The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

1 minute ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Wouldn't you rather drive the original and best Nissan version?

There's now wrong with the new Navara but I always liked these X-Classes because the premise of them trying to roll out a re-badged Nissan as a premium pickup truck is so ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, cort16 said:

There's now wrong with the new Navara but I always liked these X-Classes because the premise of them trying to roll out a re-badged Nissan as a premium pickup truck is so ridiculous.

100% with you on this. And I love that it's been such a failure they've pulled the plug already. Delicious. But also lovely to know how many Mercedes A-class and Vito owners are driving around with the Renault engined Mercs. Oh the shame.

3 minutes ago, DanGleables said:

100% with you on this. And I love that it's been such a failure they've pulled the plug already. Delicious. But also lovely to know how many Mercedes A-class and Vito owners are driving around with the Renault engined Mercs. Oh the shame.

I guess they thought they'd got away with it with the vans so tried it on with the pickups. The issue is the pickups aren't driven by plumbers and builders they're bought by company bosses looking for tax dodges.

More Audi 80 news.

It finally sits on brand new suspension. Drives amazing.

And i fixed one of the faults that has plagued that car ever since it was my dad's daily driver. 

Wash-wipe and intermittent wiper speed didn't work at all.

So i ordered a new relay for cheap (9 euro) just to test. 

Pulled the one relay out.

It sounded like a maraca. Of course it wouldn't work.

Installed the new one. Intermittent works beautiful. Wash wipe only works the "wipe" part. Might need a new washer pump 

3 minutes ago, OM646 said:

They did, due to low sales.

I'd love a Dacia-spec one just for shits and giggles 

Aussie version of Jeremy Clarkson (albeit scientifically literate) John Cadogan did a some videos comparing the Mercedes-Benz X Class (and a whole load of other of their cars) to Mercedes' own slogan 'The Best or Nothing'.

Its hilarious. 

38 minutes ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Aussie version of Jeremy Clarkson (albeit scientifically literate) John Cadogan did a some videos comparing the Mercedes-Benz X Class (and a whole load of other of their cars) to Mercedes' own slogan 'The Best or Nothing'.

Its hilarious. 

He's brilliant. Been following him for years.

17 hours ago, cort16 said:

I was posting the keys of my BMW through the garage letter box last night as I'm trying to get the aircon on my BMW fixed and noticed an Allegro inside the garage.

I decided to go down to check on my BMW/sniff out this allegro at lunch time it was an absolutely mint burgundy  20,000 miles series one deluxe that was in for some work.

I sold my old Allegro to the guy who owned the garage so between the two of us there was a lot of Vic Reeves style Allegro trouser rubbing. So much infact I forgot to take a picture of it.

It also turn out the AC condenser on the BMW is goosed.

I got a picture. Look at the size of it next to a 3 door Fiesta.

IMG_0429.jpg.aba90fbbf2d0b4c2b4970270146fad6f.jpg

All the Scotrail trains in Scotland are apparently on strike on Sunday yet no mention of this on their App. At least not where the user can clearly see it. Thanks Scotrail. Thotrail. 

Anyway it now means that the first leg of my collection will be by SERVICE BUS which will take almost as long as the next leg which will be about 3 times the mileage by cross border LNER train.

Hopefully the bus will have enough Covid capacity to allow me on.

55 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

The BX found a friend in the forecourt. Very enthusiastic and appreciative owner!

PXL_20210611_150236980_MP.thumb.jpg.ae1cebb88f93823ae11e0b2f38acda2c.jpg

A few days ago I was at Tesco putting diesel in the 75, and a facelift 75 tourer in doom blue pulled up to the pump behind me.  We exchanged appreciative nods and "Nice car"s.  His didn't have sat nav though so my willy was bigger on that particular occasion.

Regular use has been fun in the beetle. The electrics seem a bit flakey (the traction control light has just come on, for instance and goes off just as randomly) I take a chance with the rear screen popping out every time I drop the hood but for £verylittle it’s an agreeable companion.

404DA701-6287-44BC-A665-8D2A8930431B.thumb.jpeg.0018301d088bfa58b12d66f525586002.jpeg

2809D544-3259-4E8F-BF9F-CB78A4A99CAD.thumb.jpeg.4d65d66c9dd5fc3be5bb515115769eaf.jpeg

2 hours ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Six O-Ring fails later, I finally figured how to get the damn O-Ring to seat, stay in position and not get sliced when placing the ICV back into it's hole.

Car idles properly now for the first time in months.

Ah, we've all been there!  To say that learning how to assemble the brakes on the Invacar was an "iterative process" would be something of an understatement.  There are at least two retaining clips still hidden somewhere in my garage where the landed after pinging off my forehead.

Just make sure that you don't forget before you need to do it next time...Worth writing it down both for you and for other folks to refer to in the future.