The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Who'd have thought?!

The oil light came on again while ticking over earlier. I'm hoping to fuck it's not terminal.

I'll put another 2 litres in tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

Is this where you normally put sawdust in and lob it in the for sale section? Or is that for big ends? My memory's shocking

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, paulplom said:

The oil light came on again while ticking over earlier. I'm hoping to fuck it's not terminal.

I'll put another 2 litres in tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

Is this where you normally put sawdust in and lob it in the for sale section? Or is that for big ends? My memory's shocking emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Different engine but my R56 needs a close eye kept on the oil. Since I upped the grade from 5/30 to 5/40 the consumption has slowed to about 1cm on the dipstick per week, regardless of whether you do 40 or 400 miles!

19 minutes ago, gm said:

Leith ? 

Yeah. Gordon street. Filled with dodgy backstreet garages that look like you just turn up with some money rolled up and hand it over to fix your shitter, which sounds good to me as my skoda has been in a collision recently.. the big L plates give a hint it wasn't me driving at the time :D

photo_2020-02-24_13-04-48.thumb.jpg.f0cc71242418de1437b414b40ec74a2f.jpgphoto_2020-02-24_12-59-44.thumb.jpg.0c2dafe9387af87cd82d600b9f6f5252.jpg

thought it looked familiar, my tame mechanic used to work at s&j motors just round the corner on duke street. He’s since set up on his own out in loanhead, bit of a ball ache to get to but worth it for a trustworthy chap. 

(even more of a ball ache now I live down in that england:( ) 

4 minutes ago, gm said:

thought it looked familiar, my tame mechanic used to work at s&j motors just round the corner on duke street. He’s since set up on his own out in loanhead, bit of a ball ache to get to but worth it for a trustworthy chap. 

(even more of a ball ache now I live down in that england:( ) 

Does he do bodywork repair?

The little jeep went tonight. Did well on it mainly cos i got it for next to nothing. Panic now as we have no car working. Wifes golf i have not got to look at its slave cylinder yet. Plus there is a storm tomoro. Theres a volvo v50 just out of test near me that i like the look of i am going to see tomorrow.

Screenshot_20200228-225332.png

16 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

pictures of that Rover P4 above make me sad.....

Why's that? It looks like someone's just paid for an expensive respray on it, the front end panels are fitted back on and it really looks like it only needs bumpers and grill fitting before it's returned to the owner!

It's parked outside a bodyshop so I don't think it's been abandoned!

15 hours ago, Scotball said:

Yeah. Gordon street. Filled with dodgy backstreet garages that look like you just turn up with some money rolled up and hand it over to fix your shitter, which sounds good to me as my skoda has been in a collision recently.. the big L plates give a hint it wasn't me driving at the time :D

photo_2020-02-24_13-04-48.thumb.jpg.f0cc71242418de1437b414b40ec74a2f.jpgphoto_2020-02-24_12-59-44.thumb.jpg.0c2dafe9387af87cd82d600b9f6f5252.jpg

I keep seeing you on my walk home from work up Dundas Street. Spotted your Felicia right away!  

2 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

Why's that? It looks like someone's just paid for an expensive respray on it, the front end panels are fitted back on and it really looks like it only needs bumpers and grill fitting before it's returned to the owner!

It's parked outside a bodyshop so I don't think it's been abandoned!

cos i hate to see a P4 in bits.

25 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Went to the council dump the other day and rescued this:

20200226_165257.thumb.jpg.856b13b4d74b027ab44a06aad41c566a.jpg

Its a CD30 out of a low spec Vectra or Astra. Don't know if it works.  Might try it in the Vectra or other Vauxhall product to see if it works.

Probably won't. I think they have to have the paired screen in the dash.