The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

6 minutes ago, artdjones said:

I knew Germany is very rule conscious but this is ridiculous. How have you been nourishing yourself?

Friends brought food for us for the first 10 days, but now we're out of isolation we're free to go shopping. 

35 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

If you hit them together hard enough will it make a c5? 

No. 2+2 is only 4. Do you really want a C4 though?

In other news, I'm just back from helping @cort1977 make an amusing purchase. I'll let him reveal all though.

44 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

No. 2+2 is only 4. Do you really want a C4 though?

In other news, I'm just back from helping @cort1977 make an amusing purchase. I'll let him reveal all though.

No, hence I'd hope it did a French and get it slightly wrong! Maybe chuck a 3rd interior in to make up the numbers? 

Went to Loughborough this morning, the Scirocco was a bit spluttery, but made it home OK to cough & die on the drive. It's an air leak from a bady fitted carburettor, my man with the spanners mackled it up for me about six months ago & I asked him to do it properly when he had a moment. It looks like he'll be finding a convenient moment in the next couple of days!

Legacy passed its MOT yesterday. It had only failed on a droplink which wasn't bad at all.

The weather has been gash up here so I'd actually rang around a few garages as I'd happily pay £50 for someone else to do it, rather than sit in the freezing rain for an hour but nobody wanted to. "Sorry, don't do Subarus". WTF?

The only place that said they would couldn't fit me in this side of the retest window. 

Luckily there was a break in the weather that allowed me to get out and fix it myself at the weekend. 

IMG_20201221_122242335.thumb.jpg.fc9a430b8b8cc39105df30b6b0ab85dc.jpg

Another years worth of road legalness obtained (on paper at least). 

Electric operated boot strut snapped on the C5 yesterday... thanks to my lightning quick reactions I managed to get out of the way quickly before it landed on my already damaged shoulder! So now we have a boot which  doesn’t  stay open... ideal when you’ve got a small baby and need all the available arms to juggle baby and associated gubbins. 

‘I guess we’ll have to use the 9000 on Christmas Day then’ says Mrs B... 😎😎

So Kerry said to me last night, "do i want to drop the Rover off in the morning as i pass, and i take the piece of shit turd toyota?"

"no" said i, "no, i'll stick with the Rover, that other thing, you can keep it, i want nothing else to do with it, and besides, i know it won't start"

"oh yes it will"

"no. no it won't, and i'd bet you it won't"

"how much?"

ah a challenge, "i'll  bet 400 Quatloos that the turd won't go in  the morning"

well, apparently. it did. with no jump leads involved.

cos Kerrys brother was pushing it!

needless to say, i am now 400 Quatloos richer.

though i dunno how many quatloos there are to the pound......

Just been to collect a set of tyres from Buxton, I won on eBay.

Sat in sellers garage, was a 1989 I think, proton saga automatic.

14k from new, owner says it might be oldest left. Had left my phone down the road In the car, otherwise would have pictured it.

Nice bloke who owned it. Was a banger driver too but the proton is saved from that fate. 

20 hours ago, Jenson Velcro said:

Had to collect the bosses’ daughters mini from the dealer today . Looking across the used car lot what a load of monochrome misery . Had to laugh that the bill for the small service was for the same amount that I paid for my r50 Cooper

F61ADBD4-CAD1-4CD5-B170-25335FCA276C.jpeg

he he he 

stainless-steel-main-gate-500x500.jpg

3 hours ago, Stanky said:

What horn sound did it emit first time around? I'd like to think it was a slightly sad sounding, descending 'peeeeeeeeeeep' noise not unlike a clanger.

Sadly I'll never know since I can't remember ever having used it. Apparently I'd managed to bend it round so that it had filled with water. 

4 hours ago, rickvw72 said:

Just been to collect a set of tyres from Buxton, I won on eBay.

Sat in sellers garage, was a 1989 I think, proton saga automatic.

14k from new, owner says it might be oldest left. Had left my phone down the road In the car, otherwise would have pictured it.

Nice bloke who owned it. Was a banger driver too but the proton is saved from that fate. 

There's a ages old banger and caravan racing track at Harpur Hill, near the Mines Research place who developed computer modelling investigating the King's Cross fire. That's all within the confines of Buxton.

As is the International G&S festival.