The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

14 minutes ago, chancer said:

Fuckin Bingo! That didn't take long did it? Hateful little shitbox20191114_164627.thumb.jpg.0aa1cd78ccb85b386edabe759b21320f.jpg

I’ve just changed the abs pump on my R50 at the weekend and have it booked for the mot this weekend as you have to get in quick for a ticket while the lights are off on a Bini.

If it’s the pump it’s plug and play and don’t worry about the part numbers being wrong.

The rule of thumb is get an abs pump off a car from the same year and same model such as a one, cooper or cooper S etc 

I got mine for about £10 off eBay.

6 minutes ago, Vince70 said:

I’ve just changed the abs pump on my R50 at the weekend and have it booked for the mot this weekend as you have to get in quick for a ticket while the lights are off on a Bini.

If it’s the pump it’s plug and play and don’t worry about the part numbers being wrong.

The rule of thumb is get an abs pump off a car from the same year and same model such as a one, cooper or cooper S etc 

I got mine for about £10 off eBay.

Cheers, one of the tyres looks like its gone soft while it was off the road so im hoping its the tyre pressure monitor thats setting it off. Switched it off and on, an the lights went off. Thats a fix for now ?

interesting, about 3 years ago, against my advise, my next door neighbours bought a R50 Cooper because she wanted 'something sporty'.

Anyway, about 3 months later she knocked on the door because lots of warning lights had come on and did I know anything about them. I superglued my mouth shut to stop myself from saying "I bloody told you not to buy it" and went round with my cheapo code reader which couldn't read any codes from the brakes, or clear them, so I tried disconnecting the battery and some fuckery with flicking random switches which you toggle the ignition on and off but it didn't help. The car then stood for long enough for one tyre to go completely flat and the concrete it was sat on to change colour around it before one day it vanished and was replaced by a Ford Ecosport which i don't think went wrong.

it had done exactly that, presumably she rang BMW for a quote on a repair and they quoted £££ for it, then it got fragged. anyway, whatever. Horrible things. Jim's looks like a right hoot, but every one I've had to deal with in real life has been incredibly fragile and a PITA to work on. Soz.

3 minutes ago, Stanky said:

interesting, about 3 years ago, against my advise, my next door neighbours bought a R50 Cooper because she wanted 'something sporty'.

Anyway, about 3 months later she knocked on the door because lots of warning lights had come on and did I know anything about them. I superglued my mouth shut to stop myself from saying "I bloody told you not to buy it" and went round with my cheapo code reader which couldn't read any codes from the brakes, or clear them, so I tried disconnecting the battery and some fuckery with flicking random switches which you toggle the ignition on and off but it didn't help. The car then stood for long enough for one tyre to go completely flat and the concrete it was sat on to change colour around it before one day it vanished and was replaced by a Ford Ecosport which i don't think went wrong.

it had done exactly that, presumably she rang BMW for a quote on a repair and they quoted £££ for it, then it got fragged. anyway, whatever. Horrible things. Jim's looks like a right hoot, but every one I've had to deal with in real life has been incredibly fragile and a PITA to work on. Soz.

For all its little foibles i still love the thing. I only paid £250. It had been sitting over a year in a garden, probably same sort of scenario where the previous owner scraped enough money to buy a mini but couldnt afford any repairs. Luckily i have access to a huge supply of second hand parts so whatever goes wrong its fixed pretty quickly and usually for next to nothing

It looks like I paid way over the odds for mine as it was £350 lol

Its just the handbrake light on honest lol.

18 minutes ago, chancer said:

For all its little foibles i still love the thing. I only paid £250. It had been sitting over a year in a garden, probably same sort of scenario where the previous owner scraped enough money to buy a mini but couldnt afford any repairs. Luckily i have access to a huge supply of second hand parts so whatever goes wrong its fixed pretty quickly and usually for next to nothing

BFAF295C-8E95-4762-9BEC-3C5D039F073C.jpeg

3CB6C9B7-6E6D-4DE8-8E57-1CB8CBB7E15A.jpeg

034745B8-B6AB-4A75-826F-02D36469DAA6.jpeg

37 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

It might be Tommy Robinson's E.D.L, neo nazi, ss supporter.... allegedly

Really, or just tongue in cheek? If I’d have known there’s all sorts of chemical mist I could have let drift across to the matt wrapped paint.

