The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Dragged this out of hibernation today to make way in the garage for the Clio. Started right up. Still pissing oil out from somewhere, I think its the rocker cover gasket. I have a new one in the loft.

So, situation normal. MOT is in a couple of months, could probably do with 2 new bottom arms as they are rusty and a small patch on the strut tower.

Now that it is out I'll probably have it done.

20200307_093239.jpg

I have not used the Mx5 for a few weeks, I  just tried to start it. It turned over a couple of times and did a big backfire. It did turn over a few times after that, but the battery then died. I will put it on charge, if I can remember where the charger is. It's a good job I wasn't actually needing to go anywhere in it

20200307_160427.thumb.jpg.dadcec1f00add536429f89f65342cee9.jpgGrotty strut tower on the Corsa. The hole on the left is an empty bolt hole where the ABS pump bolts to on posher models. Its the bit on the right I'm concerned with as has gone through. However it's a double skinned area and there is a strengthening plate behind which might explain why it has passed several MOTs like this. 

I'm going to ask my garage to sort it properly this year before it spreads any further.

It's a glorious day, so I fully expect a thread full of people interfering with and enjoying their shite old cars today.  Hoping to get both the Sierra and Mini out today for a good old shake down.  Need to make a plan to reinstate heating to the Sierra, replace the leaky hose, price up a clutch and get it ready to go on front line duty from April.

My beloved BMW E46 touring is not very well, if I can't get it running  I'll have to do a buy. It depends on how I do today. Problem is I rely on it for my income so I need something big this week so if it goes in to a garage and has to wait then I definitely have to do a buy. It would be my first since being on Autoshite, so the important first question is, obviously, where is the best place to post a collection caper? Is it best to start as a new thread?

1 minute ago, Tim_E said:

My beloved BMW E46 touring is not very well, if I can't get it running  I'll have to do a buy. It depends on I do today. Problem is I rely on it for my income so I need something big this week so if it goes in and has to wait then I definately have to do a buy. It would be my first since being on Autoshite, so the important first question is, obviously, where is the best place to post a collection caper? Is it best to start as a new thread?

New thread in the main Autoshite forum is best :)

Meant to be raining later so was up early doors putting the new light in. 

IMG_20200308_090041.thumb.jpg.e944d9b43e87274564b49dc9ed5f6f06.jpg

Fixed it in with Butyl tape. The old sticky stuff on this one was really soft compared to the near side one and came off easily, no heat gun or owt, just peeled away and then needed cleaning. 

It didn't leak into the car before I replaced the light so inevitably it will now that I've fucked about with it but the old lens was cracked so it needed doing. 

11 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

BMW estate out of action; 924 is now my daily.

I've lost Imp Jrs car seat for the 944 so can't go anywhere in it with him. I took it out when I was selling it but I've no idea what I've done with it. 

Its one of those pockets ones so isn't big but I've looked everywhere and still can't find it. 

417MF83nS5L._AC_SY400_.jpg.7e3380d99e3eee95681a68679cec4c9f.jpg

3 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

I've lost Imp Jrs car seat for the 944 so can't go anywhere in it with him. I took it out when I was selling it but I've no idea what I've done with it. 

Its one of those pockets ones so isn't big but I've looked everywhere and still can't find it. 

417MF83nS5L._AC_SY400_.jpg.7e3380d99e3eee95681a68679cec4c9f.jpg

Getting jrs out in the classics is important part of their education!