The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Got to leave at 0300 to get ferry at 0800. Blimey ! Hopefully no hold ups at
that time.
I did that one time.

Grabbed the morning ferry from Hollyhead one Saturday morning except I woke up late.

It was the 0805 ferry from Hollyhead to Dublin and I woke up and got out the door at 0545 full hour later than my alarm was set.

I'd 105 miles to do and I think on the National speed limit bits of the motorway I didn't go below 80 the entire way. I'm super glad of the C5 HDi being well able of a fast cruise. Couldn't do that in the Jimny

Caught a bit of lorry traffic coming into Hollyhead but it was grand otherwise.

Well just woke up to a text message saying Citroen buyer has decided he's not selling now and wants to refund my deposit. Last night I ordered all the parts to service it and do the cambelt. Just had a row on the phone with him as I've insured it and was collecting it today.

20 minutes ago, dean36014 said:

Well just woke up to a text message saying Citroen buyer has decided he's not selling now and wants to refund my deposit. Last night I ordered all the parts to service it and do the cambelt. Just had a row on the phone with him as I've insured it and was collecting it today.

Bugger. 

On 9/28/2019 at 9:58 AM, wuvvum said:

Off on a collection mission - sadly nowhere near as exciting as the SVM's shenanigans last night, and hopefully nowhere near as eventful.  Just boarded train 1 of 4 (not including the Choob) - there is actually a direct train from Norwich which would deposit me 500 yards from the seller's house, but it's significantly more expensive and only marginally quicker, so I'm doing it the hard way. 

Apparently today is the first day in service for Greater Anglia's fancy new diesel trains on the Cambridge line, but the London service is still the good old Class 90 and slam door coaches. 

DSC_0653.thumb.JPG.42af644f3ee9ed0e9004f8df15bac97d.JPG

Just catching up on everything so a bit late. 

There are about 6 of these in a siding on the Mid-Norfolk railway on the B1108 at Kimberley.

Been there about 6 months. 

20 hours ago, MikeR said:

f in , bas tard in , pile of sh   it doo  r   cab  le   ha s ju st sn  app ed ......

for a ford focus leccy window  is it

a /    new door  gubbins

b/     new door

c/     new car

?

presently employing a length of string tied to door handle

Cable for the interior handle? Only a short section, but I found it fiddle to get the cable off the interior handle so would suggest replacing the whole thing as one unit.

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-98-05-REAR-INTERIOR-DOOR-HANDLE-CABLE-BLACK-REAR-RIGHT-O-S/202631327424?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item2f2dc4aec0:g:X~YAAOSwXHpcky43

2 hours ago, kfsgo said:

Did you know? It snowed in Calgary last weekend. Naturally enough that was the day I'd picked to take the new car out to find it some winter wheels and sadly unlike the old one it isn't the precise colour of road dirt.

IMG_20190929_123624281.jpg

IMG_20190929_153832806.jpg

That seems awfully early for snow, even in Canada!

I have a plan Mr Benn .... instead of spending lots of squids ,,,,,, I have some push bike wire in the garage !!!  ,

and a swear box .

mean while in dunce land   .....

I took a RF tag back to a school a few weeks back as we no longer needed it ........... little bit out of my way but it could save them a few bob by reusing it ...

postman called yesterday with a parcel with 1st class stamps all over it ...

the RF tag inside , with a note to contact the school if I wanted to renew my membership .......

sad to think they are teaching our children ... 

1 hour ago, dean36014 said:

I would expect him to also refund your out of pocket expenses in that situation.

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Jean Hammond of the Hammond Microcar collection is 90 today. Happy Birthday Jean!

90! thats grand old age :) 

didn't know it was her birthday today!

if you happen to talk to her, tell her I say happy birthday

(while I do have her phone number im a bit apprehensive calling as I dont want to be an inconvenience or interrupt something!)

Some pleasant individual has hit the Korando whilst it was parked up, put a nice dent in the wheel arch and taken some paint off too. Lovely.

Wouldn't be so bad, but Mrs LabRat had borrowed it to go to a course in Manchester while I replaced the brakes on the Tivoli... She is utterly mortified.

Timefor a phonecall round the repair shops then. And people wonder why I'm getting more antisocial as the years go by. 

IMG_20191005_103349.jpg

16 hours ago, SRi05 said:

Currently residing in a Leeds travelodge having travelled straight from work tonight in Glasgow, it's a stopover for a collection tomorrow morning. The wife says I'm nuts, she's probably right 

No pez shot, here's a piss shot from an a66 layby. Home now! 

IMG_20191005_130827.jpg

I bought myself a little present...

A copy of Motor magazine from 7th September 1985. 

1D260037-ADD6-4115-9DE6-6814D7B13A33.jpeg

The article that interests me is the best cars for under £3500...

605147B5-1424-4440-B11A-0FB43EB87293.jpeg

Why? Because it features a head to head between a Panda, a Mini, a Skoda Estelle a Lada, oh and...

A Citroen 2CV and a Yugo 45!! 

Any magazine featuring two of my fleet is absolutely worth it! 

40B6FC83-4FF8-4044-9173-13598F1A9F94.jpeg

New Zealand trip is getting closer, and I've discovered another Autoshiter is going to be there at the same time. Will see if we can actually meet up. Also hoping to meet some resident NZ Autoshiters on my travels. Beyond excited about this.  Still no idea what I'm going to be travelling around the country in!