The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I thought I had thrown out all my old Popular Classics magazines but I found a small batch when I was moving some things in the garage  last week. I had every issue from January 1990 until the final issue in July 1996. Someone who was once on here and shall remain nameless, failed to turn up and collect them for free after I had spent several evenings sorting them all out into years so the whole lot went in the bin. Sadly there weren't any of the early white cover issues left, just some glossier ones from 1992. At the time I loved classic cars,  mainly due to my inherited Dinky and Corgi collection from the 1950s and 1960s. And I loved that magazine. I've moved on a bit since then and so has the car scene so it's all good but I'm glad a few have been saved including the final edition. 

On 07/02/2021 at 17:28, Craig the Princess said:

Driving back from work on Friday, at dropping my phone and smashing the screen to bits, they Multipla was reluctant to go into 5th.

Then extremely reluctant to leave 5th. Drove home like Michael Schumacher did that time he won a race stuck in 5th and left it until today.

IMG_20210207_120757940.thumb.jpg.2f7c5ae896963f51a3246f152fa12620.jpg

The black arm at the top is meant to be attached to the grey ball just below it (above the green painted bolt on the left).

The arm was attached by the last scrap of metal and came off in my hand mate.

IMG_20210207_121310088.thumb.jpg.ad86c38a77a33ebedf8c3e511674754b.jpg

Secondhand replacement found on eBay for £33

Replacement part fitted in about 20 minutes earlier. Gear change feels better than ever which suggests the failure has been coming for quite a while.

Wife advised the Mazda has stopped ‘that screeching noise from cold’ also reported battery light came on coming home from shop.

bonnet inspection reveals an aux belt has gone walkies for the second time on this car albeit a year apart.

Wonder if there’s a wobble in a bearing somewhere?

currently in a taxi to liberate old mans spare Mazda 3 so we’re still mobile.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:08 AM, wuvvum said:

The new flasher relay I ordered turned up, but although the terminals are in the right places they're all the wrong way round so it doesn't work.  It seems Iveco decided to use a different pin layout to literally everyone else, and the correct relays are almost impossible to find.  The original relay is working again now after I took it apart and wiggled bits around, so I'm hoping it'll last a bit longer.

Do you have the set of tools for removing connector terminals? Could reconfigure it to something standardised.

Took the plug out of the Lexmoto this afternoon, it was pretty shit looking so wire brushed it up and tried resting it on the engine, getting some power to the battery and seeing what happened. Nothing. Spare plug in my tool box. Nothing.  Then I remembered the side stand was down and tried again, nice spark. Put it back in and it ran, although it clearly needs a new plug, the bike to be ticking over and then a short run to hopefully see it running well.

One of the brakes was sticking, so tapped the calipers gently and it's a bit better now.

33 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

image.png

😁

It is deeply disappointing but should come as no surprise to me that this is all you have to say and that the preceding pages laced with criticism of the moderation on Autoshite are once again dismissed with silence. It is not a tantrum by children. It is reasoned criticism by adult members who are supposedly respected members here. Many have been members here for a long time and from long before you appointed yourselves to control us. Or that is,  what's left of them, the ones you haven't yet driven away. Yet we are it seems worthy of nothing. No response. No respect. Just high-handed dismissal from 'teacher'. The silence is stark. 

It's the arrogance which triggers me. It's breathtaking. I am  lucky enough that in daily life I have not been bullied and have always been treated with respect by those around me. That is what makes the behaviour of the moderating team all the more stark. Maybe if I had endured bad managers I would be more inured to it but being treated as a feeble-minded, grubby little child unworthy of consideration or explanation when the law is laid down by my self-styled 'betters' is very difficult for me to accept with the 'simple shrug, head downcast and move on' I am expected - nay required - to manage in order to remain a 'valued' member here. Finally I grasp that I am done contributing to Autoshite. Fondness of what is was has left me blinkered to the reality that it will never recover its vitality, its colourfulness or its eccentric uniqueness. Most of its characters have gone or mostly lurk. Doesn't that tell you something or are you too sure of your own virtue to notice or care? Is your crusade so important it is worth killing the forum for? Maybe you think it is. Because that is what you are doing. 

The period since the moderation team appointed themselves has been disastrous for Autoshite. The forum staggers from one moderator-driven fiasco to the next.  I had drifted back here in the hope that something has been learned and that the situation may have improved. But nothing has. The forum I loved is dead and you Chaseracer and your clique have killed it for me. It is an achievement indeed to bring such an emotional response from one so phlegmatic as me, but by God you have managed it.

My wife refused to travel in the Micra today as 'it looks scruffy'. Following further *debate she relented and got in, still quite huffy. She hasn't agreed to travel in it again but I think she realises that it drives quite nicely for a 24 year old car. I did point this out on several occasions.... We will never agree on this, as she has no interest in cars, but I am hopeful that she can be persuaded to join me again. However, I had to promise not to use it when we meet any of her friends 😀

I thought I'd better clean Alison before her MOT and stuff. It was bloody cold! Still, better than the minus silly temperatures up until yesterday! 

I always clean the wheel arches, etc as well as the top side. 

Engine Bay is cleaned bi-monthly. 

Alison has got nearly 250k on the clock. I've put nearly 120,000 on myself! 117 of which was on the clutch she came with! 

😎😎😎

_20210214_172347.JPG

_20210214_172309.JPG

DSC_6375.JPG

DSC_6376.JPG

1 hour ago, Magnificent Rustbucket said:

TLDR COS LIFES TOO FKIN SHORT

did you not realise what cavcraft was talking about?

you dont work on your cars do you?

chubbyracer wasnt commenting on cavcraft he commented on what he was saying about something someone else posted

ffs engage brain - or buy a chuckle muscle from somewhere

12 minutes ago, hairnet said:

chubbyracer wasnt commenting on cavcraft he commented on what he was saying about something someone else posted

A Chuckle Muscle, you say..

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Or try reading the preceding pages chap? That way you won't embarass yours....oh..

Maybe then it'll make sense....not that anything does these days, silence is golden.