The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

'Taxed' the T2 at the post office this morning. Took the V5c, completed a V112, for MOT exemption (because I'm not going to be driving it any distance this year) & that was it, job done. Chap gave me a receipt, which I read when I got home. It says that it was taxed from today and it's also for the retained document, the V5c, which the post office bloke gave me back. Does anyone think this will cause me problems later on? 

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

'Taxed' the T2 at the post office this morning. Took the V5c, completed a V112, for MOT exemption (because I'm not going to be driving it any distance this year) & that was it, job done. Chap gave me a receipt, which I read when I got home. It says that it was taxed from today and it's also for the retained document, the V5c, which the post office bloke gave me back. Does anyone think this will cause me problems later on? 

Id certainly staple it all together and file it, it's got the feeling of biting you in the arse in about 2 years... 

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

was the intention to change the taxation class from whatever it was to the historic vehicle tax class?

if so the guy at the post office was supposed to rubber stamp it and send it back to the DVLA to be updated

no ones going to break your kneecaps, but it just means the taxation class probably aint been updated! so you might wanna go back and sort it out!

quite amusing tho, after they forgot to first tax Dolly Mrs6c's Model 70, then forgot rubber stamp @Mrs6C's Visa and here they just forgot to take the V5c entirely LOL 

(NB if you have already in the past changed the vehicle to the historic tax class then you can do it all online etc, the whole V112 post office stuff is just a 1 time thing)

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

CX is just after going off on a transporter to Garage Dubois-Loizou. That was quick.

Transporter driver thinks it's HGF, as he could smell oil burning....

Could well be. But it’s not a usual problem- the only other cx I know with HGF was neil hotham’s CGAT .

I cannot tax the 75 as there has been some sort of foul up at the DVLA yet again.

I have the new V5 in my name and on the original plate. It all appears hunky dory but a call to the DVLA by the previous owner confirms the tax has somehow not changed over with the ownership and the system won't recognise the V5 reference number. I also can't tax it by phone because don't get the option to as it's saying it's not due until November. Finally, the website says I must absolutely not phone customer services because I am not a key worker(TM) or essential member of society.

However the car was taxed by the previous owner and as that hasn't changed over, it is still showing on the system as taxed till November. 

So it's effectively on the house until they finally sort it out.

DVLA, what a bunch of wallies.

Just now, richardmorris said:

...why has yours gone? Was it standing for years unused?

Well, I suppose it didn't help that the previous owner only drove it three times a year, which kind of explains why it only had 78000 miles on the clock when I showed up.

After throwing my toys out of the pram regarding spares I thought I had obtained for my Royale-I taxed the Senator yesterday as I had sorned it due to bat flu. Took it for a spin and realised it ain't going to be for sale. Puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Got it home and fixed the passenger electric window. Funny thing on this-with wear the cogs on the motor and window get pushed harder together jamming the system-so I bodged a few spacers to loosen things off. Back out for a spin and all is well with the world!!

Even loosing the Royales keys didn't upset me-found them in the boot-eventually. Will take the Senator for a spin later and then start a few jobs on the Royale-again many thanks to Angry dicky!

Steve

13 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

However the car was taxed by the previous owner and as that hasn't changed over, it is still showing on the system as taxed till November. 

So it's effectively on the house until they finally sort it out.

DVLA, what a bunch of wallies.

Keep calm and drive on

1 hour ago, Stevebrookman said:

Got it home and fixed the passenger electric window. Funny thing on this-with wear the cogs on the motor and window get pushed harder together jamming the system-so I bodged a few spacers to loosen things off. Back out for a spin and all is well with the world!!

Good news! And good info — the passenger window on mine is very reluctant to go upwards and sounds like it has this issue.

I shall get on to it as the HVAC would benefit from the help. This may or may not be related to the 3’ length of mystery ducting that’s kicking around in the boot.

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

Good news! And good info — the passenger window on mine is very reluctant to go upwards and sounds like it has this issue.

I shall get on to it as the HVAC would benefit from the help. This may or may not be related to the 3’ length of mystery ducting that’s kicking around in the boot.

It must be a Royale thing. I’ve also got ducting in the boot ?

5 hours ago, Skizzer said:

3 hours ago, Stevebrookman said:

It must be a Royale thing. I’ve also got ducting in the boot ?

Here's a photo-ducting been here for 5 years next to spare Sierra petrol tank.

DSC_0926.JPG

I left it a bit late to go out on my bike this evening as I was pissing about getting the Mondeo ready for its MOT tomorrow, so I just trundled up to Happisburgh again, although I took a different route this time, down quieter roads.  They've fully reopened the access to the beach and cliffs, so I did a little bit of mild hors piste on my fancy new road bike.

IMG_20200602_205556.thumb.jpg.66f26b8db3d2fbb9b9960bd30ef185de.jpg

It wasn't great at it - it nearly rattled my teeth out of their sockets.  It is bloody quick on the road though, so I can forgive its relative lack of off road prowess.