The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

33 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

image.png

😁

It is deeply disappointing but should come as no surprise to me that this is all you have to say and that the preceding pages laced with criticism of the moderation on Autoshite are once again dismissed with silence. It is not a tantrum by children. It is reasoned criticism by adult members who are supposedly respected members here. Many have been members here for a long time and from long before you appointed yourselves to control us. Or that is,  what's left of them, the ones you haven't yet driven away. Yet we are it seems worthy of nothing. No response. No respect. Just high-handed dismissal from 'teacher'. The silence is stark. 

It's the arrogance which triggers me. It's breathtaking. I am  lucky enough that in daily life I have not been bullied and have always been treated with respect by those around me. That is what makes the behaviour of the moderating team all the more stark. Maybe if I had endured bad managers I would be more inured to it but being treated as a feeble-minded, grubby little child unworthy of consideration or explanation when the law is laid down by my self-styled 'betters' is very difficult for me to accept with the 'simple shrug, head downcast and move on' I am expected - nay required - to manage in order to remain a 'valued' member here. Finally I grasp that I am done contributing to Autoshite. Fondness of what is was has left me blinkered to the reality that it will never recover its vitality, its colourfulness or its eccentric uniqueness. Most of its characters have gone or mostly lurk. Doesn't that tell you something or are you too sure of your own virtue to notice or care? Is your crusade so important it is worth killing the forum for? Maybe you think it is. Because that is what you are doing. 

The period since the moderation team appointed themselves has been disastrous for Autoshite. The forum staggers from one moderator-driven fiasco to the next.  I had drifted back here in the hope that something has been learned and that the situation may have improved. But nothing has. The forum I loved is dead and you Chaseracer and your clique have killed it for me. It is an achievement indeed to bring such an emotional response from one so phlegmatic as me, but by God you have managed it.

My wife refused to travel in the Micra today as 'it looks scruffy'. Following further *debate she relented and got in, still quite huffy. She hasn't agreed to travel in it again but I think she realises that it drives quite nicely for a 24 year old car. I did point this out on several occasions.... We will never agree on this, as she has no interest in cars, but I am hopeful that she can be persuaded to join me again. However, I had to promise not to use it when we meet any of her friends 😀

I thought I'd better clean Alison before her MOT and stuff. It was bloody cold! Still, better than the minus silly temperatures up until yesterday! 

I always clean the wheel arches, etc as well as the top side. 

Engine Bay is cleaned bi-monthly. 

Alison has got nearly 250k on the clock. I've put nearly 120,000 on myself! 117 of which was on the clutch she came with! 

😎😎😎

_20210214_172347.JPG

_20210214_172309.JPG

DSC_6375.JPG

DSC_6376.JPG

1 hour ago, Magnificent Rustbucket said:

TLDR COS LIFES TOO FKIN SHORT

did you not realise what cavcraft was talking about?

you dont work on your cars do you?

chubbyracer wasnt commenting on cavcraft he commented on what he was saying about something someone else posted

ffs engage brain - or buy a chuckle muscle from somewhere

12 minutes ago, hairnet said:

chubbyracer wasnt commenting on cavcraft he commented on what he was saying about something someone else posted

A Chuckle Muscle, you say..

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Or try reading the preceding pages chap? That way you won't embarass yours....oh..

Maybe then it'll make sense....not that anything does these days, silence is golden.

I very rarely post on here and having not been here that long I don't have the background to some of the history being laundered.

What I can say is this forum has been running for a long time and in that time laws have been introduced around what can be said with penalties for non compliance.

The idea some have of returning to halcyon days of no or light handed moderation is simply not possible today

If anyone doesent agree with laws governing online content then agitate for change, but not on a car forum

Went up to storage today and finally put my other two cars on charge.

MGB is always awkward due to the battery location. Also not helped by both cars being storage sheds for the Dolomite.
5df5c21e0ed5e86f7cba2be5e34192f4.jpg

I really don't want to break this.
2711ff96e8ca8d94012d88962b5e9c80.jpg

In this I noticed the last garage who was in here (and changed the fuel pump) had put an additional earth wire in for the pump. I guess it was useful thing to do, but it is a bit bodgy to my liking. I've removed it for now as I'll do it a bit better.

Fitted on the battery charge cable
419be644f9cbc538e6300a8eab00cfbc.jpg

Then put it down underneath. This one has a handy flashing light to tell you the state of charge.
ec819843ae43be962c28b7225e5c876f.jpg

Hooked up the extension cable.
ad2e7086948ee15cba8f3fc1c863f316.jpg

And plugged it all in
246eaffc0e7c826e49f679a221632199.jpg

1100 was easier and this I just used the croc clips. If it was a permanent keeper I would have probably hooked it in the same. The car is supposed to be sold by now as it funded the BMW E28 purchase, but unfortunately the original buyer (a mate) had to pull out. Not too fussed as I might have a bit of fun in the spring before putting it back up on the market anyway. Can't imagine it should be too hard to shift either.
249a88b069ef7266bb0f869f6ecdfb1f.jpg
f25bdcf9a1a38c98ad4df747df74fad4.jpg

Finally I bought a second hand 123 ignition. Now the silly thing is that I have a brand new one I bought from Rimmers at Xmas. However this one was too cheap to not buy! The one I got from Rimmers is a configurable curve unit which will be great when I finally get the MGB engine rebuilt but the other one is plug and play.
e4d397af9ef8e78498609df22032c3c9.jpg

"Thanks again for another purchase"
Yeah thanks for reminding me again that I spend far too much on your platform.

7 minutes ago, Flashband said:

I very rarely post on here and having not been here that long I don't have the background to some of the history being laundered.

What I can say is this forum has been running for a long time and in that time laws have been introduced around what can be said with penalties for non compliance.

The idea some have of returning to halcyon days of no or light handed moderation is simply not possible today

If anyone doesent agree with laws governing online content then agitate for change, but not on a car forum

All completely true.

Also irrelevant to the issues concerning transparency, the courtesy of replying, random deletion of threads with no pm even, evenhandedness et al.

I don't poke my head above the parapet very often; however it does seem very unfortunate that any questions regarding moderation of the forum are either, at best, ignored, or as in the case of any thread started to create discussion, deleted.

I'm not even sure who the current moderators are, but do notice the disappearance and moving of threads/comments.

And no Hairnet, I'm another who doesn't post much about my cars, but, you obviously don't remember MrRustbucket's posts about his Jaguar.