The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

2 hours ago, Spurious said:

We need a communal Audi thread. #madeinInglostadt 

Here's mine enjoying the sunny Pennines last week. 

IMG_20210824_193818.jpg

IMG_20210824_194039.jpg

I've noticed that my/LankyTim/Volksy's old 100 is out of tax and MOT. 

I've commented on a thread where I was talking to the current (to my knowledge) owner last year but he's not replied.

Screenshot_20210818-233543_Facebook.thumb.jpg.78caf69fabd6fe7c49411ca7ccb2c9e0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Is  Scot McDot a shiter? He's been in my Facebook friend suggestions for ages. My only guess so far is an alt account of FOAD or CMS. 

I'm friends with them but I don't know who they are. I just assumed it was one of the sexy single milfs in my area who want to meet. 

23 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

I'm friends with them but I don't know who they are. I just assumed it was one of the sexy single milfs in my area who want to meet. 

23 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

Oh!

I'm not a person to write LOL very often but this has made me LOL. 

Cavalier progress has bottomed out now I think.

The latest is that the outlet for the thermostat housing crumbled to bits due to alloy corrosion.

Thankfully I managed to get the ONLY ONE IN THE FUPPING COUNTRY from ebay and it arrived today  it looks in great condition. The thermostat is still in it but the rubber seal inside is perished so I'll fit the new one which is incidentally a nice weighty feeling Gates item.

The hardest part will be making the gasket for the housing to block join, I have some gasket paper for that.

I'll reassemble with some added treacle stuff that Gingernutzz recommended. 

Diesel Cavaliers seem incredibly hard to get non-service parts for nowadays. It's almost spent more time off the road than on in my ownership. Bought 13th June, came off the road 24th July and hasn't been back since.

7 hours ago, brownnova said:

It’s is funny when you get suggestions on Fb and you know they must be Shiters from the mutual friends list, but you have no idea who they are! That’s another one solved though as you’ve been suggested to me many a time too! 

Yeah, I probably know exactly what you look like, but it could be one of dozens of suggestions. 

Do you wear glasses, do you have a hat? Is your name Jack? 

A lot of stuff been going on here recently:

End of an era......

Camrys off for scrap/export/possible repair of the estate. A bit of a moment for me there, I bought my first one 15 years ago and it's tailgate was still doing a good job here. Sorting the ABS light was just one thing too many, and even if I'd got it sorted I would have no room to keep it (assuming the house we're going for works out, which isn't a foregone conclusion at present thanks to last-minute legal issues).

Datsun 1200 off to a new home

1200 leaving my custody, collected by its new owner on Sunday.

A chap came on Saturday and collected a load of Datsun parts off me, still got three engines and a gearbox to go.

IMG_7817.thumb.JPG.c9efe4787d199dc9a87ee9a2e55075ff.JPG

Container filling-up. The ex-Woolworth's shelving is dismantled and in here, all my timber shelves were removed tonight. I look forward to getting it all set-up again, one day......

Who's got that shopper bike with the bike engine on it these days, that was doing the rounds on here a few years ago? It was quite local to me but not sure if it still is. 

Its the Harley Davidson weekend where I live, where hundreds of bikes ride through the village and I fancy borrowing it and suddenly pulling out of a side street and being the leader of the gang as they come through. 

16 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Who's got that shopper bike with the bike engine on it these days, that was doing the rounds on here a few years ago? It was quite local to me but not sure if it still is. 

Its the Harley Davidson weekend where I live, where hundreds of bikes ride through the village and I fancy borrowing it and suddenly pulling out of a side street and being the leader of the gang as they come through. 

@flat4alfa won it in a roffle hosted by @Mrs Spart.

9 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

@flat4alfa won it in a roffle hosted by @Mrs Spart

Ah, that's miles away. However I'm in Slough at the minute so could pick it up on my way home but sadly doubt I could fit it in the Mazda, even if it folds like my mums shopper did. 

I've probably mentioned it before but Des Lynam used to live in East Preston. A mate of mine used to live down Golden Avenue near him. One day, we'd all been picking tomatoes from 6am (piece rate, great wages for 3-4hrs a day) and had then all headed to Daves after work to get pissed at about 10am. 

At some point someone sees Des riding a brown fold up shopper bike with a basket at the front past the house. Everyone leans out the window and starts shouting 'DESSSSSSEYYYY! DESSSSEEEEY'. 

Des just raised his arm, gave a little wave and said 'Ello there boys' which was FUCKING COOL AS FUCK! 

Anyhow, I've gone off on a right fucking tangent there haven't I. Christ. Probably enough booze for tonight. 

54 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Ah, that's miles away. However I'm in Slough at the minute so could pick it up on my way home but sadly doubt I could fit it in the Mazda, even if it folds like my mums shopper did. 

I've probably mentioned it before but Des Lynam used to live in East Preston. A mate of mine used to live down Golden Avenue near him. One day, we'd all been picking tomatoes from 6am (piece rate, great wages for 3-4hrs a day) and had then all headed to Daves after work to get pissed at about 10am. 

At some point someone sees Des riding a brown fold up shopper bike with a basket at the front past the house. Everyone leans out the window and starts shouting 'DESSSSSSEYYYY! DESSSSEEEEY'. 

Des just raised his arm, gave a little wave and said 'Ello there boys' which was FUCKING COOL AS FUCK! 

Anyhow, I've gone off on a right fucking tangent there haven't I. Christ. Probably enough booze for tonight. 

Yeah. What age were you to think Des Lynam was cool?

Actually did a car thing for the first time in ages...battery had died on the Espace and buggered if I could find the radio code.

Turns out you can pay Renner £10 or much better, just register with your reg number for their 'My Renault' app/account and you can get the code for free, although it insists on fat too much personal info for my liking.

No doubt I'll now get a gazillion piles of marketing guff through the door although the postman might wonder who the hell Mr Twatoff Pinkterton* is... (Don't tell 'em your name, Pike)

3 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Demonstrator vehicle in.

7D77D68A-447A-44B2-BBFD-DF43F2BD739F.thumb.jpeg.ea32045411190a63b2b39bbb0d62e623.jpeg

For the refuse vehicle fans it’s a DAF 45 LF 12t with a rotary body designed for bio waste.

One thing I've always wondered about these dustcarts: do any of them ever get an internal washout during their service lives, or does that rotting smell just get progressively worse over the years? 🤔