The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Last night, after a few beers, I checked on AutoTrader in the sub 500 squid section. Usually it's by price, for some reason I decided to use distance.

Today, Mrs BMH has a new runabout.

IMG_20200219_144432.thumb.jpg.57a90d981041f42a2ec705e8c18be1be.jpg

Tested to May, piles of paperwork with it, just needs a bit of tape over the flashing EML. Still think 325 was worth it.

Big problem is my car is now on the street in the council estate behind us so something has to go. Looks like that will sadly be the Merc, thinking about a roffle at £6 (which is what I won it for from JohnK), or 300 coins.IMG_20190926_121616.thumb.jpg.31692f05f159188f43b852a3537413cc.jpg

It's this one. (I'm actually in that pub typing this!).

18 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Hospital porter?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Nope! I'm behind enemy lines at everyone's favourite* motor industry related company.

2 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Lights must be on half an hour before sunset until half hour after sunrise. In 30 zones I think sidelights are still ok otherwise headlights. 

Years ago, they used to tell you these in local papers and on the news.

And yet at 7 am this morning for instance I still saw several cars on DRLs  only. So no rear lights,

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Tell us more about the merc.

A ticket by the way. 

It's this one.

Serviced it since I got it, fixed the radio and heater and fitted the rubber grommet to the selector. It still isn't happy selecting gear when cold (turn the lights on so you can see when it actually selects D) but after that it's OK. Odd, occassional rumbling from back that again disappears when been running a bit. It's not getting much use, Mrs BMH banned the dog from it (so the modern is now internally covered in sand, mud and dog hairs) and wanted a smaller car. Tested to August located S73 in the People Republic. I'll miss it, it's my preferred weapon of choice but the drive is overflowing and there are double yellows outside the house.

2 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Last night, after a few beers, I checked on AutoTrader in the sub 500 squid section. Usually it's by price, for some reason I decided to use distance.

Today, Mrs BMH has a new runabout.

IMG_20200219_144432.thumb.jpg.57a90d981041f42a2ec705e8c18be1be.jpg

Tested to May, piles of paperwork with it, just needs a bit of tape over the flashing EML. Still think 325 was worth it.

Big problem is my car is now on the street in the council estate behind us so something has to go. Looks like that will sadly be the Merc, thinking about a roffle at £6 (which is what I won it for from JohnK), or 300 coins.IMG_20190926_121616.thumb.jpg.31692f05f159188f43b852a3537413cc.jpg

It's this one. (I'm actually in that pub typing this!).

Well played. I'll take a ticket for the Merc.

3 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

It's this one.

Serviced it since I got it, fixed the radio and heater and fitted the rubber grommet to the selector. It still isn't happy selecting gear when cold (turn the lights on so you can see when it actually selects D) but after that it's OK. Odd, occassional rumbling from back that again disappears when been running a bit. It's not getting much use, Mrs BMH banned the dog from it (so the modern is now internally covered in sand, mud and dog hairs) and wanted a smaller car. Tested to August located S73 in the People Republic. I'll miss it, it's my preferred weapon of choice but the drive is overflowing and there are double yellows outside the house.

Lovely thing. Would have a brace of randoms but my roffle fund is out for this month :(

Opening a parcel which suspiciously may have originated in China and almost immediately sneezing was a bit of a spine tingler but look...!

IMG_20200220_110602328.thumb.jpg.fa03cc540af87c323d1eb33b88c44fc1.jpg

Now, instead of looking at a black plastic lump and saying 'that's fucking fuct', I can look at a black metal lump attached to a black plastic lump and say 'that's fucking fuct'. Instrvctions in Transylvanian too it would appear!

Battery fully charged on Mondeo, and started fine. But still a little bit iffy restarting halfway through a run. It's near end of life then I think, but voltage ok with engine running.

V5 has arrived for Metro.

After driving the Rover, the Mondeo feels like a Merc S class ?

My 181,000 mile 02 Focus Lords edition, failed the MOT Monday night on a rusty sill. 

Will try and get a pic of the full horror, from the aftermath of the MOT mallet!

Naturally since the car is worth the square root, of absolute diddly squat anyway.  And said sill has a ruddy great dent in it, I've ordered a new sill and instructed the garage to replace it.

Since touch wood it's been a pretty decent motor overall, considering it was £100 in the first place!

May as well see it over the 200,000 mile mark, so hopefully the old girl will be looking pretty decent soon enough.

31 minutes ago, puntopaul said:

My 181,000 mile 02 Focus Lords edition, failed the MOT Monday night on a rusty sill. 

Will try and get a pic of the full horror, from the aftermath of the MOT mallet!

Naturally since the car is worth the square root, of absolute diddly squat anyway.  And said sill has a ruddy great dent in it, I've ordered a new sill and instructed the garage to replace it.

Since touch wood it's been a pretty decent motor overall, considering it was £100 in the first place!

May as well see it over the 200,000 mile mark, so hopefully the old girl will be looking pretty decent soon enough.

Be nice to see it get over 200k, my aim for my Focus is at least moon mileage, at nearly 195k now.