The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Jag off to a new home, still in Manchester. The buyer was well into his Jags and as I understand the S3 is replacing an X350. 

I have £1500-2000 to spend on a replacement. Not sure what I want, and I'm not in a rush to buy. 
I wouldn't mind a 205 Gentry but they're hens' teeth. 

35 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I have £1500-2000 to spend on a replacement. Not sure what I want, and I'm not in a rush to buy. 

You'd struggle to get a decent one of them for two bags nowadays anyway, even if you could find one.

5 hours ago, barefoot said:

944 dripping/pissing petrol from where the fuel pipes dip down & bob under the rear torsion tube - apparently TADTS

yep. mine did that too - fixed on the cheap with flexi fuel hose and double jubilee clips. the proper fix of dropping the rear axle was just too pricey at the time :( 

17 minutes ago, gm said:

yep. mine did that too - fixed on the cheap with flexi fuel hose and double jubilee clips. the proper fix of dropping the rear axle was just too pricey at the time :( 

Micro bore copper heating pipe has got me out of the shit in similar circumstances. Chop out the rotten metal pipe ,  CMB is  easy to bend by hand and then whack a bit of flexi pipe with decent fuel pipe clips on each end, usually fits into the existing pipe holders too

3 hours ago, anonymous user said:

I'm getting cabin fever and what with all the glorious purchases on here trying to limit my time on Ebay, in case I do something stupid. Fortunately lockdown in Wales is stopping me at the moment. 

You and me both! I’m thankful to be in Wales for a number of reasons, but the fact that’s the continued lockdown is stopping me adding to the heap collection is another good thing! 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

....I have £1500-2000 to spend on a replacement. Not sure what I want, and I'm not in a rush to buy. 

Might we interest Sir in a functioning CX S2 GTi Turbo 2 near Selby for £1500, but requiring a respray?

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

You'd struggle to get a decent one of them for two bags nowadays anyway, even if you could find one.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I'm well aware. It's frustrating, I've missed a lot of boats. 

That's what happens when a desirable area becomes gentrified.

Just now, Spurious said:

Jeez that's a bargain. 

It's realistic, if it's still available.

The important bits are working. Just choose the colour you're going to have it resprayed in. The various bright blue metallic shades that Citroën had available in the mid to late 1970s would set this S2 quite well, and would be a refreshing change from heat-absorbing clichéd black.

12 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Shame the Jag went, you seemed to really like it. What about a X300? Similar type of thing but more affordable. Still around that budget.

I paid £1500 for my 1100 and BeEP + RobT paid similar for theirs. Admittedly a bit of luck on all our parts. 

However there are good bargains to be had out there. Just got to take a bit of a chance while having an element of caution - especially if you're buying remotely and blind. 

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I could buy it but not paint it. 

The infinitely wise GGG are screaming at me not to buy a CX.

Course they won't like a CX, too fuel effecient! Unless you can find a v8 one they'll not let you do it. How are you supposed to save the planet with a piffling small 2.whatever petrol? 

36 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Course they won't like a CX, too fuel effecient! Unless you can find a v8 one they'll not let you do it. How are you supposed to save the planet with a piffling small 2.whatever petrol? 

I think it was because a not-very-old CX very nearly killed Junkman when he was hurtling along a A-bahn and there was a complete hydraulic system failure - brakes and steering. 

8 minutes ago, SiC said:

I think it was because a not-very-old CX very nearly killed Junkman when he was hurtling along a A-bahn and there was a complete hydraulic system failure - brakes and steering. 

If it was failing properly, the brakes and steering should have been the last things to go.....

5 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

If it was failing properly, the brakes and steering should have been the last things to go.....

Here is his story on it:

Also a bit more here:

I can only imagine there was several internal failures stacking up either together or completely unnoticed over a short space of time.  

I gave it to[mention=17519]NorthernMonkey[/mention] when he bought the meriva.

I have a dongle and the torque app.

I thought all 3 coming on together might signify something easy.

It did take a lot of cranking to start. I wonder if it's battery related.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk