The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of 69 plates about? They've been out nearly three weeks and I've only seen one, a Tesla model 3, which coincidentally is also the first one of those I've seen in the wild.
It used to be that you'd see a new reg within a couple of days of them coming out. Is everyone too embarrassed to have a 69 on their car? 
I was thinking the same..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

That’s the plan, I just need the chance to get under it to do that! I’ve been meaning to do it since the dripping  started. But I filled it up at work and by the time I’d driven the 8 miles home the fluid was low again! 
I may have my patented Moog Cooler sitting in the garage which is an upgrade on the standard kit using Screwfix finest plumbing bits. Let me know if you want me to dig it ou

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of 69 plates about? They've been out nearly three weeks and I've only seen one, a Tesla model 3, which coincidentally is also the first one of those I've seen in the wild.

It used to be that you'd see a new reg within a couple of days of them coming out. Is everyone too embarrassed to have a 69 on their car? 

Its being discussed in the modern section. Personally I've seen very few 69 plates but an utter flood of 19. The prices must have dropped so their doing well on lease... 

1 hour ago, snagglepuss said:

I may have my patented Moog Cooler sitting in the garage which is an upgrade on the standard kit using Screwfix finest plumbing bits. Let me know if you want me to dig it ou

Cheers, I’ll try the bypass first. I barely use it let alone use it on a track!! 

The Volvo has been earning it's keep for the last couple of days doing multiple tip runs while I've been doing a major tidy up on two neighbours gardens due to them being elderly/unwell and their children being abroad and/or terminally hopeless & lazy.  Balancing at the top of a shoogly ladder wielding a chainsaw is not one of my favorite pastimes but thankfully it's all done and I still have all appendages intact. The Leyland conifer is surely the most hopeless and misery inducing of all the trees. No wonder it was named after the UK's premier (*) motor manufacturer :-) 

volvo_tree.thumb.jpg.42e847452a7d60d6d1ea372b2d196058.jpg

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Its being discussed in the modern section. Personally I've seen very few 69 plates but an utter flood of 19. The prices must have dropped so their doing well on lease... 

Ah yes, don't get over there much but seems obvious now you mention it. 

*picture of blue Princess*

That's the most comprehensively rotten front valance I've ever seen on a Princess.  Do you have any pics showing the reg on that one?  Be useful to add to the archive, even if it's destined to be binned.  I'd expect the poor old thing to be utterly rotten given what's visible in that photo and would expect it to need all the arches doing, the sills, large chunks of the floor, etc.  Suspension might pump back up, or it might have all collapsed, or the pipes might have just rotted out.  Hopefully it at least lives on as a parts donor.

12 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

*picture of blue Princess*

That's the most comprehensively rotten front valance I've ever seen on a Princess.  Do you have any pics showing the reg on that one?  Be useful to add to the archive, even if it's destined to be binned.  I'd expect the poor old thing to be utterly rotten given what's visible in that photo and would expect it to need all the arches doing, the sills, large chunks of the floor, etc.  Suspension might pump back up, or it might have all collapsed, or the pipes might have just rotted out.  Hopefully it at least lives on as a parts donor.

Have a look vulgalour, I know this car, it's been on the driveway for over 20 years at least, it has other old cars for company too but I can't remember what they are, 1950's possibly?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2437865753116490/

5 hours ago, Yoss said:

Two mclaren senna 69 regs outside work this month, apart from those I’ve not seen a new reg in the real world. Even in Surrey.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Destination achieved - nice wee B&B just outside Airdrie.  Edinburgh tomorrow; rest now.  Rover has done great but it's a fucking long way from Norfolk.

Cheers for the invite, but I'll be heading home on Tuesday.

Pity, but hope you enjoy your time up here - where else are you heading up here?

Sunday I'll be driving up to Loch Lomond and then up into the Cairngorms - just driving around aimlessly really to see what I can see.  Monday I'll probably go up the west coast a bit, although the weather is supposed to turn to shite by then so will have to see.
Tis lovely up there. I recommend a drive through Tullough road. Its a pass over to Glenmallen over the hills.

9312a9f066666ecef5c810d90c559972.jpg

2 hours ago, rusty998 said:

Have a look vulgalour, I know this car, it's been on the driveway for over 20 years at least, it has other old cars for company too but I can't remember what they are, 1950's possibly?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2437865753116490/

That's... yeah.  Don't leave your cars under a tarp for 20 years, kids, it doesn't do them any favours.