The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

My dad took the 2cv to their local village fete today ( garden village, Wrexham). It won a rosette whilst my mum’s cake stall for church mad £230,  Not sure what category the rosette was ( best 2cv? Maybe, the Fiat won one a couple of years ago for best 1980s).  I’ll call them later.

1EFC38DC-5E0C-4B52-A089-C7FC9720C23D.png

F155C923-9FC8-4BA3-8A9D-41F6FD414348.jpeg

6BE23D96-6D12-4730-BF20-1673B7A467E7.jpeg

If anyone fancies moving next door to me it’s now up for rent. They need to pay for these royal weddings and christenings...

http://www.windsorgreatpark.co.uk/en/live-and-work/property/residential-lettings/3-home-farm

very old photos though- at least one is from when they were converted in 2005, and there’s a c15 in one shot!. And last time I was in their lounge they had a full sized table tennis table and netball hoop in it.

46 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

If anyone fancies moving next door to me it’s now up for rent. They need to pay for these royal weddings and christenings...

http://www.windsorgreatpark.co.uk/en/live-and-work/property/residential-lettings/3-home-farm

very old photos though- at least one is from when they were converted in 2005, and there’s a c15 in one shot!. And last time I was in their lounge they had a full sized table tennis table and netball hoop in it.

That page is so pic-heavy and detail-rich that my tablet is unable to show it!!

19 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

That could well be a filter to rule out the hoi poloi from viewing ;-)

I'll be trying to view it on the PC later, but I wouldn't be surprised if the page said "Price On Application" on the basis that, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Some collectioneering action today, close to Jaaag heartland (we happened to pass the Jaguar engine plant on the way down). Also may have committed to a project X300 4.0 Sport on the way back as it was a few miles from this one (which I can collect at the end of the month). Busy weekend! There is also a danger I may have a 40 k mile 1 owner Punto fall into my lap tomorrow, albeit actually available in September. No pictutes of specifics on the Punto, but 1 owner and always garaged I'm told, and only a few miles from me. Might be a shed, might be a minter. Before anyone asks, yes the sills on both sides have been replaced on the X-type.

IMG_7231.JPG

IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7237.JPG

P38 had oil and filter change this afternoon. Probably the most straightforward task on this car to date! Old filter was a bastard to get off but it came off eventually. Methinks last year's service had a machine do up the filter instead of someone's hands. MPG stats mean the car is now doing 15.3 MPG!!!!111!!!!!!! (Still 31.7 less than my Micra but we'll gloss over that)

The Range Rover has also finally stopped marking its territory after a gasket change, so that takes the edge off the failed driver's doorhandle.

2 hours ago, chaseracer said:

£2300/month.

Form an orderly queue...

Tell tale tit!

being a one bedroom apartment, my rent is not quite in this league.  Although I still get the police to wave on the drive ( even in the 2cv) and drinkies at the big hooose at Christmas.