The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I knew getting a unit was a bad idea. It was clear I'd have space in it after fitting my fleet in, so I decided to fill that space...

EHAzbGeWkAA5BCg.jpg

It is VERY crusty but drove well on a private road test. Will see if I can sort it out (or get someone with skills to sort it out) when I get back from NZ/Aus.

3 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

20191016_122750.thumb.jpg.ef3bc13983238230b1cddfa8508d8cee.jpg

Vectra failed MOT on:

20191016_141455.thumb.jpg.295823f55186e54ad8599f4b95f81877.jpg

Gonna get it sorted today hopefully.

Well. Walking/taking train and bus today as car couldn't be sorted until tomorrow.  Worst thing is, brake pipes on rear need changing, can't be cleaned up so thats an and extra £60 to my bill ☹

At least it'll be in better health  when sorted but with lack of funds now, heater will have to wait.

11 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

I knew getting a unit was a bad idea. It was clear I'd have space in it after fitting my fleet in, so I decided to fill that space...

EHAzbGeWkAA5BCg.jpg

It is VERY crusty but drove well on a private road test. Will see if I can sort it out (or get someone with skills to sort it out) when I get back from NZ/Aus.

YEEEEESSSSS

22 hours ago, Yoss said:

So this nice looking jiffy bag arrived on the doormat from France this morning. 

IMG_20191015_111955.thumb.jpg.16e1b0ba6e56f810355b01c3bd81d046.jpg

Contained this London Transport T key. 

IMG_20191015_112025.thumb.jpg.1ad2005282d92882730232a21a5b7fd4.jpg

Strange thing to get from France? 

I went to Nice for a few days last week. Turned up at the airport, put all my stuff in one of those plastic boxes to go through security. My box got put through the extra checks aisle. Man calls me over, shows me a perfect X Ray of the above key and asked me if I knew what it was. I'd only left it in my jacket pocket and brought it on holiday by mistake because I'm a bloody idiot*

So I explain it's a special key for opening certain things on old London buses while Mrs Yoss acts out a mime of changing the blinds and he looked bemused and gave it back to me. But I really didn't trust French customs to be so understanding, not least as I wouldn't really be able to explain what it was in French. So fearing I'd have it confiscated I posted back to myself. I still wasn't sure if I'd ever see it again leaving it to the mercy of the French postal system but it arrived today four days after posting. 

*according to Mrs Yoss. 

and yet who was doing a mime?! ?

Oh yeah, I know but she'd already called me an idiot by then, but I think she was just trying to hurry the process along a bit. I was actually surprised he gave it back at all because you could do some damage with it. I wish now I could have taken a picture of the X ray but that might have been taking the piss a bit. 

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

They really are an odd looking thing those Tercel estates.  It's like they finished the design and then suddenly 5 minutes before home time somebody went "Oh shit, we need to put lights and a number plate and stuff on the back".

Can't disagree! But it's why I like them.

So far, most of the internet is telling me I'm an idiot, and the rest is muttering something about Breaking Bad, which I assume is a telly thing.

My only Tercel reference was from secondary school, we had a merger with another school, the crusty old head retired and a new, younger, cool down with the kids principal appointed. 

He was only one of those things. But he drove a 4wd Tercel estate and replaced it each year with a new one. 

8 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Can't disagree! But it's why I like them.

So far, most of the internet is telling me I'm an idiot, and the rest is muttering something about Breaking Bad, which I assume is a telly thing.

Idiot?  Fucking genius legend more like.

In beige, too.  Outstanding shiting.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, Yoss said:

So this nice looking jiffy bag arrived on the doormat from France this morning. 

IMG_20191015_111955.thumb.jpg.16e1b0ba6e56f810355b01c3bd81d046.jpg

Contained this London Transport T key. 

IMG_20191015_112025.thumb.jpg.1ad2005282d92882730232a21a5b7fd4.jpg

Strange thing to get from France? 

I went to Nice for a few days last week. Turned up at the airport, put all my stuff in one of those plastic boxes to go through security. My box got put through the extra checks aisle. Man calls me over, shows me a perfect X Ray of the above key and asked me if I knew what it was. I'd only left it in my jacket pocket and brought it on holiday by mistake because I'm a bloody idiot*

So I explain it's a special key for opening certain things on old London buses while Mrs Yoss acts out a mime of changing the blinds and he looked bemused and gave it back to me. But I really didn't trust French customs to be so understanding, not least as I wouldn't really be able to explain what it was in French. So fearing I'd have it confiscated I posted back to myself. I still wasn't sure if I'd ever see it again leaving it to the mercy of the French postal system but it arrived today four days after posting. 

*according to Mrs Yoss. 

so a overgrown key=getting stopped and questioned

but the entire street light I had in my suitcase when coming back from israel in 2011 was no problem!

29 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

How did you disguise the post?

LOL Just the streetlight not the column/post :) 

(the 3 fluorescent tubes and 2 large sports stadium light bulbs I had did have to be mailed back to me, which my mum took as an opportunity to offload a bunch of clothes she got lumped with from relatives etc as she used the clothes as packing material instead of bubble wrap, but it meant the package for those 2 big lightbulbs my 1000W Philips and 1500W GE Metal halide lamps, ended up weighing like 9Kg each, when the lightbulbs only weigh a few hundred grams each LOL)

Not car related, transport related ? very loosly

Extinction rebellion supporters getting a slap after buggering up peoples commute by train, leave them alone you tree huggers they are already suffering enough just using the train.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

3 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

...Extinction rebellion supporters getting a slap after buggering up peoples commute by train, leave them alone you tree huggers they are already suffering enough just using the train.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

All commuters should give 'em a slap. If nothing else,  it would bring some amusement to the drudgery of a working day. 

I don't quite understand why they targeted people who have made the decision to actually use public transport. Just odd behaviour.

In other news, I'm heading to London myself on Monday for the start of this big adventure to NZ thing. Feels very odd locking this lot away.

EHGDz-RXYAMFBpa.jpg

Also said goodbye to the cat, and my ex (even though we're still connected via HubNut). Most of my life is now in boxes. I'm enjoying one last night of big stereo (Liquid Drum and Bass it is then) before packing that away, then the edit suite. Have a few days to gently reflect before the big off.