The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Missus said earlier she wanted to buy a pressure washer... I said don't worry I got one.. not used it in 9 years as I don't live near enough for washing the car... machine is nicely in the shed, but the lance and hose are buried down the side with 5 million spiders and there eggs... if u hate spiders ud freaked... 

Bet misses complains its too powerful..

20210702_211414.jpg

20210702_211429.jpg

11 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Missus said earlier she wanted to buy a pressure washer... I said don't worry I got one.. not used it in 9 years as I don't live near enough for washing the car... machine is nicely in the shed, but the lance and hose are buried down the side with 5 million spiders and there eggs... if u hate spiders ud freaked... 

20210702_211414.jpg

20210702_211429.jpg

If they don't like it I'm sure I could offer it a good home...Proper bit of kit those...

22 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Nope - completely inside (calm yourself, @High Jetter😄)

Very definitely a one-seater, though.

There's a way you can get a double bass in any car, head in passenger foot well, seat wound back, seat belted in thus.

Apart from a Porsche 924 though!

The Mondeo, and the Passat for that matter, swallows it all with room for more and three adult passengers.

14 hours ago, stuboy said:

20210702_211414.jpg

20210702_211429.jpg

Jesus woman never happen... why have u brought it to my house, well u asked for a pressure washer, but not straightaway, so if u leave it 6 months/10 years or do it immediately u get it wrong, well its locked in her shed now.

26 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

No, you should have got a van and then you could have had the pianist playing while you drove along!:D

I have done this when my brother and I moved his wife's piano from her mother's house to theirs in the back of a Transit minibus with some of the seats taken out. He asked if I could play "Over the hills and far away" the further, the better.

2 hours ago, omegod said:

I had the pleasure of an early morning visit from @worldofceri today dropping off something I have been chasing for many years and finally it's MINE, ALL MINE , excellent service and thanks again!

Reveal won't be for some time yet though :) 

Walsgrave Transport, earlier:

E32D52AB-550C-43D6-B45E-805B69A96BA8.thumb.jpeg.d9b99739f102d13a4cbff20342e5ee0b.jpeg

Despite my reservations about the seller offering us £250 off the initial asking price, I made a purchase.

32836FCA-5F68-4486-AA0B-8FEB82386492.thumb.jpeg.d696eeb785078ae4db2eeed93e579471.jpeg

Wife & Stepdaughter now have wheels. Originally up for £1350 reduced it twice and we got him down to £750. Not much provenance but it goes straight & true, no bangs, squeaks or rattles, no horrid noises from the engine and it doesn’t smoke much. Came with half a tank of diesel as well. Bit of a stale fag-ash smell inside so we’re getting valeted.

A collection caper is also planned for tomorrow.

A roffle may be happening this week, especially if I win a red ovlov convertible this evening.

Johnny Smith aka half of Smith and Sniff aka Carpervert aka late brake show aka that bloke off 5th gear is planning a car meet on August 7th in Kent - venue not yet known. You can register interest here:

https://thelatebrakeshow.com/tour

Might make the effort depending on the where's and what's.

Well the Innocenti now has a shiny new exhaust.

DSC_1702.thumb.JPG.05922f967872ddc1a8f8c9ef2470bd01.JPG

It took some finagling and some more angry grinder action (stainless steel is hard shiz, I'd still be out there now if I'd tried to hacksaw it) but it's all together and refitted now.  I took advantage of being under there to clean up some slightly rusty looking brake pipes.  Other than the bit of grot I already knew about, it's still remarkably solid under there. 

No progress made on getting the brakes to where they should be.  I need to run it up to my mate's at some point as he's a bit of a brake bleeding expert and will probably be able to figure out what's going wrong.  I did find out that the slightly binding nearside rear brake is due to the handbrake mechanism sticking - I don't think it's the cable as that seems fairly free, I think it's the mechanism inside the drum.  Unfortunately I was unable to verify this as the pin which holds the cable end onto the lever on the back of the drum is rusted solid, and I couldn't get the drum off to look from inside, at least not without a level of hammering which I was unwilling to inflict on the neighbours.  Besides, it kept bloody raining.

The new exhaust mounts have arrived for the Renault 6, but I haven't been able to get the remains of the old ones off - one of them the lower "bolt" is just spinning and there isn't enough of a head to grab hold of properly, and the other one the top retaining nut is little more than a blob of rust having been sat on the rather damp floorpan for Lord knows how many years.  It's far too tight to get the grinder on it, so I ordered a 240v dremel off eBay (I have a rechargeable one but it's shite, it grinds to a halt as soon as you put any load on it), and remarkably despite the delivery being entrusted to Hermes it arrived intact and two days early.  So that's tomorrow's job, weather permitting.

Current project has sat for 4 yrs and it seemed the fuel pump had seized, I popped the top off the tank and christ alive, the fuel is bright green, stinks and has dissolved all of the rubber piping within the tank to a sticky sludge, even the strainer on the pump has liquefied 

Research shows there is a bacteria that can flourish in petrol under the right conditions , never heard of it nor seen such thing before, I'm so looking forward to siphoning it out and replacing it all :( .  Fortunately the pump being seized has stopped this shite getting sucked up to the fuel rail. 

Not sure how to dispose of the 20-30 litres of contaminated fuel as the local tip won't take it, any ideas  ??????