The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

10 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Dragged my cortina out of its eight year hibernation today. Looks all right but the shed may not have had enough ventilation and the once perfect chrome is a little rusty.20200707_073826.thumb.jpg.a4d09e25550dd8431f26515d49862a51.jpg

Not bad on the whole though so a quick wash and 10l of fuel put in and had a go at starting. No fuel getting up but also no spark so nothing doing today.

Will test the coil tomorrow, and also look at the condenser as the most likely spark issues. Wondering how to check the fuel line without dropping the tank?

Jesus - that’s fit as a butcher’s dog. 

11 hours ago, SiC said:

If the input and output pins are reversed, why did you not fit it upside down? Won't be working properly otherwise and likely just letting the battery voltage straight through. 

I guess the I/G/O markings on the PCB refer to Input/Ground/Output. 

You could well be right but the guages appeared to be working perfectly as you can see.

I only realised that it was meant to go in that way after I fitted it. Thankfully I didn't solder it nor throw away the spacer washer which is quite an obvious cue as to how it's meant to be fitted.....

Next time I'm due to drive it I'll flip it over before I head out and see what happens. That could be some time however as the Corsa is coming back on Thursday and I'm keen to go for a spin!

31 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

Cisitalia?

Maybe - I'm looking at images on google. There seems to be a bonnet mascot and a V shaped badge on top of the radiator.

It's very pretty.

All the electricity has run away, our panel of experts say FIAT!

999LHOFIAT

Check another vehicle

ColourRed

Fuel typePetrol

Date registered11 January 1965

MOT expired on16 April 2019

Get an MOT reminderwhen the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal.(Opens in a new Window) by email or text.

If you think the MOT expiry date or any of the vehicle details are wrong, contact DVSA.
Open All

MOT history

Check mileage recorded at test, MOT expiry date, defects and advisories, and view test certificate

The MOT test changed on 20 May 2018

Defects are now categorised according to their severity – dangerous, major, and minor. Find out more

Date tested17 April 2018

PASS

Mileage65,352 km

MOT test number9804 3900 3602

Test location

View test location

Expiry date16 April 2019

Advisory notice item(s)

• Steering system has slight free play detected at steering wheel (2.2.A.1a)
 What are advisories?

Date tested14 April 2016

PASS

Mileage61,688 km

MOT test number3351 4212 3323

Test location

View test location

Expiry date13 April 2017

Date tested16 May 2014

PASS

Mileage60,077 km

MOT test number1273 9693 4181

Test location

View test location

Expiry date15 May 2015

Date tested27 June 2012

PASS

Mileage56,247 miles

MOT test number7666 2947 2166

Test location

View test location

Expiry date26 June 2013

Advisory notice item(s)

• Nearside Front Axle king pin has slight play in pin and/or bush (2.5.A.3a)
 What are advisories?

Date tested6 April 2011

PASS

Mileage55,149 miles

MOT test number1762 1649 1469

Test location

View test location

Expiry date5 April 2012

Advisory notice item(s)

• Steering system has slight free play detected at steering wheel (2.2.A.1a)
  • Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated (7.1.1a)
  • Nearside Axle king pin has slight play in pin and/or bush (2.5.A.3a)
 What are advisories?

20200707_155519.jpg

20200707_155529.jpg

20200707_155426.jpg

Transit custom tinkering. I've had this ring thing since I bought the van 2 or 3 years ago. It stops the smack rats from digging the van door lock out. Removing the lock means you have to turn it clockwise with the key so you can press a little tab to relaease it. The door card came off easy enough. Nothing's changed there for 30 years that I've pissed about with them.

I had to disconnect the horns. Turning the key clockwise when the door is open causes the van to honk twice. After half a dozen times it was getting on my wick.

The hardest part was putting the lock back in and having to line up two pins on the back while keeping the key turned clockwise.

Anyway it's done and acts as a visual deterrent if nowt else.

1b333217f710eeec3084996bb143e750.jpg6673a9933f7207baa6923765dae96d3f.jpg9b86afc4a524f89768459b3cec41abf1.jpgcfcc6b414f1b68ea3c56b1d4b3e41df7.jpg

I've used a disclok for the last 17 years and up to now, touch wood, my vans have remained intact.

Wuvvum - I've lost the post to quote it, but it seriously sounds like you need one of those lithium-ion jump packs. I'd be lost without mine. Mine is one of these - started the Delica from proper flat no problem at all. I've used it loads. Also handy as an emergency 12v power outlet when you discover that your latest purchase has a broken ciggy lighter...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iclever-20000mAH-Emergency-Cigarette-Flashlight-Yellow/dp/B076CR28C3 

4 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Posted on eBay tat by mistake earlier. Last entry of the day.

