The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

19 minutes ago, cms206 said:

As of July 4th I am unemployed, through my own choice.

I've never been unemployed since I turned sixteen and I've never had a job interview. This should go well*.

Stay positive Andy.

I made myself unemployed in February as I needed to quit the bullshit.

It made for an arse nipping moment when I eventually got it right in my head, was too late then though.

Whilst the current job is a stopgap and not what I plan longer term, the previous job was the one last thing progressing my mental health issues and reminding of bad memories. I needed to distance from that and also certain people who I brought with me from previous jobs that I considered friends and screwed me over. Working anywhere was better than that.

Keep focused, tailor the future job applications by individual job spec etc and stay positive.

I've lots of experience recruiting so happy to review a CV, discuss interviews, or chat etc, just drop me a message on Facebook if needed.

Dont know the circumstances on why you've made your decision but it must be the right one for you right now. Good on you for having the bollocks to do it.

3 hours ago, loserone said:

Yeah, Henry has always been shit at dog hair ?

Reckon a nice day out in the sales for it tomorrow, though I'm struggling to get the kids' seats tight enough in the back

Both Sam and Max were straight onto helping clean the interior up and did a sterling job, its 100 times better than what it was.

Some TLC Mike and a bit more time with it and you will warm too it. She is quite a charming old thing.

In other news the guy I bought it from added me on Facebook yesterday. We have laughed about Saturdays events and he has stated he is just happy somebody else is into old tat like him.

I've sign posted him here as his collection was ace!

38 minutes ago, cms206 said:

I've never been unemployed since I turned sixteen and I've never had a job interview. This should go well*.

Welcome to the club and good luck!

2 hours ago, cms206 said:

I salute you. Can't say I've ever chosen to be under employed, but before I went freelance, I'd been made redundant twice.  Both times what came out of it was 100 times better. 

10 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I tried some Renovo on the Audi roof last night, the first 2 pictures are before.

It needs another pass but I'm happy that it looks a lot better than before.

BTW the stuf absolutely HUMS! A combination of shite and landfill.

I gave mine a good clean with soapy water and a scrubbing brush before hood dye and water proofer, it came up great.

9 hours ago, loserone said:

Yeah, Henry has always been shit at dog hair ?

Reckon a nice day out in the sales for it tomorrow, though I'm struggling to get the kids' seats tight enough in the back

I didn't bother with the hair, but just putting the nozzle near the carpets under the front seats pulled an inch thick layer of dust out and away! 

Please post some after pics once it's had a proper clean, the outside might be amazing as it is, but the interior will clean up really well I think, apart from the small hole in the drivers seat it looked pretty mint under the grime

Yeah, I bet it was pretty rancid, thanks to everyone's efforts making it more habitable!

I currently think I have to sell it, as it's not got the "drive of your life" steering I really want, and I can only afford to run one toy car and I like the MGF too much.  But fret not, I have three potential plans and no matter which comes to fruition, it will still be on the forum (and one keeps in my street)

Transit is misbehaving, again.  It ran quite badly (limp mode and blowing exhaust) which was cured by tightening up an exhaust stud and taking it to another garage to have the EGR properly deleted, ie on a computer. Made a big difference, pulled better loaded and unloaded and although no ball of fire, it was an improvement. Then, halfway home yesterday, the exhaust started blowing again and it seems to be back in limp mode.  

I think it's time with me is going to very short lived.

Did some more waterproofing fiddling on the MGB last night (will write up later) and I think I've got it sorted. Biggest problem was that Toms Knob wasn't blocked up, but the rubber has gone all hard. So water wasn't draining quickly at all from it. Tempted to cut it off. 

Went for a drive this morning for petrol and a potter. Started up ok but it felt incredibly grumpy. It ran however rather low down on power and a tad lumpy. Was wondering if with all the rain we've had, water has got into somewhere electrical it shouldn't have. Pulled up into a nearby car park and popped the bonnet for a quick check.

20190615_100841.thumb.jpg.9c16b6003864784fd5da824e63073851.jpg

20190615_100844.thumb.jpg.20e2185a9e3f4b252bb38f7e5579e17c.jpg

Err yeah that'll do it. Quite surprised how well it ran on 3 really!

You can also see in that last picture, the best solution I have to stopping the dipstick moving around... Turning it so the handle pushes against the heater valve. Almost as if it was designed like that! When I was fiddling with the dipstick, I removed the cap and must have forgotten to put it back on. Oops.