The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

56 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I'd like to see the contract /deeds/bullshit on that or is that a yearly rental ???

For the Freehold, the price is bonkers IMHO - it's in a standard residential street in Herne Bay (about a mile from the sea, so no boat storage premium should apply). I don't think the street has permit parking either.

Bought possibly the worlds most moldy, but only slightly bird poo covered Punto. Believe me, the pictures do not do that statement justice in person!!

20200418_150945.thumb.jpg.ddc14dbe1fd45967b4c0db567353a9b8.jpg

Which is complete with a battered, and awful looking passenger rear quarter panel. And a half eaten drivers seat, the rest of the interior looks like a tramps vest.. Not sure why I agreed to buy it, I'm meant to be getting rid of cars! But felt sorry for this one, either I bought it. Or some kid was buying it, for a field car to no doubt finish it off. Since it still has a little mot left, seemed a waste.

20200418_150929.thumb.jpg.d18f0ee84d082964cea286b7872a6e2b.jpg

So either a great save, or I'm an idiot. Still its mine.. all mine.. ohh shii###... I've done it again..  Wish me luck, or enjoy a laugh at least.. 

20200418_150915.thumb.jpg.9ac168b7c687936127ed1aa42682da76.jpg

20200418_150955.thumb.jpg.8b20a28b8a7caead7e2573128f508f1e.jpg

20200418_150908.thumb.jpg.5f2a404df7bb5f12d361cd5b4975620b.jpg

10 minutes ago, puntopaul said:

Bought possibly the worlds most moldy, but only slightly bird poo covered Punto. Believe me, the pictures do not do that statement justice in person!!

20200418_150945.thumb.jpg.ddc14dbe1fd45967b4c0db567353a9b8.jpg

Which is complete with a battered, and awful looking passenger rear quarter panel. And a half eaten drivers seat, the rest of the interior looks like a tramps vest.. Not sure why I agreed to buy it, I'm meant to be getting rid of cars! But felt sorry for this one, either I bought it. Or some kid was buying it, for a field car to no doubt finish it off. Since it still has a little mot left, seemed a waste.

20200418_150929.thumb.jpg.d18f0ee84d082964cea286b7872a6e2b.jpg

So either a great save, or I'm an idiot. Still its mine.. all mine.. ohh shii###... I've done it again..  Wish me luck, or enjoy a laugh at least.. 

20200418_150915.thumb.jpg.9ac168b7c687936127ed1aa42682da76.jpg

20200418_150955.thumb.jpg.8b20a28b8a7caead7e2573128f508f1e.jpg

20200418_150908.thumb.jpg.5f2a404df7bb5f12d361cd5b4975620b.jpg

Buy? Money exchanged hands ?

Just now, richardmorris said:

Buy? Money exchanged hands ?

Yes I know, I actually paid cash for it... the horror!! Rather than me being paid, to take it away. But it was ridiculously cheap, and if worse came to worse. And its beyond salvation, then the wheels an the catalytic converter etc.. Would sell / scrap for more than I paid, then you've got the shell and engine. So not terrible, but I'm hopefull of giving the car some redemption.

More Golf tinkering today.

Nearside sill had some perforation on the lower edge,but the rest is quite solid.

I did buy a new pair of sills for it,but don't think the originals are bad enough to warrant replacement. 

Rust chopped out. 

20200421_133134.thumb.jpg.171a990f4793b87e577b9beb6605595a.jpg

New section made up from sheet steel.

20200421_133202.thumb.jpg.70e26ea0caafacf3f9704cf0b86af1e7.jpg

Trial fit.

20200421_133110.thumb.jpg.545967cf52a59db58e2d48f42a734fb7.jpg

Happy with that, Didn't get it welded in today.

Rain stopped play.

My gas is running low too,hopefully I'll be able to get to the stockist when it does.

2 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

More Golf tinkering today.

Nearside sill had some perforation on the lower edge,but the rest is quite solid.

I did buy a new pair of sills for it,but don't think the originals are bad enough to warrant replacement. 

Rust chopped out. 

20200421_133134.thumb.jpg.171a990f4793b87e577b9beb6605595a.jpg

New section made up from sheet steel.

20200421_133202.thumb.jpg.70e26ea0caafacf3f9704cf0b86af1e7.jpg

Trial fit.

20200421_133110.thumb.jpg.545967cf52a59db58e2d48f42a734fb7.jpg

Happy with that, Didn't get it welded in today.

Rain stopped play.

My gas is running low too,hopefully I'll be able to get to the stockist when it does.

You're doing some great welding on that!

3 hours ago, strangeangel said:

After a month of WFH in the spare room I moved office at the weekend. Although my commute is now about five metres longer, overall I'm really happy with my decision.

I spent a good couple of hours this afternoon hiding in my van too, it's like a bloody call centre in the house with three folks working from home on conference calls from about 0800 non stop all day.

A decent collapsible table is something that I really wish mine had.  There's a free standing one that shows in the wardrobe, but it's a right faff to set up and totally blocks the thoroughfare when you've got it set up.  Might need to think about that in the future.

