The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Saw an unusual incident the other day. I stopped at a t-junction in built-up area. To my right was a queue of 5 vehicles stopped at traffic lights. Back vehicle was a transit connect, unwritten, ahead was a police car, then a *Movano, then a minibus Taxi. From my left was approaching a police car with blues & 2s. Odd, I thought, that the police car to my right hadn't been sent on that shout. Blues & 2s then stops beside the Movano, and stationery police car now has blues on. Coppers jump out (including one from the plain connect) and literally pull the driver out of the Movano. Although I wanted to turn right I had to go left as the road was now blocked. Candidate for slowest (or quickest?) TPAC stop ever, and the first one I've seen in real life. Bit of a brown trouser moment for the cab driver, I'd have thought.

*Might have been a Trafic

38 minutes ago, SiC said:

Really? If you know of a sub-500 quid Sirocco I'll be all over it! Even a sub-1k I'd give serious consideration too. 

Edit: maybe because Scirocco is difficult one to spell? Seriously! Took me a few attempts...

If you got one would it be a SiCrocco?

Mind you if they're  unfashionable and cheap,  I'm interested.

I've just been moderated for a post a week or two back, I think it was one where I was rude about 'lest we forgetters' and I made a comment about their attitude to Brexit. Anyway the post has been reported for being political, then judged too offensive and thus banished to Autoshite Mantua.

If theres one thing I absolutely fucking hate it's being treated like a naughty 8 yr old (I'm well into middle age) , so, I'm off. Yes i know I know, 'its not an airport' etc etc but if anyone wants to get in touch about anything in future just ping me on FB, plenty of shiters know me on there e.g. wobbler, Trig, Lanky Tim etc so I'm sure you'll be able to get hold of me. Or, my phone number is in the various ads i've placed in the for sale section over the years so bung us a Whatsapp.

Cheers, Bo11ox

The mighty Jag XJR6 manual passed it’s MOT today after a scare in the morning when it wouldn’t turn over. After some furious tinkering it transpired that a multi-plug to the starter had come adrift. Exhaust leak just about fixed I tip-toed the extremely feisty blower Jag to the MOT station on the icy roads and was promptly handed a fresh pass certificate. I’m rather pleased. It’s a mighty interesting thing to drive. Looking forward to building a rapport with the drivetrain.

BCE89D82-6323-4CA9-ADB3-6A165C826BC8.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I've just been moderated for a post a week or two back, I think it was one where I was rude about 'lest we forgetters' and I made a comment about their attitude to Brexit. Anyway the post has been reported for being political, then judged too offensive and thus banished to Autoshite Mantua.

If theres one thing I absolutely fucking hate it's being treated like a naughty 8 yr old (I'm well into middle age) , so, I'm off. Yes i know I know, 'its not an airport' etc etc but if anyone wants to get in touch about anything in future just ping me on FB, plenty of shiters know me on there e.g. wobbler, Trig, Lanky Tim etc so I'm sure you'll be able to get hold of me. Or, my phone number is in the various ads i've placed in the for sale section over the years so bung us a Whatsapp.

Cheers, Bo11ox

Pissing myself laughing, you were probably reported for offending somebody on behalf of someone else or you needed a trigger warning tag attached to your post!! Welcome to how the rest of the old school members have been treated.

All your posts were politically motivated liberal remaining bile anyway but nobody could call you on it and you've never been moderated before!

Come to the dark side where we can call each other cunts without fear of offending somebody and both sides can answer back.

Seriously I would like to see how building a new life on the road works out and you will love Sheefags "Despite Brexit" updates.

Lots of love.

35 minutes ago, loserone said:

Sadly I think the moderation on here has overstepped a line a few times this year.  

I'm sure someone is pleased with themselves - and I don't mean the mods.

Moderation has overstepped the line a number of times in the past few years imho.

The difference is that previously those, like Bo11ox, who were on the "correct" side of the political spectrum were able to get away with a lot more than some others.  The current crop of moderators seems to be either less overtly political or less inclined to let their political views influence their moderating decisions, which in itself I suppose is a good thing, but has resulted in those who have hitherto managed to avoid the naughty step becoming acquainted with it for the first time.

I really do miss the old days where we all managed to get along just fine with no moderation.  Having said that, there is still far too much that is good on this forum for me to want to up sticks just yet.

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Cheers, Bo11ox

Your not the first and won't be the last. Next you'll be labelled a flouncer as you've said you're leaving. Most of the original posters have now gone thanks to over moderation.

