The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

17 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Level five. (It’ll get stolen to order now I’ve put its whereabouts on the internet, you just watch.)

I’m just the sort of person those ‘magic hour’ residents’ bay limits are there to stop.

Many years ago I worked for Barnet Housing as we were in a van and the dunces at the top had not sorted us out an exception we had to drive off on the magic hour. The idiot manager would then tell us we should have taken lunch then, yeah right like I am having lunch at 10am or 3pm twat. 

All Vxls are shit.

Hence why for my new courier venture I've just bought a Combo (so it's really a Fiat) - I pick this little beauty up on Saturday (seller photo)

van.thumb.jpg.a9c2dcbaeadbfd547ee0806a6f4a5915.jpg

Okay, it's done over 100K miles, but it's 1 owner (Mitie, ex-lease) and was only used locally in the last two years for grounds maintenance and carting a lawnmower around. Absolutely immaculate not a scratch or dent on it, and the lessee clearly ticked the options button as it's got everything. Is the farty 1.3 stop-start for OMGMPG, but that's totally sufficient for my needs. Has had clutch replaced, and has full service history so should be no timing chain disasters. Has a speed limiter on it too (70) - bah :(

More proper photos and write up when I pick it up.

I got da F(U)NK

38 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Aah, gotcha.  I was wondering whether that was some kind of top secret underground parking facility off Fenchurch Street...

Broadway Shopping Centre. Although "skizzer" could probably* have saved* a bit of cash by sticking it in Springbridge Road multistorey just across the way, at a quid an hour.

3 hours ago, egg said:

The ultimate indignity this morning. Overtaken by a Honda Jazz on a b-road!!

A couple of years ago, on the bit of M6 north of Carlisle, I was driving southbound in Mr Coffees' LS400. We were doing "70mph" already, and a Prius went past like we were standing still!

I'm starting to panic that a 21 year old 150k 206 might not be the best car to drive to the south of france filled with family members, and looking at buying a sensible alternative.  

But I literally cannot see any cars for sale.

I was bidding on a 406 earlier, had my bid cancelled as the item is no longer available.

I probably want a 306/406/806/berlingo 2.0hdi, mebbes an estate.  Ideally I'd like one that isn't already shagged though, and it almost looks like I can't do that for a grand.

14 minutes ago, Yoss said:

This is the scuttle of my work van. I'm a postman as you can probably guess by the colour. 

IMG_20200212_111248.thumb.jpg.0f43094301973cf2dbe322bfcdcbb432.jpg

The moss has been there ages but closer inspection shows we are now growing actual plants. 

IMG_20200212_173906.thumb.jpg.536552bef73b82be0c5c79678ff65408.jpg

This is genuine carbon offsetting isn't it? 

It's an exhibit at next years Chelsea Flower Show, complete with Royal Mail elastic band!

50 minutes ago, egg said:

Other car manufacturers are available LO, doesn't have to be a Pug ;-)

Surely not?

I would be open to other things, as long as they don't rot horribly and have nice steering and a comfortable ride.