The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Part 2 of vectra fixerage.

The orinal pipe was wider at the bottom than the top. All I could get was 19mm heater hose. I opened it out with a grinding stone in a drill.

Aa

a20210804_131402.thumb.jpg.7ae84c29ae3641f9677e4a2caa554dfb.jpg

After manging to get it on ( it branches off from from the pipe that feeds the airbox) I took a piccy. Access is shocking and I have a broken thumbnail as a result.

20210804_131406.thumb.jpg.be054e50c1e600ecc4b12fb17e4a48d4.jpg

It would have been impossible without these - my best recent buy. They are for those springy clips - they lock so you dont have to keep the pressure on and the jaws rotate so the square edges of  the clip.

20210804_143906.thumb.jpg.f2fd4f80268b9cea2d5e76e1c4f13149.jpg

The other end was much wider than the original - sealant and a jubilee clip were required. I gave everything a spray of bullshit shine. My 7mm spanner fell into the depths and I had to take fixings out of the bumper and undertray to find it - I then saw how much mess the oil had made.

Despite still looking good for 2007 I realise it is getting tired - it has done 145k now - if my fix hasn't worked I will not be going back again.

Made a start on the Cavalier today.

I have had to remove a lot of pipe work just to get the fan out.

20210804_170426.thumb.jpg.86726d776ca8207dc06652c546a174bd.jpg

The radiator is ready to come out now, I just need to remove the battery for clearance. 

There's a big hole at the bottom of it so I am glad I am replacing it.

20210804_174134.thumb.jpg.a7a0a974d46ef0830ba0f63aa8f7b814.jpg

It's 20 to 6 now, I am still on holiday so I shall louse and get a beer or 3. 

Off to the exhaust place tomorrow to speak to the chap about the Audi.

Agreed to spend a lot of money this afternoon after a test drive. Nice trip out to newlands corner in the sun. Car drove well enough- no classic Mercedes or Citroen but ok and with decent tyre walls too. This space will soon be filled - not going outside the current marque collection though. I did feel old when the salesman asked how long I’d had the 2cv and when I said 26 years, he said he was 22!

DD2FA4C2-2215-408A-B29E-B677A5394006.jpeg

36 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Agreed to spend a lot of money this afternoon after a test drive. Nice trip out to newlands corner in the sun. Car drove well enough- no classic Mercedes or Citroen but ok and with decent tyre walls too. This space will soon be filled - not going outside the current marque collection though. I did feel old when the salesman asked how long I’d had the 2cv and when I said 26 years, he said he was 22!

Pics or it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Was going to stop in the car park at newlands but didn’t actually get in to it. I doubled the mileage on the brand new test car from 6 to 12? Interesting colour, but it grew on me- paprika. I have bought another blue car - all my cars are blue.

Just now, richardmorris said:

Was going to stop in the car park at newlands but didn’t actually get in to it. I doubled the mileage on the brand new test car from 6 to 12? Interesting colour, but it grew on me- paprika. I have bought another blue car - all my cars are blue.

What is it?