The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I appreciate the fact that the Sierra bASe is no longer the darling of Autoshite. Things have moved on. It is LP, we’re now onto cassette. Our old local with sticky floors became a gastropub with vegan options and a washroom for our LGBTQAI+* friends.

Nonetheless, there might still be a bit of interest.

Here’s a nicely rebuilt cylinder head, ready to go back on the bASe over the next few days. I’ve also got a new water pump and carburettor too. 

Wish us luck?!

C53B0F96-DA4D-40E5-9D16-550FFE9EBF3D.thumb.jpeg.3c6534dfb14d6bfee7e38ec16609825e.jpeg

841ACF50-F4CD-40EA-8281-1815B9B61115.thumb.jpeg.b2da2436555b881dafa6f5e262e632dd.jpeg

*Sounds like the new Nissan 7 seater SUV

3 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I appreciate the fact that the Sierra bASe is no longer the darling of Autoshite. Things have moved on. It is LP, we’re now onto cassette. Our old local with sticky floors became a gastropub with vegan options and a washroom for our LGBTQAI+* friends.

Nonetheless, there might still be a bit of interest.

Here’s a nicely rebuilt cylinder head, ready to go back on the bASe over the next few days. I’ve also got a new water pump and carburettor too. 

Wish us luck?!

Absolutely. Why not update the thread dedicated to it? My Vectra isn't popular here but I still update the thread for myself and the couple of others that are interested.

18 hours ago, 17-Coffees said:

Good evening USA, my choice of “mystery choice” for the rental paid off in price only. Cheapest option and you got a “compact or above”...

28647594-083F-462A-9A99-13D200859204.thumb.jpeg.61fd048c3b0a07b549ea9f05736060a8.jpeg

Nissan Sentra, it’s a smaller Altima...which is what I had last time. 

Shame, as there was a nice white Cascada at the office. One can dream...

i did that booked focus sized and walked in and just said smallest thing you have please

got fiesta

did that previous in PA and had chevy spark or similar - got a versa

ireland on friday i just hope its not a corsa

So this nice looking jiffy bag arrived on the doormat from France this morning. 

IMG_20191015_111955.thumb.jpg.16e1b0ba6e56f810355b01c3bd81d046.jpg

Contained this London Transport T key. 

IMG_20191015_112025.thumb.jpg.1ad2005282d92882730232a21a5b7fd4.jpg

Strange thing to get from France? 

I went to Nice for a few days last week. Turned up at the airport, put all my stuff in one of those plastic boxes to go through security. My box got put through the extra checks aisle. Man calls me over, shows me a perfect X Ray of the above key and asked me if I knew what it was. I'd only left it in my jacket pocket and brought it on holiday by mistake because I'm a bloody idiot*

So I explain it's a special key for opening certain things on old London buses while Mrs Yoss acts out a mime of changing the blinds and he looked bemused and gave it back to me. But I really didn't trust French customs to be so understanding, not least as I wouldn't really be able to explain what it was in French. So fearing I'd have it confiscated I posted back to myself. I still wasn't sure if I'd ever see it again leaving it to the mercy of the French postal system but it arrived today four days after posting. 

*according to Mrs Yoss. 

After finally having fixed my PAS pipe, I thought I’d go for a little longer test run this evening, but no the 5 had other ideas. When I turn the ignition on the heater blowers and wipers work, but as soon as I start the engine the wipers cease and the blowers stop working. All fine were it a)not drizzling b) not a bit damp in the car due to lack of use and c) dark. 

All lights etc work, radio works, just the blowers and wipers, and only when the engines running.

Anyone got any ideas?

I swear this car knows I’m considering selling it now! 

Chod spotted in the work car park this morning.  The Breadbin is a regular visitor, but I've never seen the Sunny before.

DSC_0672a.thumb.JPG.2367471da8b3e64e26ce73b651e54b53.JPG

That and a burgundy Mk3 Astra are about the only relief from boring modern tat though - although in the summer someone occasionally brings in their Mk1 Cortina, and there was a lad who used to have a G-plate 205 GTI as a daily.

11 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Sorry. Usually when somebody posts about a partner complaining about a car, the partner isn't the owner of the same car!

Nee bosh. I did advise her on it and sent her the link to it on fb. She went for a test drive while I was at work, and I said if it feels right just buy it. I did go back and collect it with her though.

16 hours ago, Eddie Honda said:

Chris, you should know better! This is Black Beauty:

6542655431_9671472ab2_z.jpg4.jpg by E Honda, on Flickr

And we have Hi Yo Silver!

I don't remember seeing any Volvo marketing stuff like yours when I joined a Volvo dealer in late 1985, must have died by then so hence the new Black Beauty!

P1060069 broad.jpg

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

And we have Hi Yo Silver!

I don't remember seeing any Volvo marking stuff like yours when I joined a Volvo dealer in late 1985, must have died by then so hence the new Black Beauty!

P1060069 broad.jpg

Well it was a 1978 special edition - UK 200 cars. Known in some markets as the Black Diamond.