The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I was due to do a collection mission on Saturday... with the restrictions I’ve wussed out... so instead it’s being delivered tomorrow!

Literally my most bonkers purchase yet... and that comes from a man who bought a Yugo...

Zoom army know... but shhhhhhh.... 

Just now, brownnova said:

Invacars weren’t even mentioned in the last zoom meet... well not before 10pm when I logged off anyway! 

Our light bulb chat, at least while I was there, was mostly about Diesel-Electric submarine conning tower night- time illumination. 

And @brownnova's new car.  It's a........

well, it's a car anyway. That's all we're allowed to say.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, outlaw118 said:

I've been offered a non runner ghia x estate identical to yours but with black leather, apparently it "just stopped" and won't restart, I was considering it as a a breaker as I don't do diesel so likely can't get it running 

8 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Our light bulb chat, at least while I was there, was mostly about Diesel-Electric submarine conning tower night- time illumination. 

And @brownnova's new car.  It's a........

well, it's a car anyway. That's all we're allowed to say.

I think a car is stretching the definition a tad.

That's me booked in for the Covid vaccination.  Turns out I'm eligible due to a pre-existing health condition, they've just not specified which one.  I'm not sure which conspiracy theory outcome to expect, but I'm hoping I get the one that turns you into a crocodile, that sounds fun.  Failing that, a superpower of some sort would be handy.

23 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

That's me booked in for the Covid vaccination.  Turns out I'm eligible due to a pre-existing health condition, they've just not specified which one.  I'm not sure which conspiracy theory outcome to expect, but I'm hoping I get the one that turns you into a crocodile, that sounds fun.  Failing that, a superpower of some sort would be handy.

fetchimage.jpeg.jpg

13 hours ago, tommotech said:

MOT day for the Alfa 147 and the Dispatch van today. The van will most likely go up for sale with full ticket, fleet reduction needed as I have a new van project.

Updates later. 

So the Alfa threw up an ABS / ESP fault during the test and needs a small patch on the RH rear sill, whilst I’d checked for corrosion I didn’t push / force as hard as the tester. Either way it needs welding. In terms of the brakes the stop lights don’t illuminate every time when the pedal is pressed and there is an error code for brake light circuit - new switch on order. 

In a common theme the van also failed on welding, also RH rear sill, something that needs doing and worse than I’d imagined when the plasticised skin was ground back. I’d already welded a small patch on the RH front inner chassis rigger so a little more welding isn’t a biggy. 

7BB576B0-E494-42BE-8E6F-F9E1F4B2B724.thumb.jpeg.c878777afc72388e1a3744896997f2e2.jpeg

On a positive note I get my COVID vaccine on Sunday, although I hate injections so maybe not all positive...............

17 minutes ago, tommotech said:

So the Alfa threw up an ABS / ESP fault during the test and needs a small patch on the RH rear sill, whilst I’d checked for corrosion I didn’t push / force as hard as the tester. Either way it needs welding. In terms of the brakes the stop lights don’t illuminate every time when the pedal is pressed and there is an error code for brake light circuit - new switch on order. 

In a common theme the van also failed on welding, also RH rear sill, something that needs doing and worse than I’d imagined when the plasticised skin was ground back. I’d already welded a small patch on the RH front inner chassis rigger so a little more welding isn’t a biggy. 

7BB576B0-E494-42BE-8E6F-F9E1F4B2B724.thumb.jpeg.c878777afc72388e1a3744896997f2e2.jpeg

On a positive note I get my COVID vaccine on Sunday, although I hate injections so maybe not all positive...............

It takes but a second or two and is hardly noticeable, I had mine mid January and as yet no extra limbs have grown so I'm sure you will be fine

2 hours ago, vulgalour said:

My mate had the same. He rang up to find out what condition he had that meant he was bumped up the list but the girl on the phone said they couldn't tell him due to some sort of data protection issue about telling people about their own illnesses. 

I've obviously told eveyone he's got AIDS. 

4 hours ago, vulgalour said:

I had the same thing - I have no idea what the "underlying health condition" is either

Initially I thought the text might have been dodgy, but then this morning I got one from my GP as well so obviously the NHS knows something about my health that I don't...

4 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I had the same thing - I have no idea what the "underlying health condition" is either

Initially I thought the text might have been dodgy, but then this morning I got one from my GP as well so obviously the NHS knows something about my health that I don't...

I went to the doctor’s for something once and they started asking me questions about how I was coping with my COPD... I was like... eh? I then had to take several tests to prove to the doctors I didn’t have COPD! 

Although if I’d left it I might have had my vaccine by now 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, wuvvum said:

"Mr Wuvvum, sorry, due to funding cuts and incompetent management we forgot to tell you that you've got a syncopated hemiola.

You have three over two days to live. 

Your vaccine is next week. See you then. "