The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

My nephew who's 17 and is learning to drive. He doesn't want to, but his mother's making him.

He doesn't like it, but I asked "what car is it?"

"I dunno, it's red"

?

We had other visitors around on Sunday, so there was 6 cars outside. Normally it's 4. None of our neighbours have cars, so I think it balances out.

4 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

My nephew who's 17 and is learning to drive. He doesn't want to, but his mother's making him.

He doesn't like it, but I asked "what car is it?"

"I dunno, it's red"

My son is 17 and just the same, no interest in cars whatsoever.  None of his friends do either, makes me feel like Frank Dibnah.

*edit: Fred Dibnah.  Deffo losing my marbles.

Indeed they do but their tyres are fekkin expensive! Black Circles for £405 or Kwik fit for over £500! So, 225/40/18 X2 and 245/35/18 X2 Avons from Black Circles it is. Delivered to Euromaster where they will be fitted all in the price. There are many more cheaper tyres about but I LIKE Avons and they are the quietest available with A grip and C fuel consumption. Whatever I do/did it was going to be a faff so just done it and they will get fitted on Friday, just got to work out how to get four huge wheels into a titchy car....

Did post in ask thread about jumpy celica clutch. Bit of googling suggested giving it more revs and let clutch out slower, giffer style driving I believe.  Anyway Been doing that and it works fine . Went out today got my dinner and watched a few planes at liverpool airport, always fascinating how they get in the air. Then a general hoon round hale village and some country lanes home. 

Sold daughter's bike for £10.
She saw me sneaking it out out the gate tonight, ok love you can have the tenner
Haggling at the sale location meant I only got £5
I bought some shopping, cos you know, was already out
I gave daughter tenner 'cos I'm too tired to teach life lessons
Net result: I'm about £10 down on the deal

(But more space in the shed for Mondeo junk)

It's why I don't work in sales.

4 hours ago, xtriple said:

Indeed they do but their tyres are fekkin expensive! Black Circles for £405 or Kwik fit for over £500! So, 225/40/18 X2 and 245/35/18 X2 Avons from Black Circles it is. Delivered to Euromaster where they will be fitted all in the price. There are many more cheaper tyres about but I LIKE Avons and they are the quietest available with A grip and C fuel consumption. Whatever I do/did it was going to be a faff so just done it and they will get fitted on Friday, just got to work out how to get four huge wheels into a titchy car....

A couple of trips ?

4 hours ago, xtriple said:

Google suggests these guys: https://www.tq1motcentre.co.uk/mobile-tyre-fitting

If they’re anything like my two local mobile tyre fitters, they’ll happily fit tyres you’ve already bought for a tenner a corner.

I had to come out of a meeting at work to respond to a text from my wife which said 'Phone me please', which she never does.

The Mini had conked out on the Old Inns Roundabout which is near Cumbernauld and is very busy, particularly with trucks coming on/off the motorway. Thankfully my son was still at school and not in the car at the time,

My wife was surprisingly calm and explained what happened quite clearly.

She also managed to shudder it back home after she finally got it started again.

I am hoping that its just the o2 sensor but either way she has finally accepted that it's going. It's replacement will need to be a cheaper car as I've spent an awful lot on this thing and it's bled me dry.

I don't want her driving the Clio due to the advice on its condition from my garage, however much I think they may be overreacting and I need the Audi for my work. Something small and in serviceable condition will do for now.

Finally got round to changing the front end on the Rover Asbo,

it's been sporting a nice little battle scar from when it belonged to Jim bell over 3 years ago and I've been a lazy arse not doing anything about it because, meh it works.

IMG_20191018_142045.thumb.jpg.9a4afc8d9e9a524488d620cb5215fa1a.jpg

IMG_20191018_142052.thumb.jpg.576d61b32135b0c6ee93be45a4dda77d.jpg

I've had the parts sitting here since April when Wingz123 kindly retrieved them from somewhere in the darkest Midlands for me and I got some new to me headlights and nightbreaker bulbs recently, so didn't really have any more excuses not to do it. Bugger!

So this happened today...

IMG_20191113_134500.thumb.jpg.60a9c8bde2db290fb4d257030b303911.jpg

Which happily lead to this..

The panel gap is better than I expected after it's mishap.

IMG_20191113_152615.thumb.jpg.d36813d2975291877deb0c0f703abd37.jpg

This one's a bit tight, needs adjusting.

IMG_20191113_152848_1.thumb.jpg.170685d070db70af34b1781ab96d1396.jpg

IMG_20191113_153747.thumb.jpg.7da74e01578ce470edd9594c221d01d8.jpg

mmm bright lights.

I really do have a fondness for this little Rover Gti. They are a rare old thing now but unfortunately scarcity in these does not equate to value.

Double bugger.

26 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Wow, thought that was long gone. Glad to see it's still about.

I have occasionallythought about moving it on but if I did it would be roffled on here to keep it in the fold. 

24 minutes ago, HMC said:

Is that the one that had a coming together with a multi story car park? Great work 

It's the very same,

I won it, used it for a bit then "sold" it to a mate on the condition that I got it back when he was bored with it, which happened last year.

It's still as reliable now as the day Mr Bollox did the HG, not that it's done many miles it's just about to clock 87k.