The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

My business is doing really well all of a sudden, so I sold my T5 and was going to just lease a brand new van through the business to save tax, vat and the rest of it.

I got knocked back because the company hasn't been trading for a year, even though I offered to pay the 2 years lease up front! I need a van so I went on ebay and somehow ended up here: this is giving me MEGA HORN

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-Mk2-1990-Low-Mileage-85468/133187667205?hash=item1f029a8505:g:4oMAAOSwWtZdkmdK

5 minutes ago, cobblers said:

My business is doing really well all of a sudden, so I sold my T5 and was going to just lease a brand new van through the business to save tax, vat and the rest of it.

I got knocked back because the company hasn't been trading for a year, even though I offered to pay the 2 years lease up front! I need a van so I went on ebay and somehow ended up here: this is giving me MEGA HORN

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-Mk2-1990-Low-Mileage-85468/133187667205?hash=item1f029a8505:g:4oMAAOSwWtZdkmdK

That’s tremendous. You’ll get many more winks in that!

22 minutes ago, cobblers said:

s-l1600.jpg

Bonus AEC Number Plate FTW! :) 

"After inspecting the front tyre, the officer advised the motorist to head to a nearby garage to have a new tyre fitted."

Should have called the cops to lift it off the road. Wtf

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-02/car-with-bizarre-bubbles-on-front-tyre-stopped-on-school-run-in-derby/?fbclid=IwAR21dxgzasxV0zeHQ_V9LDL6S1k9dW3gmklGjFl7C9QGFrZlvgMh7G_Lez095fea23dacda914573ca58cb903fdb00.jpg

Autoglass in da house replacing the Coupe's shattered quarterlight.

Blokey said he's been doing the job 20 years and never seen an Accord coupe before. He said when he got the job he suspected it would be a total ball ache, but was very pleased to see I'd sorted out all the seat/rear bulkhead/side trim removal for him and even more so when I said I'd put it all back together.  He showed me the virtually unobtainium replacement panel (over two months for them to source it) and reckoned he'd be done in 40 minutes.

Happy chappy :)

Me, however, is totally fucked, after an hour's labour sweating me balls off ripping the car apart....

10 hours ago, cobblers said:

Weber carb should compensate a bit for the automatic transmission.

Drove an auto Mk.2 Golf (also a 1.6) a few times many years ago; pickup was slow and it was a bit reluctant at the top end. 

18 hours ago, Ghosty said:

If all goes to plan I might need a car with no MoT moving from London to Manchester next week. 

Can anyone assist?

If you're still looking there's a Facebook group called "UK Backloads" or similar. Recovery drivers out of position use this to get paying jobs to where they need to be.

It's thanks* to this (And Cavcraft who i saw mention it on a thread on here somewhere) that I managed to get a dead Octavia moved from South Shields to Fife for £160

If you want I'll find the group for you.

Spotted this in Aldi this evening....
IMG_7891.thumb.JPG.db2d1d2d2afa738e7dda36d7e5b2353a.JPG
Sorry for potato cam. ODB reader £16.99, Bottle Jack £12.99, battery/plug in the fag lighter tyre inflators £9.99

Those bottle jacks are actually alright. I've got one and it's fairly decent. I've not got the storage room for a trolly jack so a bottle jack is a good compromise.