The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Had the Multipla for 1 year today.

In that time I've:

Cleaned 6 seats - washing all the covers.

Washed the front carpet and replaced the rear.

Cleaned off all the interior sticky plastics.

Thermostat and Renault5 t-stat in top hose.

New clutch and gearbag oil.

Fiat Coupe wheels

20mm rear spacers

30mm lowering springs

Top mounts

Drop links

ARB poly bushes

Front shocks

Aux belt

Timing belt, idler, tensioner and water pump.

Front bumper

Drivers wing.

And tried to do a little cut/polish/wax/touch up here and there.

Phew!

I did it. My god it took me 4 hours. I'm proud of myself as that was bloody hard.

Just got to put the pollen filter housings Ng back on but I started it and sounds healthy, keen to give it a blast driving and see how my efforts fare. Got rid of A LOT of carbon and egr is nice and clean now too. 

IMG_20190824_194409.jpg

Shee-ite! I want the number plate from the Puch, it's my sons initials and I do like a Puch :)  My first 'Legal' bike was a Puch Grand Prix 50. Sadly I wasn't riding that when I parked a Kawasaki 350 triple in the back door of a MK1 Transit...

25 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Shee-ite! I want the number plate from the Puch, it's my sons initials and I do like a Puch :)  ...

I know where the owner is, so if ye're serious about making an offer.

The only reason I took a photo of the numberplate is because I thought the dealer's name could be amended to "GIFFER".....

This happened today

20190824_172407.thumb.jpg.6326b0014642abd6a17b1cd36ce1ceeb.jpg

That's just shy of 4k in my ownership.

That's quite enough for me thank you very much.

This has been an interesting foray into modern ownership, all in all I'm really quite impressed with what £340 can get you. Except for these fucking seats! Thanks to the efforts of fatherREB/Richard I should be back in MavisNotMavis next week. Thank god for that.

So, 12 days ago in a thread about 205's, I made the post below. 

I then faltered on the comment I made completely. 

My mate who owns the BMW referred too offered me it 2 weeks ago after getting pulled for drink driving. He received a 40 month ban on Friday, so after a bit of negotiation a deal was made. 

07 320d M Sport, 135k, decent service history, has been fairly well looked after overall, drives well. At less than £1500 I think this was a good buy. 

Just need to get his private plate off it now as, unsurprisingly, I was pulled and breathalysed yesterday evening ?

Think the A8 and 205 will be going as this will do the job to replace both as economical commuter but big enough for daily family duties. 

Screenshot_20190825-100408.png

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

16 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I know where the owner is, so if ye're serious about making an offer.

The only reason I took a photo of the numberplate is because I thought the dealer's name could be amended to "GIFFER".....

Yes indeed, just don't mention I want the plate, I JUST WANT THE PUCH, okay? :) 

Couple of people might know already, but I went out to look at a car at the other end of the country today, was keeping it quiet because of Chumley, but I haven't bought it so I'll be attending that in the Volvo. Five and a half hours into a six hour journey I'm told there's bad news.

It wouldn't start without Easy Start and cut out without throttle, though this may have been the fuel pump switch (this may suggest what it is to those knowledgeable) and the windscreen's recently cracked. General consensus is 'run like fuck' (as was with an overpriced MK2 Granada 2.8i Ghia last week), and I may well. That's two cars I've viewed and failed to buy, and an E28 528i got pulled from under me as I couldn't view it soon enough.

If anyone sees any nice pre-1990 executive tat for sale...

3 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Just got back from a splendid day out at Little Clacton. Loads of lovely stuff and the weather couldn't have been better.

Looks good. I did have that as a back-up plan in case the custom and hot rod show at Stonham Barns wasn't any good, but it was OK so that was as far as I went.

Workshop session on the Falcon, then got too hot and bothered and decided a drive to Lidl in Dorchester in my 100e would cool me down and cheer me up. 

Scooby snacks - as seems the Lidl/Aldi way - were not forthcoming, so a hastened ham sandwich assembly and suspiciously titled “Kong Strong” accompaniment was required  to curb late lunch pangs. 

Turned out to be a nice west Dorset drive  ?

33FBC33B-4506-4526-A2D5-E8D1783C2D55.thumb.jpeg.a79d0206d0db30ee2a3a1b0c1c3258c4.jpegAE122D93-2B37-4AAA-89EC-D0C7A1B744EC.thumb.jpeg.2f452b20fef84267048368684485ce97.jpeg7D159D72-6D7D-4D88-BD42-D7BC684ADF99.thumb.jpeg.7d16a7a279af31304616d6bf3fecf80a.jpeg

So rock and roll. Fucking love bank holidays....

12 hours ago, Amishtat said:

There was a lot on this weekend, got any pictures? There was one at Brightlingsea today too I think, that's usually worth a trip. Haven't done many shows this year but Clacton is usually a good selection of stuff I haven't seen before. 

Lots of photos! I'll try and get a selection on here tonight. There were a few late '60s/early '70s full-size hardtop saloon/coupe land yachts which I found particularly appealing.

Looks like plenty have been out enjoying the sunshine, some nice stuff on the roads this weekend but I've either been driving or without camera so no snaps unfortunately.  Really really need to get some motivation to get on with something of my own in the next couple of weeks. 

Started dismantling on the Clio to replace the clutch the other day, but started to feel a bit out of my depth as it's a bigger job than I've taken on in a very long time. Pondering whether to go ahead and order the clutch kit which might give me some renewed enthusiasm, or whether that'll be a waste of money as I might not get it to a state where I can fit it. 

When we got the keys to the house we bought a few weeks ago we were surprised to find rather a lot of junk in the garage. Coupled with our own junk and the 2CV the garage has been rather full and required mountain goat skills to access much let alone all the movement in order to access the pit! 

So bank holiday job for me today is...

7AC38559-6A5A-4736-BCC4-D0F3E3ECBE9C.jpeg

And it’s empty. We’ve been painting in sections and the plan was to paint the floor too, but we need to put all the stuff back in the garage so that might be a section by section job too. 

However not quite done, need to sort through the mystery crap in the ceiling space next... 

7DC39F79-6C36-4BAC-B702-EE09907F90AA.jpeg

Trying to do the welding on the Princess door today was a bust.  Was sweating just standing still in the unit and that was before I'd even got the welding gear on.  It's been the kind of hot where it's quiet, which is nice.  Not many people out and about, everyone seems to stay indoors, apart from a few young, fit, topless sorts which is a pleasant distraction while driving about.