The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

just done my last things shop , petrol topped up , etc

Tesco was empty , but car park was full and backed up as no one around here can drive with out making an issue of it .

car levels are done , draw bridge is up and the world ... ... ... 

can go mad and FRO with its Xmas stupidity !

apart from that have a nice time everyone . 

Now installed in our Christmas hide away. Went out to a traditional cafe for lunch. Like stepping into the 1980s 

Cat is sleeping on one sofa, wife is having a sleep, because she's knackered after the drive.  She insisted on driving.  Only 80 miles.  She refuses to learn how to use the cruise control though, so her speed on the motorway varies from 60.to 75 mph for no particular reason.  She slows down when she indicates to pull out into a faster lane. 

Still I love her. 

Changed the Tipo's oil, oil filter, air filter and plugs yesterday and gave it a cursory checkover (and under) prior to today's MOT.  It all looked passable and drives fine. I was therefore surprised that it passed, albeit with some advisories and the tester saying he did not like the corrosion behind both bumpers. It was nevertheless deemed non-structural and safe for 12 months. My son accidentally booked the MOT for today, not realising that it was a day too early to get 13 months. Expiry of the previous MOT was 23rd Jan 2020.  As a result, we have lost a month's MOT cover. Oh well. Can't win them all.  A couple of weeks ago my daughter's/son in law's 1.4 Focus MK1 with 177K on the clock also passed without much comment despite my efforts to bodge the front exhaust hanger using an old upholstery tension spring.

37 minutes ago, RayMK said:

we have lost a month's MOT cover. Oh well. Can't win them all.  

I didn't think of it this way when I took the zx in on the 1st day I could, was more 'I get a month to either get another car or fix this so it passes' because its a grey area and I'm sticking to it... 

Flew through, 13 months for me! Think the original test date was Saturday, and fuck doing an mot at Christmas! 

Result of my recent job interview today - nosirreebob.

Did go to a colleague on my team who I saw as very much the main competition and am genuinely pleased for him. Apparently was a fag paper between him and I. 

Still feels like a kick in the nuts mind, no matter what my brave face says.

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

bet something went bang 3-400 miles before... then they bought it in as it made a funny noise recently.

Got to be close to writing the car off hasn't it? Or was it fairly new?

It went bang then completed its journey but would not restart. 54 plate so depends if they can get a secondhand gearbox for it as the casing is cracked.

9 hours ago, richardmorris said:

What's caused that?

At a guess, exploding clutch pressure plate for 200 points; fracture due to crappy steel quality/flaw in steel exacerbated by vibration, flappy bit becomes progressively loose and flappy, eventually skelps the nose of the starter housing and in a mutually destructive embrace everything falls off and gets spun around like the spin cycle from hell.

11 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Should've been out working on cars today but have spent the whole day playing Wreckfest on the PS4.

Haven't even left the house.

zk5s0v6kyr541.jpg

I'm vegetating at the moment, when I know I should be outside working on the Dolomite. Just 100% knackered right now.