Unfortunately most of the mods don't give a shit about people leaving and the community dynamic dieing. I don't know why they don't care but they view others joining as replacements that keep the forum Alice. It maybe the case but the churn doesn't make a solid community like it once was. They tows their highly unpopular bollocks non-political line, thinking it's the right policy despite no evidence to it. What they forget is this arbitrary line is corrosive to keeping a community together. It's never been a popular line and most in the community didn't even want. Yet they've continuously pushed this view against the popular opinion. 

Also it's a load of horseshit when chaseracer said the hidden forum was done at the communities request. It was something that the mods decided was needed and should be request only. The fact it's hidden and request only makes a secret club which only makes things worse.

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

I agree with that, but thought we had worked through those times.

Nope it just simmers in the background. It comes back to light when a few longtime members finally get fed up and then blows up again. Usually when the over moderators step in and start interfering.

It'll get blamed on the seasons/covid/weather... Yet that isn't the root cause of the strife.

Thats just it there is absolutely nothing wrong with Bollox,s posts at all,  his posts are his opinion and he's entitled to hold them and voice them, he as well as all members should not be moderated for that, if people don't like it they shouldn't read them,  

I remember his posts not understanding all the hate towards over zelouse moderation as he was not affected,  it seems now that this forum has now lost one of the old school better contributors, how many more have to go before people realise what the fuck is going on,   

What was it again we ended up with moderators for ? ah that's right dealing with spambots wasn't it.

Great job folks great job.

11 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

Thats just it there is absolutely nothing wrong with Bollox,s posts at all,  his posts are his opinion and he's entitled to hold them and voice them, he as well as all members should not be moderated for that, if people don't like it they shouldn't read them,  

I remember his posts not understanding all the hate towards over zelouse moderation as he was not affected,  it seems now that this forum has now lost one of the old school better contributors, how many more have to go before people realise what the fuck is going on,   

What was it again we ended up with moderators for ? ah that's right dealing with spambots wasn't it.

Great job folks great job.

None so blind...

The double standards applied were/are clear for all to see. 

I'd second that sentiment - 'another one gone'..although the irony about some of the 'dont' know what you're moaning about' isn't lost on me.

Yep. Spambots. And approving new members? Occasionally 'coughing' and the odd 'tut' as guidance? Nah, what you need is this, and utter shit about 'glitches' et al. Oh, and deleting threads that might have discussions about, well, moderation.

5 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Woke up too find some asshat has hit my car... OK its not that bad but pissed me off, I think it happened at work,  trying to get cctv footage from work to see if it was there.

20210212_093424.jpg

20210212_093428.jpg

20210212_093440.jpg

20210212_093507.jpg

Sympathies chief - someone did a job like that on my old D2 and legged it. Hope you get some comeback.

44 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

Exactly this. They aren't threatening, they aren't offensive, they aren't nasty and they aren't illegal. The only thing they are, are a strong opinion. 

Why should this be moderated?

The only reason we get told political is a forbidden taboo on here is because it causes argument.

Yet you can cause just as much strong argument and disagreement by saying the Rover 75 is a pile of steaming shit. Should this it be verboten too and not allowed to have a strong opinion on here with anything at all?

24 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

I'm reporting that as offensive

I find your pseudo - offensce offensive.

Not me per se, but on behalf of someone/person/them/they/twats* who can't deal with actual opinions and differences, or being offended.

*Self-assembly offense kit. Delete as required. 

Edited by red5
Corrected the offence causing auto-correct offence. Bloody Yanks,,,

2 hours ago, loserone said:

Sadly I think the moderation on here has overstepped a line a few times this year.  

I'm sure someone is pleased with themselves - and I don't mean the mods.

I think it’s unfortunate that the forum lose a lot of its colour these last few years. 

The Rover 75 was of course merely an example to explain a point. I have never driven one so I can't really say if they are.

However what I do believe is that the dash clocks in the Rover 75 are naff awful looking things that should never have left the design room...

spacer.png

Which is probably a more controversial viewpoint on here than anything else.

44 minutes ago, SiC said:

Exactly this. They aren't threatening, they aren't offensive, they aren't nasty and they aren't illegal. The only thing they are, are a strong opinion. 

Why should this be moderated?

The only reason we get told political is a forbidden taboo on here is because it causes argument.

Yet you can cause just as much strong argument and disagreement by saying the Rover 75 is a pile of steaming shit. Should this it be verboten too and not allowed to have a strong opinion on here with anything at all?

I think if people can’t handle Another persons opinion it’s not the opinion holder that should be flung from the Highest tower.