.