The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Heater blower doesn't work on the T25. They're only about £35 though, or something like that. Not so bad, hey? Actually YES IT FUCKING WELL IS because it seems you have to take the entire dash board off/out to change it. Also, 'because VW' the twatting battery has decided to keep flattening itself the last few days, and changing to a known good one possibly isn't any different.

My neighbour asked for first refusal if I decided to sell it, will be knocking her door down soon if it carries on like this. 

3 hours ago, clayts450 said:

And....? Don't keep us in suspenders...

Fail. ?

48756237803_b9562dd78d_z.jpgDSCF0851 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The CV boot and tyres were mentioned as advisories on last year's MOT so I knew they'd probably need doing although I didn't realise the front tyre was so bad. Overall not as bad as I thought it might be and no mention of corrosion which was a pleasant surprise considering the rather crusty rear arches. I will be getting it sorted as I enjoy driving it and I'd like a chance to get a couple of  pictures of it with my brother's Fiesta.   

I checked the Power steering fluid again (just because I worry...) and it is now a lovely nearly clear fluid with just a pale green tinge, just like it should be. This is good :)  Also just had to get something out of the boot of the car for a friend: pressed the unlock button and all the lights came on (headlights etc and the interior ones) as well as the car unlocking and she oohed and aahed over it. Another female gadget freak :)  

It's not just men who are sad old bastards...

9 hours ago, BL Bloke said:

Fail. ?

48756237803_b9562dd78d_z.jpgDSCF0851 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The CV boot and tyres were mentioned as advisories on last year's MOT so I knew they'd probably need doing although I didn't realise the front tyre was so bad. Overall not as bad as I thought it might be and no mention of corrosion which was a pleasant surprise considering the rather crusty rear arches. I will be getting it sorted as I enjoy driving it and I'd like a chance to get a couple of  pictures of it with my brother's Fiesta.   

That’s an amazing result for a Fiesta in the deep autumn of its lifespan. Nice one!

3 morning's worth of shed tidying and chucking crap out has resulted in this so far.

IMG_7823.thumb.JPG.feeeaeb705f6c3df04da38104ffa761f.JPG

IMG_7824.thumb.JPG.510febd2fa5618e6cdf60070fa1b3876.JPG

IMG_7825.thumb.JPG.4645f853f5689d6e769a5d908802c061.JPG

Only a few gardening tools to hang up and the floor to sweep really. It's amazing how much you can get in a 7ft x 4ft shed with a bit of thought. Yes I have two lawnmowers.

Then I'll be off to the tip with that above tonne bag after I've put yet more trimmings in it. Hopefully I can at least see what is making the clonking noise on the Saab this afternoon.

Saw a 2006 Morgan just now with the plate OO06 MOG which looked weird.  I didn't think you could have OO as the first letters on plate.  Is it some sort of special thing, like a military plate or something?  If so, what on earth is it doing on an ordinary Morgan?

23 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Saw a 2006 Morgan just now with the plate OO06 MOG which looked weird.  I didn't think you could have OO as the first letters on plate.  Is it some sort of special thing, like a military plate or something?  If so, what on earth is it doing on an ordinary Morgan?

Nope, one of my customers has oo06**e. Her name is Gail so with a  strategically placed coloured fixing the plate reads like a strong wind.

There used to be a BMW running around in Plymouth with the plate: OO06OOD which I thought looked quite good, but I am sad that way.

Been a polishing of a solitary headlight, results are mxed mainly down to the fact that I didn't spend enough time on the various grades of sandpaper - it starts at 800, then 1500, 2000 and finally, 3000. The last two are cushioned pads and all of them go on a pad that goes in the drill. The final stage is applied with this posh sponge thing that looks like it escaped from an anachoic chamber!  Quite impressive really, Autoglym £28 or £24 with a trade card. Sadly, the body was vaguely willing to start again at 800 grade and do a better job but the drills battery was not and the final polish as it was, was done at a speed that a rusty clockwork slow worm would consider, tardy!

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Here we are again at Garage Dubois-Loizou, to have another fucked alternator replaced by a non-fucked Valeo one:

20190919_170844.thumb.jpg.c14adc074c93524bd6dda06361c0fba9.jpg

There must be a leak.....

Ah yes, but if you park the car up again, there's no leak to see! Problem solved!

42 minutes ago, egg said:

That CX would make me weep. Top stuff for keeping on with it!

Y'know why I keep on with it? Because everything* else about it actually runs just grand. I can't ask for more because I know I wouldn't find another N/A one that solid for the price I paid. Turbo ones are just complex.

Although,  Monsieur Dubois did say, as I was leaving his establishment,  that after years of training and experience in CXs he still couldn't understand why such a perfect car was built so badly. And that from a Frenchman!

5 hours ago, meggersdog said:

Nope, one of my customers has oo06**e. Her name is Gail so with a  strategically placed coloured fixing the plate reads like a strong wind.

What you really want is OM66GMO or OM06OMG or MO61GOM

The little dribble of PAS fluid coming from the MX5s cooler pipe has turned into a veritable stream... pissballs
Its due at a show on Sunday.
A string of annoying issues means Im really starting to fall out of love with it now.... 
Bypass it. Just loop the rubber hose - it isn't needed really unless track work.

WIFE_CMS is currently jobless, the wee man has a constant cold and has entered the terrible twos and I'm working 15 hour shifts most days now.

Ideal time to buy another shitter with no MOT thats at the other end of the country.

Anyone have recommendations for tyres in Surrey, or even better have some cheap but legal wheels in 4x108 (I think) flavour in that locale that I can buy/beg/steal/borrow next Friday?