C9E25BCE-749B-4499-9307-7E5A1846F903.jpeg

probably the closest thing you will get to an Invacar from wherever it is you work LOL*

(going by your various high end car picture posts I assume you neighbour some sort of lots-o-money car handler or something such?)

makes me wonder if its a genuine one or a replica, the genuine ones go for proper £LOL these days

*granted an Invacar Model 70 ATW722L got sold (and exported) to a private car collector in Kuwait so who knows!

On 2/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, LightBulbFun said:

ATW722L, Invacar, Date of first registration 9th of July 1973, Current status: exported to Kuwait otherwise unknown, Date of last V5C (logbook) issued, 18 October 2017

20190104_075115.jpg

22 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

probably the closest thing you will get to an Invacar from wherever it is you work LOL*

(going by your various high end car picture posts I assume you neighbour some sort of lots-o-money car handler or something such?)

makes me wonder if its a genuine one or a replica, the genuine ones go for proper £LOL these days....

Electric ones are available now, it seems.....

6 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Wuvvum - I've lost the post to quote it, but it seriously sounds like you need one of those lithium-ion jump packs. I'd be lost without mine. Mine is one of these - started the Delica from proper flat no problem at all. I've used it loads. Also handy as an emergency 12v power outlet when you discover that your latest purchase has a broken ciggy lighter...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iclever-20000mAH-Emergency-Cigarette-Flashlight-Yellow/dp/B076CR28C3 

I had a cheapo eBay one for a while and it got me out of trouble a few times, but it didn't last very long - it's pretty much completely dead now.  I really should stop being so tight and invest in a half-decent one like that.

6 hours ago, jamiechod said:

Some chod in this smack the pony clip

Screenshot_20200708-003226_Facebook.jpg

I had one of those Corollas. Granted almost everyone in Ireland had one at some point they were so popular. 

Great car, it was the 1.6 and nothing ever went wrong with it. Mine was that colour too. 

Some of the job lot of CX parts have been passed on to another CX owner who lives in Clapham. He rocked up in a TRS 22 last night, in the rain, to take possession of the four alloys, a windscreen wiper motor and all of the interior and exterior trim. Not entirely sure what he's doing with the thing, but some of the central dash had been ripped out to accommodate a tablet, and I spotted an interesting steering wheel cradle carrying his iPhone. The steering wheel centre cap had also been replaced by a wooden block!

Meanwhile, no word from Garage Dubois-Loizou on whether the hoses I delivered on Monday were the correct ones......

4 hours ago, cort16 said:

I’ve been painting the wall in my lockup , something I’ve been meaning to do for 7 years. It looks a bit shit close up as the shite quality Breeze blocks have so many holes in them  but it hasn’t half made it brighter in there .

570B02B7-2E5D-4A82-892D-7F5C6C84FAAA.jpeg.3b49575bf3f4336f2547e0952005c4b7.jpeg

I convinced my neighbour to paint his garage as his bench was at the back , he was surprised how much lighter it was, then the owner passed away so now he's moving out. First thing he's doing in the other neighbours garage is painting it. 

I would paint mine but I don't have a spare month to clear all the crap and projects out first☹️

4 hours ago, cort16 said:

I’ve been painting the wall in my lockup , something I’ve been meaning to do for 7 years. It looks a bit shit close up as the shite quality Breeze blocks have so many holes in them  but it hasn’t half made it brighter in there .

Definitely one of the easiest ways to brighten up a lockup. I had to use two coats in mine, but it was much brighter and easier to work in. 

9 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I convinced my neighbour to paint his garage as his bench was at the back , he was surprised how much lighter it was, then the owner passed away so now he's moving out. First thing he's doing in the other neighbours garage is painting it. 

I would paint mine but I don't have a spare month to clear all the crap and projects out first☹️

I only decided to do it as I had a big clear up and moved some stuff around so had some space to do it. It was worth the 20 quid in paint to do it .

Worryingly there’s a massive crack In the wall as that I beam wasn’t sealed properly on the outside so it’s swollen up with rust cracking the wall .

My neighbours garages are in the same block, opposite side to mine, both of his ones have got a 3 inch lean on the back wall, they back onto gardens, by the looks of it the single skin brick wall isn't tied in to the breeze block dividing walls , those 8 garages might have plenty of light in them soon ?

5 hours ago, cort16 said:

Exactly the same issue I had with the breeze blocks but the difference is quite literally night and day.

IMG_20200609_093623.jpg

IMG_20200613_100539.jpg