The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

2 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

I think I get 3 months out of wipers on the Acclaim if I'm lucky. They start squeaking after a couple of weeks, suspect the screen might be pitted enough to be mildly abrasive...

Hmm... I have a feeling I've got lucky in which case.

39 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Now then... how do I unblock it?

Flushing it through with cleaner unblocked it, however, the problem persists. It runs lumpy when screwed home and runs fine when backed out by a hair. Either the rubber washer on it has crushed so it's getting tightened too much, or there's something deeper that's at fault.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, Steve79 said:

Just to show that using an American full-size as a daily is possible and will fit in Aldi's car park*

*providing you have a clear space either side 🤣

20210321_124635.jpg

Or you can park right up against the curb and climb out the passenger side like I did here. Bench seat necessary. 

IMG_0307(1).thumb.JPG.5f44d0ead9b4e3b43110d815267179c4.JPG

To be sure of what was leaking, I soaked some up with some kitchen roll. It's gear oil alright, looks like it's coming from the gear selector on top. Unsure how it can be stopped or if it was overfilled when it has a gear oil refresh.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, wuvvum said:

Just spunked out another 32 quid on the Innocenti - I'd found a seller on eBay.it who had an engine mount in stock, emailed them to ask if they'd post to the UK and they came back saying "we don't post internationally via eBay".  That suggested to me that they would post internationally via other means, so I found their "main" online shop and sure enough they offered overseas shipping.  So I ordered one.  The old crate might yet see the road again this year.  Although once it's MOT'd I'll need to do the clutch, which is going to be a pain as I have no idea what clutch it uses and I won't be able to find out for sure until it's in bits, which could be a chore if it needs some obscure part which I have to order from Japan or something.

I'll probably end up spending more in bits than what the car's worth, but I can console myself with the fact that I actually have absolutely no idea what the car is worth, so I can pretend to myself that because it's sort of a Mini it's worth roughly the same as my house.

Had an email this afternoon telling me that my payment for the engine mount has been refunded.  No explanation as to why, but I went on the website and the mount is now showing as being out of stock.  FFS - that was the last place that (supposedly) had any in.

I've now contacted the manufacturer direct to see if they have any available, but I'm not holding my breath...