The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Bought a set of clocks for the SLK from a breaker on eBay, made an offer - refused, made another- accepted so £35 for the full set when everyone else wants well into the hundreds! I like cheap... No info is stored on the clocks themselves so not a mileage dodge or anything I just want the LCD screens out of these to fit in mine and see if I can evict my 'pink shrimp' at some point.

Bought and paid for on Sunday, just arrived. Beautifully packed and wrapped with mucho bubble wrap and in perfect condition. I do love to complain (and whinge/whine) but now't to complain about here :) 

On 2 February 2020 at 6:31 PM, vulgalour said:

I've been keeping an eye out for anything useful locally since there's a good few house renovations going on.  Spotted a skinny locker sat on the pavement, knocked on some doors and found out it was destined for scrap so scooped it up in the BX for the garage.  Good for metal bar stock and garden canes, thinks I.  A friend tells me it's a gun locker.  I don't have any guns, so I'll keep bar stock and garden canes in it instead.

202002-Garage02.thumb.jpg.33e3d8ffc8ce2c80542613ce588f8077.jpg

202002-Garage03.thumb.jpg.26ccac721853472986ca4a080d218769.jpg

Probably* already on the Discovery channel.  How To Make Guns From Bar Stock And Garden Canes. Doubtless a six part series of hour long episodes mainly composed of much YeeHaaa, yelling and high fives from men with baseball caps on backwards and beards down to their belly. 

In a fit of rare enthusiasm, I have hoovered the flat.  First time since Christmas, there was the 'odd' dog hair floating about hither and yon... In fact there were three more Labradors and a couple of Bassets hiding under the sofa, I wondered who was eating all the food!

Now in absolute agony so am eating Paracetamol like smarties. This is always my first attempt to be sensible before I start on the Morphine and then double dose on the Fentenyl I already have. I also still have to dust but the will is strong while the body is weak. Actually, the will is weak as well... Anyone want a part time gig as a cleaner? I could pay... though probably peanuts as I am a cheap old bastard.

12 minutes ago, xtriple said:

In a fit of rare enthusiasm, I have hoovered the flat.  First time since Christmas, there was the 'odd' dog hair floating about hither and yon... In fact there were three more Labradors and a couple of Bassets hiding under the sofa, I wondered who was eating all the food!

Now in absolute agony so am eating Paracetamol like smarties. This is always my first attempt to be sensible before I start on the Morphine and then double dose on the Fentenyl I already have. I also still have to dust but the will is strong while the body is weak. Actually, the will is weak as well... Anyone want a part time gig as a cleaner? I could pay... though probably peanuts as I am a cheap old bastard.

Eating Paracetamol like smarties and double dosing on pain meds doesn't sound good. The tone of your post doesn't sound good either TBH. Are you ok? Well, you know what I mean. Concerned.

Don''t take more than 1000mg/4hrs.  You don't get more pain relief from more paracetamol, it's nothing like Morphine.   Paracetamol is very harmful in quantities more than's stated on the back of the packet.  Can cause serious, irreparable harm to your kidneys and liver.  Proper paracetamol overdosesare a nasty nasty way to die, I've seen them as a Paramedic. 

Thanks guys, nice to know someone loves me (no Valentines though). I am okay, no worse than usual after any exertion and not currently suicidal. I do take too many Paracetamol, that I know but excess Morphine (which is what we are up to now) makes me itch like a bastard so I always try the 'straight' way first, even though it never works. Happily, everyone has taken pity on the old cripple and a nice lady carried my shopping to the car and a mate poop picked after the dogs and then walked miles to deposit same. All the time I just sat and whinged... which I am really bloody good at!   :) 

With the Multipla's MOT due soon I've been positive about its chances and bought a new main beam headlight as a stone has cracked the current one.

IMG_20200204_160744697.thumb.jpg.fe1ed2e88a62981981055f4961880219.jpg

Got the cheap one from a breaker on eBay but didn't notice in the photo (and it wasn't mentioned in the listing) that it has the reg the car it was taken from etched into the glass.

IMG_20200204_160450155.thumb.jpg.3b05325e3dddfd9ba7ce695b91c5cc53.jpg

Which is a bit meh but it doesn't really matter so I'll go with it. Let's see if the MOT history will tell me why Y332JJX was scrapped

Date tested13 October 2012

FAIL

Mileage122,595 miles

Reason(s) for failure

• Offside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
  • Nearside Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
  • Offside Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Offside Front Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Nearside Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
  • Parking brake mechanism/associated mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (3.1.9)
  • Offside Brake cable insecure (3.5.1d)
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Offside Rear Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)
  • Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)
  • Nearside Rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)
  • Offside Rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)
  • Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)
  • Offside rear parking brake recording little or no effort (3.7.B.6a)
  • Exhaust emits an excessive level of metered smoke for a turbo charged engine (7.4.B.3b)
  • Parking brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.B.7)

Advisory notice item(s)

• Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
  • nearside front brake hose cracking

That's the longest fail list I've ever seen and I've had some shockers.

the Concerto, while solid, is bloody messy. Interior is mouldy and the driver's door card is off as the lock was changed. Everything works and the radio loom hasn't been butchered for once so my spare radio can go in when the ISO adapter arrives.
First thing to do was remove a couple of massively incorrect stickers (nothing JDM as fuck about Longbridge) and perform a compression test. I knew it was HGFd but still... Test gave back 125/75/80/150, it should be blowing 180s... Also the ATF cooler pipes are pissing out fluid (tadts). The ignition barrel needs changing as it's worn out and the key can be removed with the car running, but one was supplied with the car. I also need a standard exhaust for it as it's stupidly loud, there's no rear silencer.

There's a good honest car hiding under all the mess. c36fe98000106afc81f58a3dbd1ac588.jpg0f87c0a5c60bd1e2123d746829944910.jpg7f86dfa8ab1c17bd917dc73a01f9b58e.jpg

23 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Thanks guys, nice to know someone loves me (no Valentines though). I am okay, no worse than usual after any exertion and not currently suicidal. I do take too many Paracetamol, that I know but excess Morphine (which is what we are up to now) makes me itch like a bastard so I always try the 'straight' way first, even though it never works. Happily, everyone has taken pity on the old cripple and a nice lady carried my shopping to the car and a mate poop picked after the dogs and then walked miles to deposit same. All the time I just sat and whinged... which I am really bloody good at!   :) 

If it's severe and you're struggling to manage, ask for some help. I certainly don't mind coming out to people who've run out of options. 

Always have empathy for those with painful conditions. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Stay strong ?

I have asked the Docs before about an increase in meds, but it's not an option as I am already on the maximum dose of Fentanyl! Ho-hum and indeed, bugger. To be honest, most of the time it's okay, not pleasant but manageable but if I accept that I'm a scruffy twat and ashamed of it/myself and do some 'hands and knees'hoovering then I know it will kill me but once a month is hardly excessive now is it :)   I did have a lady who cleaned for me but she quit ages ago due to my constant sexual demands, I kept telling her to 'fuck off' so she did!

20 minutes ago, TataBobu said:

Looks like an interrogation lamp, might leave oncoming traffic blind.

Will certainly have interesting insurance implications if there's a claim later on....

I've already had two near-misses in the past week from oncoming traffic thanks to their stray beam patterns which left me momentarily blinded.