The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 hours ago, 00833827 said:

So the pumping didnt do it but i inspected the master and slave cylinders and it looks like the slave is wet/ leaking. The pedal def feels like its different so can be pushing air maybe?

20200226_073719.jpg

Yep that looks like the cause. Check any hose ferrules and joints for leaks, and that the bleed nipple is snugged up before you condemn the slave.

46 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Yep that looks like the cause. Check any hose ferrules and joints for leaks, and that the bleed nipple is snugged up before you condemn the slave.

Absolutly. And was going to try bleeding the clutch and then topping up fluid first to see if it comes back. It should do at least temporarily. But at least we know the issue and area now and since its not the clutch it has probably saved the car. 

Thanks all. Will keep you updated.

2 hours ago, Tenmil Socket said:

The Mrs watched a program last night on catch-up (think it was on channel 5 at the weekend?). It was 'Husbands from hell'. One of the fellas had hoarded 120 cars!

Congratulations on your marriage @320touring

Washed the car today as, miracles of miracles, it WAS NOT FUCKING RAINING! The bright orange thing in the sky was floating about but doing sweet f.a. in the 'warming the world up' stakes. It was a tad fekkin freezing and only a total fuckwit would go out and wash his car... oh.

But, the ghost thieves have been about again: I had a brand new and unopened litre bottle of wash and wax which I intended to use, but, still unopened it was completely empty! More worrying was the simple fact that there is no trace anywhere of any leakage having occured... where could it have gone? Has Chester developed yet another worrying habit?

Went to Halfords, bought another bottle of Triplewax 'wash and shine' I hope this one lasts longer. also bought a clay bar and some 'lube' (oo-eer Missus!) but I don't know if I'm going to bother. Maybe I'll wait until Busman comes round next and get him to do it - he owes me a favour. No idea what he owes me a favour for.... I can try :) 

Also cut off my long, flowing locks back to a grade 4 and Hoovered! That makes about 3 times in the last month I have hoovered, don't want to start that lark as new habit!

2 hours ago, Nyphur said:

That looks nice, hope it serves you well.

Now you've got that sorted do you have some breathing room for the concerto, or are you going to sack that off altogether? I know which I'd do.

'Do you see the light?'
Image result for james brown blues brother

Yes, I do. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

I've finally bought my own clippers, and with a bit of assistance from Mrs Egg no longer need to make banter in the barbers or chat about holidays with hairdressers. Ideal. Social interaction is way overrated.

Good clippers (wahl) cost forty quid and last ten years. 

Sack off the guards and just run them over your head once a week. 

9 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

I'm in Dublin, we all know they love a hatch based saloon.

But what's this? 4 Reno Influenzas in 5 minutes? That's who bought them all.

I don't think they were ever imported to the UK,but are fairly common here,they are quite attractive, especially in the higher trim levels.They are reasonably popular as taxis.791161471_MjRiMzcyOWE2MWExZWI5ZjNiYTFmZmYzM2JhMDdlZDLtl-_W4T074JUVuSuohNg2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS-vcy9waG90b18xNDI0NjY1NDh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA.thumb.jpeg.c7b5e3ddaad7bd62752ee1958232fdc0.jpeg

It wouldn't be surprising if a few got to the UK,as they are made in rhd,and wouldn't be much of a risk for an Irish resident to bring with them if they moved over.They were built in Turkey.There is a saloon Mégane lV as well,but it is called a Mégane Grand Coupé rather than being given a separate model name.l wouldn't mind one myself in a few years.1419309674_OTRkZTM3ZDFkODNkY2ViOTNiZTgzMWQwOWZhMWZmMGWkF0XMqloQDKtGmvvkap3LaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtM-vcy9waG90b18xNDI1ODA0NzJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA.thumb.jpeg.693c9f79f071ba9b9c9568ab8da8e65a.jpeg

12 hours ago, artdjones said:

It wouldn't be surprising if a few got to the UK,as they are made in rhd,and wouldn't be much of a risk for an Irish resident to bring with them if they moved over.They were built in Turkey....

The electric Fluences proved to be a bit of a turkey here, come to think of it. 

The one I know of is always parked in the same place, probably reflecting the above. Also seems to belong to someone without a driveway....(how do they charge it I wonder). They've had it a few years, it's in Faversham that has no public chargers (still - town of 30,000 odd souls)

50 minutes ago, Tayne said:

No rapid charging, crap range and a small boot.

Also you have to rent the batteries from Renault.  I had a look at the Fluence which was on eBay recently - seller said he was on the cheapest lease deal, which is £77 a month for 6K miles a year.  I bashed some numbers into my calculator and that makes it roughly equivalent to a diesel car averaging 36mpg - and that's before you've taken into account the cost of the electric to charge the thing.  With all the other limitations it has I can see absolutely no reason why anybody would want to own one.