The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

44 minutes ago, LabRat said:

So I traded in the broken Ssangyong, feel free to laugh at my madness. In my defense it was £1500 after the trade and ive always fancied a go in one...

IMG_20191206_133404.jpg

IMG_20191206_133443.jpg

Is that the dizzla for extra obsolescence ?

ETA: Nope, it's a petrol - good buy :)

Took the Sierra to work this morning in a bid to cheer myself up.  I've got a wet arse (unsure whether it's a leak or just damp) and it was a bit reluctant to start.  Still zero heating so that needs attention, and the clutch continues to slip.
Still - the sight of that nose poking out in the car park cheered me up no end!

IMG_3071.thumb.jpeg.18838f888cbaac44ea48d3819856e26e.jpeg

0c9057dc54b6dbf410163d1bf62791e6.jpg

Took this for the Lazy Spotters Thread, but this makes more sense. I’m starting to think we must work in the same place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home about an hour ago.

The van I now have for the foreseeable future is a 69 reg Iveco Daily. When I left Stoke earlier it had 323 miles on the clock.

It's now got over 700 and a generous coating of road grime.

Short review: Cruise control and DAB radio are good. Suspension on the driver's seat also good. However it's fucking massive, loses speed on some hills, and why does it need a flat-bottomed steering wheel?

The pies from Tebay were good.

11 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Took the Sierra to work this morning in a bid to cheer myself up.  I've got a wet arse (unsure whether it's a leak or just damp) and it was a bit reluctant to start.  Still zero heating so that needs attention, and the clutch continues to slip.

Still - the sight of that nose poking out in the car park cheered me up no end!

IMG_3071.thumb.jpeg.18838f888cbaac44ea48d3819856e26e.jpeg

What a lovely sight, nice to see the bASe getting used. 

Oh, @LabRat, you absolute winner. Can't wait to read how you get on with the MG. Looks almost 5 series-ish from the side.

Right, today I had to go for an early morning collection for a Vespa part. Round trip of only about maybe 15 miles, but took the longer route just because. Decided to take this vile Passat to see what it drove like, stopped on the way to put £5's worth of supermarket fuel in. 

Verdict:

Wipers: Shit.

Headlight visibility: Fucking shit.

Pleasantness of interior: Fucking shit.

Heater controls: Shit.

Power: Good, to be fair (but see below).

Heater: dial moves but no cold air: Fucking shit.

Came home via the bypass, got out the 50 zone then clogged it. Guess what? EML on, limp mode engaged. Stopped (at petrol station) turned off/back on, EML still on, limp mode disappeared. Came through town, back on to bypass, then bypass/motorway number 2. Properly clogged it this time, holding on to flat out in 2nd and 3rd to see if it cleared the car out a bit. Limp mode re-engaged, 'emissions workshop' light activated. Emissions light went off again, stopped/re-started car EML still on, limp mode gone. It'll be that shit arsed N75 valve, I'd put money on it. Even though it was dark and the car has tinted rear windows, it was chucking out some smoke from the back, expect giving it some welly probably helped it in a way. On top of all that there's a weird, faint vibration through the car. Defo not wheel balance, more like early signs of DMF (from experience with another car that the vibration was horrible through) or maybe an engine mount.

It's hard to think of a shittier car to be honest, it's so typical of this era of VAG rubbish.  There isn't a chance in 50,000,000 years these are fit to lick the canine shit encrusted tyres from Battersea Dogs Home's wheel barrow, let alone a Vectra or even a Mondeo.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Came home via the bypass, got out the 50 zone then clogged it. Guess what? EML on, limp mode engaged. Stopped (at petrol station) turned off/back on, EML still on, limp mode disappeared. Came through town, back on to bypass, then bypass/motorway number 2. Properly clogged it this time, holding on to flat out in 2nd and 3rd to see if it cleared the car out a bit. Limp mode re-engaged, 'emissions workshop' light activated. Emissions light went off again, stopped/re-started car EML still on, limp mode gone. It'll be that shit arsed EGR valve, I'd put money on it. Even though it was dark and the car has tinted rear windows, it was chucking out some smoke from the back, expect giving it some welly probably helped it in a way. On top of all that there's a weird, faint vibration through the car. Defo not wheel balance, more like early signs of DMF (from experience with another car that the vibration was horrible through) or maybe an engine mount.

It's hard to think of a shittier car to be honest, it's so typical of this era of VAG rubbish.  There isn't a chance in 50,000,000 years these are fit to lick the canine shit encrusted tyres from Battersea Dogs Home's wheel barrow, let alone a Passat or even a Mondeo.

FTFY.

Basically the same complaints can be made on most, now aged, 2000-2010 diesel products. I can't imagine much from the 2000 that has a diesel engine will survive to classic status. 

I'm in a strange situation. Kids are away to my mothers for the night. Partner is away to the village hotel for a spa day with her mate, then going back to partners for drinks and staying over. My problem is I can't remember when I was last by myself and how am I going to entertain myself?
I should probably wash the t5 and van. Or even drive the t5, must be a week or so since I drove it. The flat is nice and tidy with no outstanding chores other than a few dishes in the sink, and I've just fed myself with last nights chinese.
I'm at a bit of a loss tbf. I can't remember the last time I drank that much that I passed out. So I've decided that's what I'm going to do.
My dilemma is whether to go to the pub and kitchen and get blasted or stay in watch shit tv and get wasted on grants and the king goblin she bought me yesterday.
What ever I decide, I have to walk the dog 1st. First world problems etc.
What would scooby do?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Trip over to Looms to see if the 620 they'd just taken in had the requisite rear light cluster which some twat cracked. Typically, just about the only thing taken off the car since it arrived at the yard on Monday was.....the  offside rear light cluster. FFS. Hoping a guy in the NW on the 600 FB group is willing to let me have one off his scrapper for nil pence.

Did bag the parcel shelf speaker covers, as mine shattered into eleventy billion pieces when I swapped the gubbed speakers out a few months ago.  Wrong colour, but who cares. As I was so doing someone accosted me and said 'is that your 600 with the Autoshite sticker' ? Not sure if it was someone on here - they were raping modern Peugeot bits. Also off a gutted early R8 216, grabbed a couple of rear head rests (again, wrong colour) for the 214, and a beige rear window winder to replace a snapped one for the 420 . Sadly no 25/ZRs in from which I could steal the top rad hose.

10 quid the lot anyroad, happy with my early afternoon's work.

@barefoot @Split_Pin @captain_70s I just contacted them using the online form saying please can you email me back - which they did next day, I then attached a couple of photos for them, and 5 days later they are here. I was exchanging emails with a guy called Michael who must be the design guy.

They aren't the cheapest, but I was charged no extra for this. I just had to mention the design in my special requirements when ordering online.

I'm not going to put it on until I'm feeling on top of my game, I have a history of making them a tiny bit crooked, which then does my head in!

Email is: info@fancyplates.com 

Today I spent the last 4 hours on the other half’s diesel aclass as it had been throwing up P0401 which looking online means EGR valve.

So I’ve now cleaned it out and she went up the road and after a few miles the light came back on again.

So I had a play under the bonnet again and reset the code for about the 100th time and gave it an Italian tuneup and it seems fine now although she did say the car made a gurgling noice when she turned it off ?

I think it’s time for a bath now.

4A8EC258-7787-4C5C-BD2F-2F71E0C8A7EC.jpeg