The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Throughout lockdown I've been ferrying a friend of mine around as his girlfriend, another good friend of mine, is having a rough time in lockdown with her mental health issues and a mum that's going through a divorce subsisting entirely on wine, they need safe places to stay and need to keep a balance, and guess who's the only one with a car. Manchester to Blackburn pretty much every other week. 

On the return leg of the last journey the Volvo put up a big red ! and a message 'transmission service urgent'. It also refused to come out of 4th gear when moving, however you could manually shift 4-2 when stationary. 

A restart cleared the fault, but I got 10 litres of ATF and tomorrow I'm going to have to try and flush the gearbox. 'Sealed for life' box which means taking the transmission cooler pipes off and running the car... what fun that'll be. 

Done that job on a Saab 9-5. Was quite easy with the cooler lines disconnected. Just make sure you put exactly the same amount in as you take out. 

Also isn't this your old Prelude / @chatsharris one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/250646578391491/permalink/2795392897250167/?sale_post_id=2795392897250167

(Just say'in like) 

2 hours ago, paulplom said:

Why the hatred of wasps on here? They're still gods creatures.

Come to think of it I remember being in a beer garden once and one crawled up my t shirt sleeve and stung me in the fucking armpit, for no reason at alI. It hurt for a couple of weeks afterwards.

I hate the bastards.

My parents used to take us camping.  Not your normal camping, no this was like a car show without the cars.  This was a Christian holiday with a massive marque and praying and singing and speaking in tongues. Services from 9 am to 11 and 7pm to 9pm 

And even a children's fellowship.

A whole week of it. For about 8 years. I stopped going at 16. Refused. 

And wasps.  I take this as a sign that there is a god and he woukd have preferred us all to get into bognor  town centre and help drug addicts or the homeless, rather than camping in a field near Durdle Door (topical)

One Lunch time I killed 36 wasps. My record. I think I'm on thier list. Thier crime. One of the fuckers hid in my shoe. I was 10. 

our bees have crossed the line ,

dont mind a few

but this is getting like a crowd at a letter opening .

last night I popped up and pulled down the handy " landing pad " I had put up to block the entrance .

now the big ones cant get back in !!!  , and are flying off some where else ...

Done that job on a Saab 9-5. Was quite easy with the cooler lines disconnected. Just make sure you put exactly the same amount in as you take out. 
Also isn't this your old Prelude / [mention=20001]chatsharris[/mention] one:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/250646578391491/permalink/2795392897250167/?sale_post_id=2795392897250167
(Just say'in like) 
No, this is the one I got from JohnK a couple of years back (the one I took to Shitefest).

Ghosty's old Prelude is staying with me.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, chatsharris said:

No, this is the one I got from JohnK a couple of years back (the one I took to Shitefest).

Ghosty's old Prelude is staying with me.

Ah. I happened to come across your advert the other day when browsing Facebook on cars for sale. 

I believe @Ghosty has money burning a hole in his pocket after selling the Jag and is on the lookout for something. Iirc he said that he likes Preludes a lot and as he was experiencing car trouble, thought I'd point him in your direction. ;)

Only single change at Birmingham train station when going from Manchester to Bristol Temple Meads too. 

Ah. I happened to come across your advert the other day when browsing Facebook on cars for sale. 
I believe [mention=17391]Ghosty[/mention] has money burning a hole in his pocket after selling the Jag and is on the lookout for something. Iirc he said that he likes Preludes a lot and as he was experiencing car trouble, thought I'd point him in your direction.
Only single change at Birmingham train station when going from Manchester to Bristol Temple Meads too. 

Hm. There may be commission for your efforts

Two blokes dressed like the stig doing his gardening and a stuffed dinosaur are about to mark the first ever commercial manned space flight by docking with the ISS. What a time to be alive.

Screen_Shot_2020_05_30_at_3.36.42_PM.png

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

39 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Anyone ever bought off here?

https://www.oglurom.com

No, never heard of them. If I look for MGB parts though, I just get a bunch of items that are listed on eBay. It's like they order it off eBay for you and combine the items into a single package. Or it's fraudulent and they take your money but you never get it. 

E.g.

https://www.oglurom.com/1156-ba15s-27-led-turn-signal-indicator-bulbs-amber-for-clear-lenses-x4-fits-mgb-p-189982.html

Vs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152908967966

9 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Two blokes dressed like the stig doing his gardening and a stuffed dinosaur are about to mark the first ever commercial manned space flight by docking with the ISS. What a time to be alive.

Screen_Shot_2020_05_30_at_3.36.42_PM.png

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

I had to laugh in that they made it from the pad to the station seamlessly...but could they get the wired voice comms to work between one side of the door to the other?  Nope...took them an hour to kick that into behaving.  Nice to know some things in orbit are identical to down here!

39 minutes ago, phil_lihp said:

I live there.  Happy to help if you need.

I'll keep that in mind, as I've messaged the seller to enquire about it. I know I like them as I've already had two of them, and three unrelated cars with derivatives of the same engine derivative, just not one in this getup. 

Update, the seller already got back to me, he's open to near offers and will hold it for a month for £100 non refundable. 

I'm sorely tempted as it'll stop me pissing the money away.
It's a very early Volvo 960 3.0. 125k, cambelt done, new discs and pads, recent oil and filter, all mod cons and Caramac leather.
It's £995. 

WCPGW?