The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

36 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Agreed to spend a lot of money this afternoon after a test drive. Nice trip out to newlands corner in the sun. Car drove well enough- no classic Mercedes or Citroen but ok and with decent tyre walls too. This space will soon be filled - not going outside the current marque collection though. I did feel old when the salesman asked how long I’d had the 2cv and when I said 26 years, he said he was 22!

Pics or it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Was going to stop in the car park at newlands but didn’t actually get in to it. I doubled the mileage on the brand new test car from 6 to 12? Interesting colour, but it grew on me- paprika. I have bought another blue car - all my cars are blue.

Just now, richardmorris said:

Was going to stop in the car park at newlands but didn’t actually get in to it. I doubled the mileage on the brand new test car from 6 to 12? Interesting colour, but it grew on me- paprika. I have bought another blue car - all my cars are blue.

What is it?

6 hours ago, richardmorris said:

New, boring and unpopular. It drove very well and has a good number of toys. Mind you the Mercedes still drives almost perfectly and that’s not got the structural integrity of the titanic.

488F5523-CF8B-4471-8B02-F1FCD716FCAF.png

Didn't know they still made and sold these here; I've seen a couple of hatchbacks- same colour as this one- and one estate! 👍 😎

14 hours ago, stuboy said:

First aid at work 3 day course started.. some nice motors at the auctions 

20210804_123036.jpg

20210804_123024.jpg

20210804_123015.jpg

20210804_122936.jpg

20210804_122928.jpg

20210804_122917.jpg

20210804_122907.jpg

20210804_122900.jpg

20210804_122824.jpg

20210804_122804.jpg

20210804_122803.jpg

20210804_122802.jpg

20210804_122745.jpg

20210804_122729.jpg

20210804_122717.jpg

20210804_122705.jpg

20210804_122658.jpg

20210804_122646.jpg

20210804_122636.jpg

20210804_122627.jpg

20210804_122615.jpg

Wondering whether that Isis is the same one I saw at Reemans of Colchester about five years ago, now shorn of its four number F Essex plate. Almost certainly is, why can't greedy cunts leave stuff alone? 

We have been in Glasgow for a couple of days.

A few points , boy is it big, and everyone drives a SUV of some description.

Every Qasquai, Juke and note, that rolled off the Nissan Sunderland plant is now in Glasgow.

Everyone in the city centre drives a Range Rover SVR.

All roads seem large, open and fast.

And the Erskine bridge is geeet big.

1 hour ago, DVee8 said:

Every Qasquai, Juke and note, that rolled off the Nissan Sunderland plant is now in Glasgow.

Glasgow is best explored on foot, via the medium of the city's many excellent bars(and ideally avoiding the dodgy ones)

8 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Didn't know they still made and sold these here; I've seen a couple of hatchbacks- same colour as this one- and one estate! 👍 😎

This is the new face lift, with FIAT script on the grill and new 1litre turbo 3 cylinder lump. It's on a 21 reg and the active Cross edition for my "lifestyle". I like the fact that there are not many about - everyone round here has A class mercs and nissan cashcows.

I took the Audi to the exhaust fabricators today.

The place came recommended and the chap was super-decent about everything.

It is going to come in at a bit more than I expected, well a lot more, at between £650 to £800 and that's with me supplying the downpipe and subsequent cat section.

As I may have said before, exhausts for the 1.8 Cabriolet are absolutely unavailable. The way things have been going car-wise lately, the above is a bit much to shell out for a cat-back exhaust for a 125bhp 4 cylinder engine. I could fuck about trying to get similar exhausts to fit but even they are near impossible to find.

It's got MOT to January so I think, for the second time this summer, I'm going to have to cut my losses and punt it spares and repairs.

Flapsticks.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

This is the new face lift, with FIAT script on the grill and new 1litre turbo 3 cylinder lump. It's on a 21 reg and the active Cross edition for my "lifestyle". I like the fact that there are not many about - everyone round here has A class mercs and nissan cashcows.

For what it's worth, I really like these- precisely because it isn't a Datsun Cashcow- I also struggle to see how people are buying more of these SUV\Cross-over\ whatever thingies as they don't appear to be space efficient and must use more materials and fuel and stuff during build and in their operation. I'll grab my coat before running for cover! 😁😁😁

At the unit to do a bit of general tidying up, had intended on stopping at a shop in town to pick up lunch and cigarettes after my job centre appointment but completely forgot! I could endure the nightmare of getting parked again, along with the waste of time heading back, all for a shitey meal deal, or I could order a delivery of a sausage roll (as in sausages on a roll), a traybake and a hot coffee. I know which I'd pick! Cigarettes I can do without, probably.

If I'm going to achieve anything I'll need to go back into town to get shelving out of my council lockup at some point but I can do that after I've eaten!

35 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

....I also struggle to see how people are buying more of these SUV\Cross-over\ whatever thingies as they don't appear to be space efficient and must use more materials and fuel and stuff during build and in their operation. ...

Obesity is the future, both in vehicles and people.

3 hours ago, dome said:

Glasgow is best explored on foot, via the medium of the city's many excellent bars(and ideally avoiding the dodgy ones)

Yeah, we did last night a walk along the riverside and tried a couple 

Also it seems every second car is sold by Arny shark.

4 hours ago, DVee8 said:

Erskine Bridge:

https://movingimage.nls.uk/film/2254