The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Spotted this in Aldi this evening....
IMG_7891.thumb.JPG.db2d1d2d2afa738e7dda36d7e5b2353a.JPG
Sorry for potato cam. ODB reader £16.99, Bottle Jack £12.99, battery/plug in the fag lighter tyre inflators £9.99

Those bottle jacks are actually alright. I've got one and it's fairly decent. I've not got the storage room for a trolly jack so a bottle jack is a good compromise.

Is the odb reader worth a punt? Am on hol atm - is it better than Amazshit or ecrap offers?
Bought a Bluetooth off Amazon for 11 quid.

I can live read sensors as well as the codes. Presumably reset them but Ive not had a go yet

I'd go with the Bluetooth ones to be honest. There's more functionality...

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

After the recent overcharging phenomenon, I think one of those plug-in 12v voltmeter things might be a useful addition to the CX displays.

I've fitted one of these in place of the cigarette lighter in one of mine. Handy usb sockets too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-4-2A-Dual-USB-Car-Motorcycle-Charger-Socket-Adapter-Outlet-LED-Voltmeter/202518749858?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D60039%26meid%3Db54e76d472ba4a3db1337abb7691c088%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D351932712465%26itm%3D202518749858%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Smoll FL's C3 passed its MOT yesterday following some minor fettling of the rear brakes then promptly snapped something reversing last night, garage promptly collected this morning and left a courtesy car so no major hassle.

Also waiting for news on the C4GP which may be on its way to the bridge following what appears to be turbo failure and blocked DPF..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Smoll FL's C3 passed its MOT yesterday following some minor fettling of the rear brakes then promptly snapped something reversing last night, garage promptly collected this morning and left a courtesy car so no major hassle.

Also waiting for news on the C4GP which may be on its way to the bridge following what appears to be turbo failure and blocked DPF..

Having just driven the 107/C1/Aygo into town and parked in a packed multistorey, finding the most miniscule space and planting this in it it may be the vehicle of choice to replace the C4GP if it's toast as it's looking like I need to park in said multistorey till at least Feb.. Anyone considering moving one on for cheeps? Alternatively a Smart..

Also just discovered single pantograph wiper which I've shared with Dollywobbler on twitter and he seems very happy about..

Got stranded in garage this morning . Jap bus refused to turn over. Think its starter motor gone. Rang rac and gave it one last gi and it started. Got home then nothing again. Battery fine. So will get rac ti house tomorrow and let them have a look. So out in the vectra and the check engine light comes on. Running fine so will have a look later. Celica is parked up,  having drained it and put fresh anti freeze in just in case it has none. So three cars all being a pain. Sound familiar to anyone ? 

f in , bas tard in , pile of sh   it doo  r   cab  le   ha s ju st sn  app ed ......

for a ford focus leccy window  is it

a /    new door  gubbins

b/     new door

c/     new car

?

presently employing a length of string tied to door handle

5 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Smoll FL has his driving test this month and started an apprenticeship last month, yesterday he told me he'll have a 2CV to take to Chumley next May.. Good lad!

your probably very happy that he happened to drive the 2CV rather than my Invacar :mrgreen:

I wish him luck on his driving test! i'll be following in his footsteps in time! (hoping to arrange the start of my driving lessons in the coming week)

(although I have done things a bit backwards and got the car first! :) )

if he is as determined as I was when finding my Car then he should find a suitable 2CV in no time given how much more common they are! :)

4 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

Today is my last night in Worcestershire,tomorrow i move in with my dad,20 classic bikes and a 1925 Trojan in Dorset

Dan, good luck mate. Please stay in touch.  Sorry I didn't come to see you before today.  Everything has happened so fast. Losing a job, getting another one, sorting stuff inbetween.

Mind you, Dorset isn't far from the Yarmington IoW ferry terminal so can pass by at some point. If you're ever up on Worcestershire again, you've got somewhere to stay here.

/\

That's lovely, (very) well bought.

Today, I got some part worn tyres fitted to the alloys I got for the Galaxy. Only, as the tyre fitter pointed out as I put them in the boot, they aren't Ford alloys, they're Vauxhall ones. What an absolute fuckwit I am, good job the wheels were free.

3 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Smoll FL has his driving test this month and started an apprenticeship last month, yesterday he told me he'll have a 2CV to take to Chumley next May.. Good lad!

An excellent choice! Let me know when to start keeping an eye out for a good one for him! ? 

3 hours ago, dean36014 said:

I've done a car buyage. Well over my usual budget but it must be a virtual lone survivor. Zx 1.9d automatic estate. Only 36k miles from new and not far off immaculate. Drives like a new car still, albeit stately.IMG_20191004_133633.thumb.jpg.5ea1baacdb7f5053ed76ec08f640983a.jpgIMG_20191004_133649.thumb.jpg.276c69fbbd29f28c12269dec3ed11e92.jpgIMG_20191004_133640.thumb.jpg.a139fc83d37bb66edbc723ed7ae7bde1.jpgIMG_20191004_133659.thumb.jpg.7c9d1f60b22a8bae9b50a91d7cdfa6f4.jpg

I saw that on fb and was quite tempted myself! Well bought. 

Got to leave at 0300 to get ferry at 0800. Blimey ! Hopefully no hold ups at
that time.
I did that one time.

Grabbed the morning ferry from Hollyhead one Saturday morning except I woke up late.

It was the 0805 ferry from Hollyhead to Dublin and I woke up and got out the door at 0545 full hour later than my alarm was set.

I'd 105 miles to do and I think on the National speed limit bits of the motorway I didn't go below 80 the entire way. I'm super glad of the C5 HDi being well able of a fast cruise. Couldn't do that in the Jimny

Caught a bit of lorry traffic coming into Hollyhead but it was grand otherwise.

Well just woke up to a text message saying Citroen buyer has decided he's not selling now and wants to refund my deposit. Last night I ordered all the parts to service it and do the cambelt. Just had a row on the phone with him as I've insured it and was collecting it today.