The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

41 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

This train has really uncomfortable seats.  My arse is already going numb. 

If it's a SouthEastern train, you normally expect to be standing anyway!

13 hours ago, SiC said:

I'll have to remember that excuse when I get whinged at for saying something political from current affairs. 

ITS NOT POLITICS, ITS JUST CURRENT NEWS.

Standard boilerplate. Farce. 

Sold Volvo. To a man who has probably voted. Hope he's got home without stopping to buy a tartan blanket. 

Managed to get two of the CX's red warning lights working again: the oil light and the "STOP - everything broken" light. Only connections for the battery and coolant level lights to trace, plus the one for the seat belt sign.

A short circuit has come up with the tail lights - the dual filament brake and tail. The brake lights work normally, which is grand. But when I switch on the side markers or low beams, the dual filaments both receive power, so it looks like I'm driving about at night with my brakes on...

Also the ventilation fan now runs at low speed, even though the control rheostat is "off". *sighs*

There is definitely a spider living somewhere on or in the car. I keep finding cobwebs either strung between the passenger door mirror and the glass, or strung across part of the rear windscreen louvres.

Left front tyre might have a slow leak - only this one needs reinflating to the full 35psi every so often. They are all "MAXXIS" 195/70/14 tyres.

The Bird's Clio is back on the road as of today.

I consolidated all the Clio parts bought for both that are on fleet onto one car. Therefore hers has:

New front calipers

New rear calipers

New handbrake cables

New front to rear brake lines

New front to rear flexis

New rear brake lines

New rear pads

2 new front dampers and springs, plus new topmounts

2 new rear dampers

4 new tyres

Oh, and a new throttle cable.

It drives fucking lovely:)

54 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

A short circuit has come up with the tail lights - the dual filament brake and tail. The brake lights work normally, which is grand. But when I switch on the side markers or low beams, the dual filaments both receive power, so it looks like I'm driving about at night with my brakes on...

Had this on the Corolla last week - the 21/5 bulb had shorted internally. Worth checking

Well the x1/9 inspection in Basingstoke hasn’t happened ( yet). The potential buyer was in regular contact about the car, and they’d agreed to let a local club member view it. He asked for the address on Friday and that’s it. No further communication received.

perhaps they don’t want to sell, or are worried that even I would be able to see the problems.

apparently most of the photos were from when the car was new in 1988!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bertone-x-19-/264358260897?ul_noapp=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-53200-19255-0%2F1%3Fcampid%3D5337089937%26customid%3D%26toolid%3D10018%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fitm%252FBertone-x-19-%252F264358260897%26srcrot%3D711-53200-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2016703667436%26rvr_ts%3D7ffb099b16b0ac1a30a5cc9dffde8c86&nma=true&si=FUeak5%2Fvms59T6i2GaCY3JD5OOs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557