The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Gutted. Finished a full rust assessment on the Jag and it's terminal. So it's off to the scrappers with it. Seems a shame to scrap a good running V8 Jag with six months MOT but there you go. Scratched an itch, and will definitely have another one. Anyone want to save it or buy it for spares?

IMG_20201001_121517.jpg

3 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Thanks Brian, appreciate  the offer. I've no way of organising a trailer though.  I've had Shipley quotes of around £60 to get it from Bo'ness to Bonnybridge. Obviously  I don't want it back at mine but thats around 15 miles to give anyone else a frame of reference.

I'm sure someone who has the welding skills will be able to sort it. The emissions issue I am certain is an easy fix.

Shame. I was thinking get it back to yours and regroup to find a non shyster garage. The offers there if you change your mind but I reckon you need to get it away from this garage ASAP. Get it home, have a tinker with it and maybe you'll get some mojo for it?

17 hours ago, Ghosty said:

That's a Speedtail, their fastest ever car. 1030bhp, £1.75m. 

You wait all year for your multi-million pound supercar and find out they’re as common as muck! Coming along in threes like buses!

FD92CEAB-055A-419B-84E1-B5618E4D7694.jpeg

0EC08A3B-4557-45FD-BFA0-A1C226F1DB72.jpeg

D2F7B90E-CEDE-433C-A557-36B9E168E496.jpeg

2 hours ago, sims00 said:

Picked this up from @Vantman today. I'm still not back but what a car and bloke. Chuffed. 

IMG_20210325_135306.jpg

Great cars. My Aero HOT had loads of upgrades which took it to 304bhp. Ultra reliable, 34mpg possible on a run. Smoked all the local BMW hero's.

The Noobtune remap just has to be the best tuning mod for any petrol Saab, plus you get nice readouts on the SIP.

Just exploring the new rules: took a drive out to Deganwy for a walk with the boy. 

Well, I came so he could spot boats and trains, heck I'd not even found the beach and drove past and along with two Volvo 7/940 estates.

That's me done for spotting interesting stuff for the day. 

24 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Depends on the state. Some have been doing stuff like this for a few months now, others are just starting.

I heard on a podcast all the internal flights are running again with no breaks between the passenger. All passengers are sitting right next to each other. 

Just looking on the Islington website. Pay and display charges vary from £2 to £6 per hour, depending on how busy the area is, and then an extra £5 an hour for a diesel vehicle. So you could be paying £11/hour for parking! 

26 minutes ago, N19 said:

Just looking on the Islington website. Pay and display charges vary from £2 to £6 per hour, depending on how busy the area is, and then an extra £5 an hour for a diesel vehicle. So you could be paying £11/hour for parking! 

Westminster and Camden have been charging diesel-friendly* rates for years

So the Pontiac just needs the track rod end doing before it’s retest. I was going to farm it out as I didn’t have a ball joint splitter, but my BiL says he left one in my garage. So decision made I’ll do that in the morning....  in other news I had a phone call to say they were erecting scaffolding at my house for a some windows going in next week and was that ok. As long as it doesn’t cause any access issues says I.

C431F185-E818-4593-ADDC-75769A7D66B3.jpeg

Right so that’s me not able to get at my tools... so the track rod end job is off... and it’s now too late to give my local garage a quick call to see if they can squeeze me in tomorrow for the track rod end... so I can retest Monday.... ffs....

Also means the 2CVs are in quarantine just in time for the Welsh restrictions to be lifted tomorrow... 

And to top it all off.... it now means we can’t access the garage, and one of the windows they need access too on Monday... oh yeah the back window on the garage...

Should’ve put this in the grumpy thread really... 

On 24/03/2021 at 19:28, wuvvum said:

I need to get myself one of those scissor-type ball joint splitters.  I tried getting the front wishbone off the Mondeo last year using a wedge-type splitter and didn't get anywhere at all - I had to go to the garage with my tail between my legs and ask them to do it.  To be fair they were doing the rear trailing arm bush anyway as I knew I'd never be able to do that so it didn't make a huge amount of difference.

I’ve never got mine to work on the track arm / strut balljoints, it just isn’t big enough to fit around these joints.

Works beautifully on track rod ends.

9 hours ago, cort16 said:

I just saw this on instergram. So is COVID 19 over in American now?

image.thumb.png.82c8c07a79b83ccc70a29d677083d1c6.png

Not to say it's the right thing to be doing right now, but the US is doing pretty well in its vaccination program. Iirc around 40% adults have been vaccinated over there - similar level to us and we are starting to ease restrictions again.