Admiral insurance are apparently giving customers £25 each with no catch, in light of the reduced payouts expected through less use. (I'm probably doing slightly less - although having swapped travelling by LOROL for the A406 to get to work leads to more daily mileage - doing almost no leisure miles and I'd probably have done a couple of trips into the countryside by now).

Wonder if others will follow suit...

14 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

A decent collapsible table is something that I really wish mine had.  There's a free standing one that shows in the wardrobe, but it's a right faff to set up and totally blocks the thoroughfare when you've got it set up.  Might need to think about that in the future.

What about using an ironing board?

I must be bored. Just done my 19/20 tax return.  The turnover (cash accounting not traditional) in my new venture was less than a grand, so no need to worry about ins/outs, just popped in my P45 details from my last job, added in the interest on bank accounts, pinged it off to HMRC, 200 quid tax refund due. Lovely.

I think next year's will be a bit harder than the 10 minutes it took to do this one !

1 hour ago, clayts450 said:

I must be bored. Just done my 19/20 tax return.  The turnover (cash accounting not traditional) in my new venture was less than a grand, so no need to worry about ins/outs, just popped in my P45 details from my last job, added in the interest on bank accounts, pinged it off to HMRC, 200 quid tax refund due. Lovely.

I think next year's will be a bit harder than the 10 minutes it took to do this one !

Well, that's early.  I have my Jan to March VAT to do before May the something, but i may as well do our self assessments instead of waiting until 30th Jan 2021. 

One of the contracts I've applied for is "umbrellor only" .

Wankers.

Ideas for removing money from LTD company and making it "dormant" ? I'm thinking redundancy of 30k for my staff. 

You don't need to do your VAT return (unless you really want to) - concession because of current situation.

I'm doing mine at the end of April, however, because I want to claim back the VAT on the van purchase, plus I'll also (hopefully) have been paid my first 17 invoices by 30 April 2020, so can offset the VAT due against the rebate.

Pulled the lawn mower out of the shed today. Cleaned the plug and away she went. Third of the way around the garden there was a fooking great bang and it stopped. Dog (who was helping by placing toys in front of the mower) looked at me with that WTF was that noise look.

Looked at mower, part of the quality* repair I did last year was separate from the mower as was the air filter cover.

Turning the mower over and looking the dog looked at me with that "looks like you're found those missing 75*50mm L shaped metal brackets you misplaced when fixing the shed"!!

16 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

You don't need to do your VAT return (unless you really want to) - concession because of current situation.

I'm doing mine at the end of April, however, because I want to claim back the VAT on the van purchase, plus I'll also (hopefully) have been paid my first 17 invoices by 30 April 2020, so can offset the VAT due against the rebate.

I think you need to submit a return when it is due regardless, it is just payments that have been deferred. 

26 minutes ago, New POD said:

Well, that's early.  I have my Jan to March VAT to do before May the something, but i may as well do our self assessments instead of waiting until 30th Jan 2021. 

One of the contracts I've applied for is "umbrellor only" .

Wankers.

Ideas for removing money from LTD company and making it "dormant" ? I'm thinking redundancy of 30k for my staff. 

Why not just wind it up? It’s the most tax efficient way to withdraw substantial funds. 

23 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

I am still currently earning, and I don't think it would be right to defer my VAT whilst thst is the case. I will leave payment until last point in time. I don't really want my business to owe HMRC either.  

20 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Why not just wind it up? It’s the most tax efficient way to withdraw substantial funds. 

Kind of a wind up. Yes.

There isn't currently anywhere near. 30k in my LTD company, there is my VAT and the proportion of income that i've set aside for the corporation tax for my year that ends 30th June, and therefore needs paying by March 2021.

Plus a bit of a buffer which on my calculations is worth just about enough to last til September maybe October if I had to claim on the furlough scheme for May and June. That is 3 or 4 months of the barest minimum we can live on, if i stop paying into pensions. But if I had to go umbrellor, I'm assuming that I could just pay the buffer out as tax free redundancy and close the company. 

20200416_194709.jpg

I had my virtual car viewing last night and it went splendidly.

Pending conclusion of the (currently understandable) protracted length of time the DVLA are taking to action the owner's request to transfer his private plate to his new car then I see no reason why I will not own the car soon. I will be having it delivered to abide by Covid lockdown rules.

Those that know me even a bit will be unsurprised to know what it is!

On 4/21/2020 at 11:50 PM, N19 said:

Admiral insurance are apparently giving customers £25 each with no catch, in light of the reduced payouts expected through less use. .......

Yes they are. Was quite surprised to learn that I'd be getting £25 back on the CX insurance 

Took delivery of a full PAS system for the Audi today including brake accumulator and also with 1.8 specific springs and struts. I buy these parts when I can get them as they are hard to find for the smaller engined models.

In the Chipsticks box are the 2 strut towers for the Corsa.

IMG_20200423_163254.jpg

Wow...yes, those plastics were indeed in dire need of some attention.  Never realised how bad they were until getting some treatment onto them.

IMG_20200423_153242.thumb.jpg.105006df920eef911d6e416dd106b79f.jpg

Of course having got myself thoroughly sidetracked doing that when I randomly found the bottle in the garage, I've now utterly forgotten what I went outside to do in the first place.