All ye jesters with your R50/3s, I BITE MY THUMB AT YOU.

I possess an R56. On mine tits it doth weigh in excess. My knitting be ripp'd whence the start button is pressed and yon shitbox proclaime'th loudly via audible warning symbols that the o2 sensor hath passed from this life into the next and that the screenwash flagon be barren dry whenst not even longer than yestermorn I did'st be diddled of six groats for 4 quarts of Unipart's guest ale and replenish it forthwith.

The last Bini I bought chucked all its coolant out before I’d even got it on the truck at Belle Vue auctions.

Got it back, sorted out the mechanical issues and valeted it to within an inch of its life.

A day later, the Calor driver dropped 4 full 47kg propane bottles on the fucker.

13 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

The last Bini I bought chucked all its coolant out before I’d even got it on the truck at Belle Vue auctions.

Got it back, sorted out the mechanical issues and valeted it to within an inch of its life.

A day later, the Calor driver dropped 4 full 47kg propane bottles on the fucker and improved its looks no end.

FTFY

2 hours ago, Vince70 said:

It looks like I paid way over the odds for mine as it was £350 lol

Its just the handbrake light on honest lol.

BFAF295C-8E95-4762-9BEC-3C5D039F073C.jpeg

3CB6C9B7-6E6D-4DE8-8E57-1CB8CBB7E15A.jpeg

034745B8-B6AB-4A75-826F-02D36469DAA6.jpeg

Can I have 1st refusal ? It would confuse my daughter. (this is hers - I also have 1st refusal.  Mainly because I own the gearbox. 

2017-03-10 13.29.15.jpg

23 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Horopito Motors!

https://youtu.be/aFqxMK0Ex0U 

Amazing place. A bit overwhelming too. Land must be cheap to own/rent in NZ to leave those vehicles uncrushed! I reckon you could have got two videos out of that for more ad revenue (says someone who doesn't really understand how it works...)

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

All ye jesters with your R50/3s, I BITE MY THUMB AT YOU.

I possess an R56. On mine tits it doth weigh in excess. My knitting be ripp'd whence the start button is pressed and yon shitbox proclaime'th loudly via audible warning symbols that the o2 sensor hath passed from this life into the next and that the screenwash flagon be barren dry whenst not even longer than yestermorn I did'st be diddled of six groats for 4 quarts of Unipart's guest ale and replenish it forthwith.

You forgot to log in as Samuel Pepys Esq

13 minutes ago, stuboy said:

i worked there till they sold it... do you have a connection?

I almost studied there, but in the end didn't go 'cos I couldn't afford to get a car and drive there from Faversham every day (so went to Kent Uni instead - bus)

1 hour ago, egg said:

Amazing place. A bit overwhelming too. Land must be cheap to own/rent in NZ to leave those vehicles uncrushed! I reckon you could have got two videos out of that for more ad revenue (says someone who doesn't really understand how it works...)

Yeah, that's got to be worth a revisit without the microphone woes and rain, seemed to be plenty more there that wasn't featured.

1 minute ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

That’s rough. Really sorry to hear that. Our Thoughts are with you. 

5 minutes ago, cms206 said:

It fucking hurts.

My sympathies. Lost mine 4 years ago last week, she was 93 but it still hurts.

5 minutes ago, cms206 said:

It fucking hurts.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news. My mum passed away 3 1/2 years ago. It’s shit... like really really shit but it becomes bearable, I promise. It takes time and you have a beautiful family to help you through. Both me and @brownnova are always here if you need us.  

58 minutes ago, cms206 said:

It fucking hurts.

So sorry to hear this. Hope comfort will come from remembering the good times. If we can help in any way, please let us know.

1 hour ago, cms206 said:

It fucking hurts.

Condolences Cms.