The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

33 minutes ago, meshking said:

You did indeed - I saw you returning home !

Me or you returning Home? I don’t recall anyone waving ;-). Remind me of your transport and I may remember. Only cyclist I passed was a woman on a laden Brompton, and only thing out of the ordinary is the two coppers on the gate on the way into the estate.

on a happy note , I am in the dog house again .

got my first covid jab and my 2nd was booked some 11 weeks ago ....

today , her indoors splashes lots of sacks of dosh on a new static tin box and is ready to pick up the keys ...

except my 2nd covid jab is booked when the deal can be done ....

if I go for the jab ..I die

if I dont go for the jab ..... I die

its my fault

26 minutes ago, MikeR said:

today , her indoors splashes lots of sacks of dosh on a new static tin box and is ready to pick up the keys ...

its my fault

Game theory would call for doing the deal but in real life going for the jab is more important in the long run, avoids messing the medical staff around and the appointments system and in this climate 'I have my covid jab booked on that day' is the gold standard in excusing yourself.

Get yourself stabbed and put off or get someone else to do the deal, perhaps. 

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Me or you returning Home? I don’t recall anyone waving ;-). Remind me of your transport and I may remember. Only cyclist I passed was a woman on a laden Brompton, and only thing out of the ordinary is the two coppers on the gate on the way into the estate.

I was driving through Windlesham you were coming the other way, so presume you were on the way home (I was also). I didn't wave - didn't get a chance and would have just looked like a loon since I was driving my family bus rather than anything interesting. 

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

its my fault

First in diary takes precedence. Anyway, you don't need her to hold your hand, shirley?

Just now, PhilA said:

141020403_1843908529111910_8736840419393099994_n.thumb.jpg.e94e045a5b27cda6ce10c1500972c76d.jpg

I have!

knowing the standard to which you do things and how well you do things and how methodical you are etc etc etc you get the idea! :) 

I am very much looking forward to the thread on this!

hell you could buy one of those Cheap and nasty small engine kits for strapping a cheap and nasty combustion engine to some poor unsuspecting bicycle and I know your thread on it would be very much worth looking forward to still!

Got the Cav back.

Guy showed me some more pictures of the job and some extra fabrication which was required, all looks good. Price 

We chatted for a bit and it turns out he is a bit of a fan of these cars as his dad had a fair few of them. So I may be back, but not for welding.

The battery is on its last legs so he took it off to charge it for a bit. The immobiliser seems to have disarmed itself and the led is pulsing really fast. You don't seem to need the chip  in the dash to start it any longer. Weird.

Onwards this afternoon with a new distributor  and rotor arm. Its still not 100% happy and you can feel it want to misfire if you go up a hill.

Sold a car 3 weeks ago, had the confirmation slip through that in no longer the keeper but the DVLA have kindly taken a direct debit for road tax for it. Does it refund automatically or will I have to crush my soul on the phone to them? 

14 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

The immobiliser seems to have disarmed itself and the led is pulsing really fast. You don't seem to need the chip  in the dash to start it any longer. Weird.

Is the immobiliser an aftermarket unit? I invariably rip out any aftermarket alarm or immobiliser where I can as they invariably cause problems and are shit. Almost always badly installed back in the day - whether professional in a dealer/dockside/shop or DIY.

16 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

Sold a car 3 weeks ago, had the confirmation slip through that in no longer the keeper but the DVLA have kindly taken a direct debit for road tax for it. Does it refund automatically or will I have to crush my soul on the phone to them? 

It should refund automatically. 

Apparently they can get a bit angry if you cancel Direct Debits. 

28 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

Automatic refund I believe.

Goes quite fast that car if it's the same one.