The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

9 hours ago, Lankytim said:

I’m going to look at this on Saturday, it’s going to be a spares source for my Volvo 145 provided-

It can be extricated reasonably easily.

It doesn’t fall to bits when moved.

Theres anything useable left on it.

There’s a very good chance it may fall down on all three of these deal-breaker issues.

I might just salvage what I can and leave the rest for the bin man tbh. 

F7A95EF6-618C-4BF9-AB6B-AEA1429D0CE1.jpeg

D582155D-7921-4876-9EA2-B5D71D7DFDFD.jpeg

3C6A7731-C52D-430C-8D7F-1A32F7FEEB9C.jpeg

I know someone who's been after the rocker switches from the dash for the foglights, hazards, window demister etc for ages if they're any good.

35 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Some nice people left this outside my window this afternoon. Such a great design, Gordon Murray is useing it again for his new electric car.

D0891EF3-A9FE-48CA-8024-D22D63E14296.jpeg

This one has 41,000 miles , 10,000 since 2006. Last failed its mot because of a sticker on the windscreen! 

I get to bring this back today.

20210610_102602.thumb.jpg.b104c37cb0529d531f16c29937513dee.jpg

Ram CLASSIC BASE.

It has an options list that's very short.

Vinyl seats, steel wheels, unpainted plastic bumpers, rubber mats, switch blanks, the lot. It's even last year's model (hence Classic).

It does have a bed protector and side steps. I think those are the only options.

Phil

3 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Ram CLASSIC BASE.

Vinyl seats, steel wheels, unpainted plastic bumpers, rubber mats, switch blanks, the lot. It's even last year's model (hence Classic).

It does have a bed protector and side steps. I think those are the only options.

Phil

Do you need a truck licence to drive it?!

51 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Ram CLASSIC BASE.

Phil

It's got a crew cab too. Surely that's an option.

Otherwise brilliant! A proper working truck.

22 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

It's got a crew cab too. Surely that's an option.

Otherwise brilliant! A proper working truck.

Crew cab is standard on the run-out models- evidently they have more of the bodies to shift.

You would need air brakes endorsement for that contraption, plus I think it's a little over max gvw for a class E license. You can definitely drive a coach based RV on a car license though.

You can kinda see why though, that brown truck drives just like a car. It's comfy, quiet and has a decent enough haul/tow set of statistics (Just over a half ton haul, 5.2 ton tow, about the same as a Sprinter), which is the entry level weight, the 3500 HD can haul 3.8 ton and tow 18.5 ton.

Phil

I was posting the keys of my BMW through the garage letter box last night as I'm trying to get the aircon on my BMW fixed and noticed an Allegro inside the garage.

I decided to go down to check on my BMW/sniff out this allegro at lunch time it was an absolutely mint burgundy  20,000 miles series one deluxe that was in for some work.

I sold my old Allegro to the guy who owned the garage so between the two of us there was a lot of Vic Reeves style Allegro trouser rubbing. So much infact I forgot to take a picture of it.

It also turn out the AC condenser on the BMW is goosed.

6 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Liked for the image of trouser rubbing towards an Allegro!

There was lot of Allegro love. It's probably the nicest one I've seen. The series three I had and sold to the guy with the garage was nice and has a similar low mileage but a lot of the cool touches in the S1 had been removed by the time the S3 came out.

1 minute ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Wouldn't you rather drive the original and best Nissan version?

There's now wrong with the new Navara but I always liked these X-Classes because the premise of them trying to roll out a re-badged Nissan as a premium pickup truck is so ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, cort16 said:

There's now wrong with the new Navara but I always liked these X-Classes because the premise of them trying to roll out a re-badged Nissan as a premium pickup truck is so ridiculous.

100% with you on this. And I love that it's been such a failure they've pulled the plug already. Delicious. But also lovely to know how many Mercedes A-class and Vito owners are driving around with the Renault engined Mercs. Oh the shame.

3 minutes ago, DanGleables said:

100% with you on this. And I love that it's been such a failure they've pulled the plug already. Delicious. But also lovely to know how many Mercedes A-class and Vito owners are driving around with the Renault engined Mercs. Oh the shame.

I guess they thought they'd got away with it with the vans so tried it on with the pickups. The issue is the pickups aren't driven by plumbers and builders they're bought by company bosses looking for tax dodges.