The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I think hoovie owns a percentage of a frozen custard fast food place but went on sabbatical from working there in 2018 do the youtube channel.
I seem to remember him taking out some huge long term loan to get the Phantom with the hope the youtube revenue would pay it off. How he got the huge house  I've no idea but once you get have a youtube channel with a lot of videos you can okay. He also has that reality TV program they're always plugging.  It still doesn't add up to that car collection and the big house, and no job.
Doug Demauro did a video about cost of supercars and how to afford them. Pretty much said once you are in that pool then it is easy to get loans for them. Insurance was cheaper than his family car.

Not sure with Hoovie as he seems to lose money. He will be making money from YouTube and no doubt money outside of there as well.

Bloke has recently moved into our posh little cull de sac. He's brought with him a company owned Mercedes C class, which he parks on his drive) and an utterly fucked Nissan Joke (which he leaves on the street). The Nissan is stoved in all down the passenger side and has sat in a pool of oil for some weeks. He told me that his wife had killed the engine & it would soon be gone. Not gone soon enough apparently. This morning it is home to a DVLA big yellow clamp. If only he'd left the Merc on the road instead eh?

Castle Donington seems to be a regular haunt for the DVLA clamping teams at the mo.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

After 6 months anxiety,  waiting for the axe to fall at my work, I have finally secured a new job. Not only that but it's a role that I really want. Can't wait to get started.

I almost broke down on the phone when I got the call.

It’s really fucking glib when people say “these things happen for a reason” and it makes my piss boil. 

I’d never say that.

BUT - good things happen to good people. Of that I’m sure.

Well done mate. With hindsight and a bit of time, I think it becomes a bit clearer that great things can often come from a shitty starting point. 

Well done again dude. 

4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

It’s really fucking glib when people say “these things happen for a reason” and it makes my piss boil. 

I’d never say that.

BUT - good things happen to good people. Of that I’m sure.

Well done mate. With hindsight and a bit of time, I think it becomes a bit clearer that great things can often come from a shitty starting point. 

Well done again dude. 

The reason in the words of Billy Bragg is because "someone in a far off land clicked on a mouse" 

Luckily for most redundancy, whilst being the most stressful thing behind cancer and divorce, often is the catalyst for people to review where they want to go in life. 

And often looking back they are glad it happened.  

Says the man whose been made redundant twice.  The first time it fucked with my confidence but ultimately the new job came with training that led to better things 10 years later. The second time I was in the wrong job and knew it was a matter of time, but led to actually using the training I'd had 10 years previously. 

After 6 months anxiety,  waiting for the axe to fall at my work, I have finally secured a new job. Not only that but it's a role that I really want. Can't wait to get started.

Congrat's, that's fantastic news and well deserved. Must be an enormous relief and weight off your shoulders.  Nice one.

Great news, hopefully the sleepless nights will now be put to bed. I would want to go now so I could get on with a new chapter.

2 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Great stuff! Congratulations!

You should buy a car to celebrate, you must need a new commuter...

55 minutes ago, SiC said:

A little part of me inside has just died when I saw this:
db2019au01003_large.jpg
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-has-happened/

JLR must have got their market research right in doing a RR Evoque convertible if the might of VAG have gone to the effort of doing one now too.

The car is dead. Long live the car. 

I like it, it'll be perfect for the wife in 10 years and I'll drive it wearing a flat cap banging out some choons.

Turbo back together, exploratory mission successful!

Back to the "Honda":

20190815_135249.thumb.jpg.90d886d99b3383331de9bf900eed66db.jpg

Low hours my arse! I'm not really sure what's going on in there, I'm fairly certain these are alloy, so quite how it's full of rusty crap I'm not sure.

I also sliced my thumb open halfway to the bone on something in the crankcase, dislike.

1 minute ago, reb said:

Turbo back together, exploratory mission successful!

Back to the "Honda":

20190815_135249.thumb.jpg.90d886d99b3383331de9bf900eed66db.jpg

Low hours my arse! I'm not really sure what's going on in there, I'm fairly certain these are alloy, so quite how it's full of rusty crap I'm not sure.

I also sliced my thumb open halfway to the bone on something in the crankcase, dislike.

That's just normal deposits from either shit or stale fuel. TADTS. Clean it off(work!) or just slap it back together and give it an italian tune-up with fresh juice.

2 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

That's just normal deposits from either shit or stale fuel. TADTS. Clean it off(work!) or just slap it back together and give it an italian tune-up with fresh juice.

Might as well clean it up, I have no real use for it once it's back together, I'm just doing it for something to do so I might as well do it properly!

6 hours ago, snagglepuss said:

Doug Demauro did a video about cost of supercars and how to afford them. Pretty much said once you are in that pool then it is easy to get loans for them. Insurance was cheaper than his family car.

Yep, I saw that video too. I get the impression Doug is a very risk averse sensible guy though - and he has 3m subs - which is a different scale.

The Jag is being collected tonight (allegedly) and as I didn't want to appear a 'cheap old bastard' I thought I'd better put some fuel in it. £20 bloody quid just to get the gauge off the stop! Also driving around it is amazing how many people look at it/make positive comments - just heard three lasses go 'Wow!' as it passed.

:)

been grappling with herself's mk5 golf.  it needs a test and needs rear pads. got one side changes out but on the otherside, the caliper piston just will not retract. I tried rocking it both ways to get a little move on it but its not budging. fearing a seized caliper although when i put on handbrake it grabbed disc ok so i am not so sure.

i am guessing that new pads on nearside and not on offside is a no-no??

also have to cut the passenger side airbag connector out under the seat as it keeps tripping off the light on the dash. even after i clear it it comes back on.