The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Just been out into the post apocalyptic wilderness that is Kirkintilloch in December. First time out since Friday, still loaded with flu but a good bit better.

Got into the Clio to head to shops and it fires right up,so it got a pat on the dash:)

Driving along, I thought  tyres were flat as steering heavy and it was very darty in changing direction.

Turns out the tyres were fine and it was the ML wot had made me forget about steering feel and handling..

44 minutes ago, 320touring said:

Just been out into the post apocalyptic wilderness that is Kirkintilloch in December. First time out since Friday, still loaded with flu but a good bit better.

Got into the Clio to head to shops and it fires right up,so it got a pat on the dash:)

Driving along, I thought  tyres were flat as steering heavy and it was very darty in changing direction.

Turns out the tyres were fine and it was the ML wot had made me forget about steering feel and handling..

I thought something was wrong with the 316 when driving it back to the hotel, anything feels heavy in the steering after that ML!

In other news, I can trigger cavcraft. My new work van is a brand new Iveco Daily. The throttle response is terrible, 6th gear is an arsehole to engage, but it has cruise and a DAB radio...

Still up in Scotland, but took a break from visiting the hospital today to visit Blairgowrie as it's the biggest town round here that isn't a tourist trap or Perth. 

Decided to go back to Aberfeldy via Pitlochry, so A93 and then A924. Wow. Stunning driving roads despite the water. The latter was more or less dead the entire way from Bridge of Cally, and it was amazing. The Alfa didn't feel under any pressure at all, despite the rear suspension wobble, the precise handling and throttle response made my afternoon really. I should have taken better photos further up the road but there wasn't really any pull in places. 

IMG_20191205_143152.jpg

IMG_20191205_143142.jpg

IMG_20191205_143128.jpg

Wife spotted this online this afternoon and bought it for my birthday (which is in April)...

https://www.buyagift.co.uk/driving-experiences/three-mile-superhero-driving-blast-br-10271014.aspx?cm_mmc=google-_--_--_-&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=382204226520&pkw=&pmt=&pg=10271014&slid=&pgrid=78722208875&ptaid=pla-350538906471&SIDIM=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxom0q6Wf5gIVSLTtCh1SzgMFEAYYASABEgKeVfD_BwE

Bat-3.jpg

Drive The Batmobile!  Not the original but a replica, presumably by Fiberglass Freaks who seem to be knocking them out at a fair rate.  Good enough for me though!  This car is a defining icon from my childhood.  The only thing that could beat it is Thunderbird 2.

She's literally made my Christmas.

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Looks like there's a bit of spare length there to play with, would it not be possible to just slice off the bulgy bit and refit the hose a bit lower down?

Consensus seems to be it'll be fine for a temporary fix but not a permanent one. 

4 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Not just a case of replacing that one hose, of course - whole lot needs to come out, 50 quid+ from Rimmers :(

Do you have the OEM part number? worth chucking into Google to see if there are cheaper options than Rimmers?

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Does anyone localish to me have Lexia/Peugeot Planet 2000? I apparently need it to reprogram my 306's remote locking. 

@davehedgehog31 has just bought one because he's an outstanding winner with a large Peugeot saloon*, time to get up to a scotoshite meet?

*Also, broken.

Took the Sierra to work this morning in a bid to cheer myself up.  I've got a wet arse (unsure whether it's a leak or just damp) and it was a bit reluctant to start.  Still zero heating so that needs attention, and the clutch continues to slip.

Still - the sight of that nose poking out in the car park cheered me up no end!

IMG_3071.thumb.jpeg.18838f888cbaac44ea48d3819856e26e.jpeg